Hallucinogen - Twisted

Children

give me a break...

I didnt like the album that much, it nice and classic

399500[/snapback]

It is, without doubt, my favourite psy trance album and quite possibly my favourite album of any genre.

It's responsible for wiping years of sleep from my eyes, for clearing my head of cobwebs and igniting my imagination. It's the album that got me taking acid on a regular basis and consequently responsible for many of the notions and philosophies I live by today. I really can't exagerate the immediate and sustained effect this album had on me. It planted seeds in the arid soil of my mind which, ten years later, continue to flower.

It is, without doubt, my favourite psy trance album and quite possibly my favourite album of any genre.

It's responsible for wiping years of sleep from my eyes, for clearing my head of cobwebs and igniting my imagination. It's the album that got me taking acid on a regular basis and consequently responsible for many of the notions and philosophies I live by today. I really can't exagerate the immediate and sustained effect this album had on me. It planted seeds in the arid soil of my mind which, ten years later, continue to flower.

399727[/snapback]

great it affected u, I cant describe how previous Prodigy albums effected me, but I dont dare comparing them to Mozart

u r exagerating, period.

great it affected u, I cant describe how previous Prodigy albums effected me, but I dont dare comparing them to Mozart

u r exagerating, period.

399757[/snapback]

Beethoven, not Mozart. I don't rate Mozart, too arty farty for my liking, too plinky plonky and pretentious.

399727[/snapback]

You took acid on regular basis because of this album!!!?? :blink:

:o

You took acid on regular basis because of this album!!!??  :blink:

:o

399821[/snapback]

Pretty much, yeah. You know when something clicks, when you get something completely, it connects fully on both a spiritual and intellectual level; that's how I felt when I first heard it. It was the catalyst that changed something fundamental within me. Many people have experienced something similar when they first read a particular book or saw a particular movie.

It's one of the better goa trance albums, but I wouldn't call the best ever made. In the top 20 for sure  :)

399927[/snapback]

I'm not really saying it's the greatest album ever made, I may feel it is but in reality there is no sole greatest album, it's all personal preference and opinion.

It's great, but I prefer The Lone Deranger.. It's technically superior and IMO also psychedelically superior. In fact for me TDL is the best trance album that is ever made (and probably - taking into notion todays scene - will remain the best trance album for me).

I don't bother to write anything of more depth at the moment, sorry =)

It's great, but I prefer The Lone Deranger.. It's technically superior and IMO also psychedelically superior. In fact for me TDL is the best trance album that is ever made (and probably - taking into notion todays scene - will remain the best trance album for me).

I don't bother to write anything of more depth at the moment, sorry =)

400051[/snapback]

For sure the Lone Deranger is a apsolute great album, too but it has more bad tracks than twisted, the Sharling black machel mix on twisted sound good but on the lone deranger it sucks in my opinion. Btw i´am faszinating about the production quality of the Lone Dreanger, comparing this to other stuff release there all other stuff sound like homemade. It has the same high production qualiy as astral projection - another world or amen.

Well, to be honest, when I first heard the tracks on TDL I didn't like them at all (with the exceptions of Horrorgram and Jiggle of the Sphinx). It took me a whiel to 'get' them, each track individually. Gamma Goblins was the track I 'got' last, I think it was this summer when I finally discovered its greatness.

To me there are no bad tracks in TDL, although Sharling Remix and Snakey Shaker are a bit lower class than the others. But they too have unique elements and are really good tracks.

btw at the moment I think the best track from the TDL is Trancepotter, an absolute masterpiece in trance music. When I first heard it, I thought it was annoying and empty :)

Well, to be honest, when I first heard the tracks on TDL I didn't like them at all (with the exceptions of Horrorgram and Jiggle of the Sphinx). It took me a whiel to 'get' them, each track individually. Gamma Goblins was the track I 'got' last, I think it was this summer when I finally discovered its greatness.

To me there are no bad tracks in TDL, although Sharling Remix and Snakey Shaker are a bit lower class than the others. But they too have unique elements and are really good tracks.

btw at the moment I think the best track from the TDL is Trancepotter, an absolute masterpiece in trance music. When I first heard it, I thought it was annoying and empty :)

400115[/snapback]

indeet with trancespotter, but the end of gama goblins is really awesome, too, at the end of the track it is the classical hallucinogen atmosphere that is so uniquie, on the Novatekk version of the lone deranger there is the track synthesizzler that i like, too.

simply one of the best in the history of trance.

this is goa+psychedelic trance.the producer surely has total control of his equipment and really does miracles with them.the sonic manipulation is excellent.

all tracks have those melodies full of the spirit this scene is all about.

