New Androcell

abasio

As far as I have understood from your taste (not much that i know but)

I think you ll like it

this album does not stand out like a classic

But it is a rather nice add to your ambient collection

You d put it and listen to it, it sounds good and new

There is a nice variety of both sound and rhytm in the album

If you like androcell you ll like it

I listened to it through mp3 though

now waiting for it as I ve heard has a nice booklet too

takes a while to get here (now in turkey)

oh and very nice use of samples :)

enjoy the trip

now waiting for it as I ve heard has a nice booklet too

483969[/snapback]

I hope it's not like the one in his first album. It really sucked. The album was quite good though, especially the second part.

amazing piece of plastic and great artwork too

i will paste my stoned post on isratrance here:

OK,

If you were waiting for another Emotivion, you will not get it here.

It is inevitable to compare an artist's sophomore output to that debut, as much as one wants to be openminded.

Having said that, Quasga developped into a different area of dub-infused psychedelic chillout here. I would say it is more heady than the first try. I guess deeper territory needed to be explored. Well, mission accomplished, and the music serves as a very worthy guide to those deeper realms.

It took me several months to really be able to delve into Emotivision. I guess I was prepared well, because with Efflorescence, I feel well immersed into the music and we will see just how much further it will lead in a couple of months.

Efflorescence is not as in your face drenched with dubby sounds nor with pure world fusion. All those elements are still here but appear more subtly. I would say this has more of a tribal trance feel to it without it being "trance" music of course. But hearing this on a rig in some meadow on an afternoon would surely please feet as well heads. Very danceable stuff. Great.

As for qualms, while the spoken samples (RAW?) really work and are worked very well into the mix, they might get old after repeated listens. Or maybe they won't, we'll see. Also, didn't feel that the remix of Natti Natti stood up to the rest of the album. The vocals are amazing, but it just didn't reach the same standard as the rest for me. Granted, I am not the biggest fan of Ultimae-sound out there; but I don't think that is it, I just think that our mr. Quasga is better at creating from scratch than remixing.

Also, remember how we used to always get those last downbeat numbers on dancefloor albums. Well, we even get an equivalent here. A chillout album that needs something at the end to calm you down. I hope it calmed me down enough to show up at work tomorrow.

Choosing favourites is always hard on something of this caliber, especially since sometimes it is really hard to tell when one song ends and another begins (well the first half of the album is that way, the rest is mixed but might have been written separately). But (shit, there's always a but), nomber seven takes the cake for me. Farking really classy. Nothing else to say.

Either way, I am getting ahead of myself (and leaving out a bunch because who could remember all those sound scapes that were crafted here).

Great album for home listening, for dancing, for tripping (umm, road trips that is).

thanks

Guest The Journey Man Project

exactly its plastic drums, plastic bass that doesnt tell you anything, plastic synths and so on :lol: .. the same tik tik tik tik pssh tik tik pssh plastic drums all the time

485187[/snapback]

Show us your release and we will listen to you, other wise STFU!

Show us your release and we will listen to you, other wise STFU!

485721[/snapback]

Write a better comment that Towelie and we'll listen to YOU.

exactly its plastic drums, plastic bass that doesnt tell you anything, plastic synths and so on :lol: .. the same tik tik tik tik pssh tik tik pssh plastic drums all the time

485187[/snapback]

was that meant as a joke or are you saying that the album sounds dead?

i thought it sounds extremely organic

Guest The Journey Man Project

Hey cut him some slack, he was sober for a whole minute :rolleyes:

486058[/snapback]

is this directed at me? :lol: geez yeah sober, dude at most I drink like 1 beer a week and I haven't taken any illicit substances for 4 years...

i find the album to sound empty and shallow, its not the ultimate thruth maybe theres something i cant hear, but its just my opinion.. plastic toy dub.. :lol:

486098[/snapback]

I agree. Whats up with the kicks?!

Well I got it in the post this morning and Im just giving it it's 2nd listen. Sounds good so far. Not amazing yet but it took months for me to truly appreciate the 1st album so hopefully this will get even better.

I don't understand what some of you were saying above about the plastic beats. I don't hear any of that.