About sharing mp3s

cangrejo

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree.. most people I know download and so do I! I use them for checking if a cd's worth buying.. if it sounds boring to me I delete it and it won't bother my ears again.. If its good! I check out psyshop.com ;)

plus: If it weren't for the mp3's.. I wouldn't find such a broad spectrum of music! It helped me getting stuff legally :D

Agreed, I downloaded much in the past and still do a little. But meanwhile I somewhat chose to support the artists a bit. At least a little bit so that I don't just leech EVERYTHING, after all they work quite hard sometimes too to release quality stuff :)

Besides the hunt and the final getting of rare releases for not much money are a cool thing and when you then finally got it it for cheap you are the happiest man :)

Agreed, I downloaded much in the past and still do a little. But meanwhile I somewhat chose to support the artists a bit. At least a little bit so that I don't just leech EVERYTHING, after all they work quite hard sometimes too to release quality stuff :)

Besides the hunt and the final getting of rare releases for not much money are a cool thing and when you then finally got it it for cheap you are the happiest man :)

485420[/snapback]

Sounds like a healthy attitude.

personally i never buy before dlding and listening and comparing.

i can't buy much music, so i gotta make sure that the one i buy is "the best choice".

i also used to give CDs to a couple of dj friends of mine, to make sure new good music gets heard by people. now these friends got internet connections at home, so they have a choice now.

Guest Cosmogenesis

I know most of you are against this kind of thing, I just wanted to let you know it isn't all bad. Sure, it's better to support the good artists, but if there is a record you really can't get your hands on, mp3 is a good solution.

485395[/snapback]

I agree with this argument. If you can't find rare tracks of very old compilations, (especially from deceased labels which don't exist any more), on the shops near your home or on the online website shops, where can you find them? Does it exist an other solution? I think that mp3 is maybe the unique solution in this case.

I agree with this argument. If you can't find rare tracks of very old compilations, (especially from deceased labels which don't exist any more), on the shops near your home or on the online website shops, where can you find them? Does it exist an other solution? I think that mp3 is maybe the unique solution in this case.

485620[/snapback]

it's also sometimes the only way to listen to some highly limited releases ... for example when there are only 500 existing copies of something epic dark medieval ambient on the market, all going for astronomic prices because there are several frantic collectors of the stuff out there that would give away their left kidney for it you sometimes simply have no choice!

With the money i've spent in parties the last 10 years,i could buy a whole record shop....

Now i buy cds once a while....but only of smaller artists...I give no shit of the big names, they made their money anyways...! example...if Posford makes a new album, i'll be the first to d/l it...i'm not giving any money to him, since i don't have lots of money to spend on cds...!

Guest The Journey Man Project

oh and there is noexcuse, but it is always a good laugh to hear them... "can't afford much muisc so must download"... samples are availabel from saikosounds to psyshop to lablesites to amazon.com

No damn Excuse!

Now i will see a person coming at Journey Man saying to him 'Come on man 4 minutes demo from saikosounds is not enough to judge a track'.

LOL

People will always download simply because they are able to do it and noone out there cant prevent them from that.

As simple as that,its in the human nature to get something for free instead of buying it when we can do it,and please how many people download older releases?Most of them they are not interested even on the newly released ones,they want more and more of those unreleased killer tunes...

ture but there are a decent few...I really don't car eif you do it, but I think it is hypocritical to say you are a supporter of a scene if you download illegal mp3's, it's a crokc o shite!

Every two weeks we have the same thing again and again :) I download much but alzo buy much stuff, the problem is taht the stuff i want can´t be found in the cd shops like saikosounds etc, it is always out of stock and i listen much to sets that are impossible to find in the shops at all. I knwo that the rare things are on Discogs but i don´t know if i support the artist if i buy the cd´s from discogs, if not why i shouldn´t download?

Every two weeks we have the same thing again and again  :)  I download much but alzo buy much stuff, the problem is taht the stuff i want can´t be found in the cd shops like saikosounds etc, it is always out of stock and i listen much to sets that are impossible to find in the shops at all. I knwo that the rare things are on Discogs but i don´t know if i support the artist if i buy the cd´s from discogs, if not why i shouldn´t download?

485758[/snapback]

well I think there is some support via discogs as someone did pay for the cd originally... whereas no money is given whatsoever for mp3 except sometimes to the makers of P2P networkd... wow! congrats on buying much, it makes it ok to illegally download ;)

so buy the audi and don't download... it's no excuse.., all up I have spent $8,000 US on my cd collection... not just psy but many styles... and I don't regret a cent!

Yell the thing is that you cant download an Audi can you?

Thats why i am saying that people download just because they can do it and i even claim sometimes that even if cds costed something like 5 euros each people again would download and would come and say 'Why should i spend 100 euros on music when i can buy a new T Shirt?'.

Bloody human nature and mind...

if u can afford spending 8000$ on cds im truely happy for u, however not everyone can.

I think the approach of buying the preferred music and d/ling the rest is a healthy one.

p.s detox u are partly wrong.

when cds will cost 5 euro decent ppl wont bother opening emule.

ofcourse pirate music will live forever, but the awareness of it will decrease rapidly

Euchkuh noone said that the guy spend 8000 dollars in one month or even a year for buying his music,i am preety sure that this is the result of someone collecting music for more than 6-7 years which is preety similar to my case also.

By the way Cinos you said you got 1250 albums more or less in your Hard Disk,how many originals do you have mate?

so buy the audi and don't download... it's no excuse.., all up I have spent $8,000 US on my cd collection... not just psy but many styles... and I don't regret a cent!

485772[/snapback]

not evry1 is as lucky as u man... 8000$ is no joke...

im a student and cant afford tht much... does tht mean i shudnt listen to music.. ??

i do buy some cds but only after listenin to their mp3s properly...

Euchkuh noone said that the guy spend 8000 dollars in one month or even a year for buying his music,i am preety sure that this is the result of someone collecting music for more than 6-7 years which is preety similar to my case also.

485801[/snapback]

I know, but 8000$ are 8000$.

not evry1 is as lucky as u man... 8000$ is no joke...

im a student and cant afford tht much... does tht mean i shudnt listen to music.. ??

i do buy some cds but only after listenin to their mp3s properly...

485803[/snapback]

exactly my point

With the money i've spent in parties the last 10 years,i could buy a whole record shop....

Now i buy cds once a while....but only of smaller artists...I give no shit of the big names, they made their money anyways...! example...if Posford makes a new album, i'll be the first to d/l it...i'm not giving any money to him, since i don't have lots of money to spend on cds...!

485730[/snapback]

But if you download/listen to much stuff from an established artist, isn't it then right that he gets most of your buying money?