Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Children

• 4 years later...

Just hearing 'Transdimensional' for the first time, nice trip, lots of knobs turning, but it's nowhere near my favourites.

Too cheesy for me. Tho I think this must be a really good album for ppl that
love melodic stuff whatever...

Found this one, funny how future can surprise us, well respected melodic-stuff-revival-label-co-founder :).

Just hearing 'Transdimensional' for the first time, nice trip, lots of knobs turning, but it's nowhere near my favourites.

Found this one, funny how future can surprise us, well respected melodic-stuff-revival-label-co-founder :).

Yep it's funny

dig into old reviews and you'll laugh at some Anoebis reviews as well back in the day :P

• 1 year later...

Too cheesy for me. Tho I think this must be a really good album for ppl that

love melodic stuff whatever...

It's getting old, ok, but it's well done and there are interesting tracks on

this album: 4, 5, 6, 9. The album ends on a cool ambient track. 6/10 because

it's no longer in fashion.

I think it is a great album, and when I saw them live they were kicking. Why

should the quality of something become worse because it is not "in fashion" ?

fashion or not - great music is great music

this is better than 99% of todays so called new goa and it was made 18 years ago

magic album

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

of all the goa trance albums ever made, this is my favorite one of all time

almost 25 years ago i heard it for the first time...and it changed my life 

for me it's perfection: the melodies, the atmosphere, the story told through the album, i also like the kicks and percussion, the samples are perfect....and i can listen to the album every day and it always brings back memories and total happiness....every month i listen to it and it always does the trick

i also remember the first time they played in belgium with a reunion for the re-release of this album...it was at a party in antwerp in 2008, with kerry palmer, graham franklin and if i remember correct they even brought nick wenham who was sitting in a chair at the stage doing nothing...i remember talking with kerry palmer about this album and how i loved it and he was very friendly, and talking with graham franklin about bands from the 60's  and 70's and his radio show about that kind of music.........it was a night to remember forever

for me dimension  5 are the absolute gods of goa trance togheter with etnica/pleaidians

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the home made "decor" - reminds me of the diy parties we threw... 

I'm just wondering what track had guitar on it? Perhaps it was just played live? This is not an entirely arbitrary question - D5 had their roots in psychedelic space rock (think Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles etc that morphed into Planet Dog and the crusty festival tradition in the UK). This is perhaps especially apparent on the brilliant and highly desirable 12"s that came out on Intastella Records around the time of Transdimensional. If you listen to tracks like "Transfix" and "Trans Xpress" this space rock and prog rock influence is clear, though it is there in the epic aspect of all their tracks. ~*~

• Like 1

can't remember which songs, but it was more some psychedelic elements, not guitar power chord riffs, it didnt contribute a lot to the sound, but it was cool

i talked with  graham franklin after their live set and he couldn't stop talking about progressive rock and space rock and his radio show about that kind of music. so interessting that you make a link with dimension 5 and that kind of psychedelic old school music🙂

some more photo's

dimension 5 party 2.jpg

dimension 5 party 4.jpg

dimension party 5 party 3.jpg

• Like 1

If you listen to Hawkwind and Ozric Tentacles, then those vibes are clear in the intensity, the loong progressions, and spacey elements in Transdimensional. Goa didn't come from nowhere...

I also love Second Phaze by the way, not to mention RA, but these have less of those prog/space rock aspects.