Ra album on Suntrip!

hello everyone! :)

There were already some rumours about Ra (ex member of Dimension 5, and highly appreciated goa act because of his "to sirius" album) making music again!

And I can only say this is véry true :) We decided to work together in the future, and Ra will work on an album now. It looks like it will be ready by autumn/winter! So still some time ahead, but I thought I wanted to share this news with all of you! :)

Also I can assure you his style is still very melodic, emotional and eastern influenced sensitive goa and ambient! :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

WhhhhhhhhOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D:D

It's unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!My dream will truely become a reality! :rolleyes:

Suntrip records, thanx thanx thanx a lot!!!! With this Ra contract, you have proved today that you are a great label, as you haven't let the big opportunity to have a such rare talent in your team! It's an evidence that your label will be more prestigious with Christer working with you. It's the best info I have heard since a long time!!

No doubt for me that the second Ra album will be a wonderful masterpiece! I will be the first to buy his album! I send you the money right now! :D

Guest Cosmogenesis

Does this involve the full group (3 members) or just Borge-Lunde?

486455[/snapback]

It's a very good question, man. IMO, I don't think that Lars.W Lind and Charlie Clarke (Electron wave co-member) are still part of the Ra project, because the last Ra track, called "Sanctuary" in 2003, has been produced by Borge-Lunde alone.

Furthermore, Charlie Clarke seems to have stopped to make music with Hunab-Ku co-member, Nik Wenham, as their last album "Infinite Nothing" has never been released on psysonik records (Ajuca Productions), I still don't know what's going on with this album... (What a shame!) In an old interview of psynews, Ra tells also he wants to make a second electron wave album with Charlie Clarke, but after nothing has been planned, probably because of the end of Novatekk records.

I don't know at 100% if Lars W Lind is still making some music.

But maybe Anoebis can give us more and 100% sure information about this.

Magnificent news. I never really have heard anything from Ra other than To Sirius, which I must proclaim, was and still is a top notch, well-produced, wonderfully constructed album. I am looking forward to more information about this new release.

Whooohooo, that's great news!!!!! I just hope it's a propper trance/goa/upbeat album and not an ambient or down-tempo one...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Whooohooo, that's great news!!!!! I just hope it's a propper trance/goa/upbeat album and not an ambient or down-tempo one...

486643[/snapback]

Don't worry, man! Even if the upcoming album will not produce a goa stuff, Ra's ambient style is still very unique and emotional. The "Sirius" track on his first album and "Sanctuary" (from the Energetic compilation) are great goa-ambient masterpieces!

Posted Image

Guest The Journey Man Project

would love his first album tobe re-released again... as a bonus disc with this would be great or as a double cd... lost my copy when my cd case was stolen years ago....

Guest Cosmogenesis

would love his first album tobe re-released again... as a bonus disc with this would be great or as a double cd... lost my copy when my cd case was stolen years ago....

488153[/snapback]

Man, I don't want to be pessimistic, but "To Sirius" was already re-released: Novatekk Records have made a re-issue album in 2002. So, I advice you to buy it again in some online shops :D

Posted Image

488153[/snapback]

check ebay... they sell it quite often (NEW copies) for about 5€

got mine from there

• 3 weeks later...

There were already some rumours about Ra (ex member of Dimension 5, and highly appreciated goa act because of his "to sirius" album) making music again!

486289[/snapback]

I wouldn't call Ra / Christer Borge-Lunde an ex member of Dimension 5, he collaborated on two tracks on the last Dimension 5 album, that's it, afaik.

Any way, looking forward to this album.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I wouldn't call Ra / Christer Borge-Lunde an ex member of Dimension 5, he collaborated on two tracks on the last Dimension 5 album, that's it, afaik.

Any way, looking forward to this album.

501720[/snapback]

Hum... I have the "Second Phaze" album and on the back cover, I can read: "All tracks By Borge-Lunde/Palmer! ;) Notice that Borge-Lunde is mentionned first! And if you compare the Ra album "To Sirius" with Dimension 5 "Second Phaze", you will find the Christer touch on every track. ;)

Hum... I have the "Second Phaze" album and on the back cover, I can read: "All tracks By Borge-Lunde/Palmer!  ;)  Notice that Borge-Lunde is mentionned first! And if you compare the Ra album "To Sirius" with Dimension 5 "Second Phaze", you will find the Christer touch on every track.  ;)

501723[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct, I misread the info at Discogs, never bothered to check my own copy of the album, it was too far away, 2 meters or so and discogs was infront of me. :)