EVERY track has something to offer to you:

psychedelic,emotional,atmospheric...it's all in there.

this is a true gem...this is psychedelic + goa trance that connects directly to your human element.(you will understand what i mean after many listens of this album) ;)

• 3 months later...

The Emperor's old clothes ...?

There seems to be general consensus throughout the psytrance community that this is THE quintessential psytrance album. Only briefly acquainted with psytrance in 1995, I didn't get onboard the Twisted waggon back then, however, and didn't like this album when introduced to me in 2000. So, scandalize and ridicule me if you must, I have only gotten to know this album now. But possibly ruining all review credibility what is Twisted doing to fresh ears 10 years after its release?

As with many "dated" releases one has to appreciate the time of making. Even if the style here still comes across as highly psychedelic, it doesn't catch me off guard. At least not at first hand. Time has had its effect. Besides, Posford is loaded with ideas and the tracks never sticks to one theme or mood for a longer time, making it challenging instantly to trip on.

But then when you give into it and convince yourself this is majestic, you start to fathom how breathtakingly impressive this may come across at its best. I heard someone refer to this as your brain on acid. That could be true. You certainly realise what an enormous impact this sound has had on psy music in general, and how Posford's influence is traceable to this day.

So is all the hype justified? Well, I've heard quite a few trance album since this was released, but seldom an album that turnes me on and off this much, or an album with this much to offer. In 1995 this must have been a bomb!

My personal verdict 6 years ago, however, still pretty much stands. This is psychedelic to the extent you have to go ALL in to get it, and mostly I like just a little part of brain to remain close to status quo. Those looking for psychedelic mayheem madness should still have a field day here though.

• 3 months later...

I got this around 1996 & I was very impressed. LSD & Shamanix blew my socks off. It's a good album the only gripe I have is that I find the second half of the album quite weak compared to the 1st half which is so good. I've listened to this many times & I feel the tracks should be in a different order so they just get better & better throughout the album & climax at the end with shamanix instead of cumming prematurely in the middle.

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Both albums bore the pants off me. There is far better music than this around.

Jiggle of the Sphinx actually makes me want to kill myself its such a cheesy, horrible tune.

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Jiggle of the Sphinx actually makes me want to kill myself its such a cheesy, horrible tune.

582188[/snapback]

...psy-pop :ph34r:

Hallucinogen - Twisted

582188[/snapback]

A few months ago you said you played Twisted for the first time in ages and it was brilliant. Don't try to deny it, I'll use the search function if I have to. Fickle-face.

...psy-pop :ph34r:

582285[/snapback]

As for you... when I am king you'll be first against the wall. I'll make you wear a jester hat too, and those silly shoes that curl up at the toes.

A few months ago you said you played Twisted for the first time in ages and it was brilliant. Don't try to deny it, I'll use the search function if I have to. Fickle-face.

As for you... when I am king you'll be first against the wall. I'll make you wear a jester hat too, and those silly shoes that curl up at the toes.

582600[/snapback]

Its "Good" at best, "Shit" at worst. Its ok. But there are some songs, I actually cannot listen to.

• 6 months later...

the tracks should be in a different order so they just get better & better throughout the album & climax at the end with shamanix instead of cumming prematurely in the middle.

I don't agree. I like to be multi-orgasmic, instead :lol: .

Whoa, goa guys, do you believe that I just listened to

it a week ago for the first time ?

And this is GOA. THIS IS THE GOA I WAS LOOKING FOR.

THIS IS GOA. GOA .GOA.

Not a f*** cd with 10 tracks that sound cloned ,

not 60 minutes of

music repeating exactly the same first minute.

Not the usual cd that at the first sample you think "hey, this

kicks hard" and at the second track you've already felt asleep.

Not psycothic mass of noises padded with one-note basslines.

I agree that this guy it's a genius and just for one thing :

this is a continuos blast, psychedelic, mind-opening ,acid,

warping BUT

the fact is that

THIS IS NOT BORING.

YOU ENJOY THIS FROM THE FIRST SECOND

UNTIL THE LAST .

sorry if I'm screaming but finally I've came home.

NO MORE SHIT.NO MORE SHIT.

THIS IS GOA

I've came home.

Twisted was the first psytrance I ever heard, and that is exactly what I felt when I heard it. I knew I had come home. It was this really crazy feeling of nostalgia/deja vu or something, as if I were already familar with it in some peculiar way. Same feeling the first time I walked into a trance party (with Solstice playing as I entered the club). I knew I had found home.