but still melodic. I´ve listened to it several times tonight and it´s

not that bad, but It sounds very old even though it´s only 4-5 years

since the releasedate. I´m not one of those who automatically thinks old

= bad but this is NOT a classic! "Sleepless Nation" (5/10) is similar to

"The Gurningpoint" and just about as interesting = NOT interesting! This

release can still be found in Sweden at www.backtoplastic.com for

instance, and that says it all, doesn´t it? When you find a new unplayed

ep several years after it´s been released you should prepare yourself to

be disappointed. Anti is a skilled dj but this ep isn´t too impressive.

If you´re a collector then buy it. If not? Well... there´s a lot of much

better releases from Antis labels Spiral Trax, Spiral Trax International

and Acid Casualties available.

• 5 years later...

Well, today I'm kind of free and feeling lazy so I've decided to go through some vinyls and all, and just take a look at what I found: Spiral Trax first release, a one time collaboration between her majesty Miranda and DJ Anti! So, just to put this one back on the top, I'll keep it short and simple!

While Sleepless Nation is a nice and pretty straight forward old school tune, with a hard drum kick, some nice background acidic melodies and a pretty catchy lead melody, it really does not come across as an indispensable old school tune. Definitely a strong number for your "trip down memory lane" afternoon, but I've heard stuff circa '97 much better than this. A fine tune though! B)

The Gurningpoint, contrary to the opinion of Stormbringer from way back then, is one hell of a wicked, dance floor devastating, acidic old school killer!!! Man, mea culpa, I totally forgot how this one sounds- it totally blew me away (along with my speakers)!!! The drum kick is an undeniable party killer, a groovy bass line, the acidic synths are amazing and really build into an incredibly catchy lead melody, after that break with the screechy sound! I cannot even begin to understand how I forgot about it... While not a classic, this is one damn fine track, which deserves some attention! It can also be found on the Destination Goa 4 compilation, together with some other gems :)

• 9 years later...

fucking hell gurning point is DA MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!! love it so much!

JESUS CHRIST Gurning Point is good! Miranda's pounding kick, modulated snares, and beautiful acid lines after beautiful acid line......... I'm in Goa Heaven

yea totally bro totally!!

Many of the vinyl/compilation only goa tracks are massively underrated. Encens also is the bomb https://www.discogs.com/%C3%86ternum-Ensanity/master/174741

oh aye mate we are in same ground! fucking ENCENS I LOVE THEM!

and look vinyls for fucking 2 pound ?? fucking BARGAIN!!! <3 <3 <3 super shit like!!

i love this shit

i know marciello is in soundcloud but i dont like soundcloud plus i dont wanna know how they did da shit it will spoil and i hate it lol

i dig encens big time ,spiritual transgression , venus zen txiiii great old stuff u know lol i tend to listen to them from time to time

didnt dig much of marciello solo project except his first ep aeteturnum or something then rest is mehhh and shapeshifter encens orgamastronik mehhhh

then u got ominus n shit.... not much my cup of tea just being honest

laters

I'm not 100% sure that I'm right about this, but I think that Marcello Bonifacii might be the most underrated goa artist ever. Even on these forums. The music is more mechanical than usual for goa, which appeals to techno fans but might put some people off. But his rhythm, oldschool sounds and acid lines are fucking perfection. Low frequency sounds that hit the spot, not like the shrill high frequency of some neogoa.

It has that kind of hypnotic flow where you're about 2/3 of the way through a track and you suddenly forget what you're listening to or that you're even listening to anything - you fully slip into the flow of the music. Almost Hallucinogen / Pleiadians tier level.

I'm surprised that you don't like Ominus. That album has some really great tracks IMO, especially Acid Tester.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sure that I'm right about this, but I think that Marcello Bonifacii might be the most underrated goa artist ever. Even on these forums. The music is more mechanical than usual for goa, which appeals to techno fans but might put some people off. But his rhythm, oldschool sounds and acid lines are fucking perfection. Low frequency sounds that hit the spot, not like the shrill high frequency of some neogoa.

It has that kind of hypnotic flow where you're about 2/3 of the way through a track and you suddenly forget what you're listening to or that you're even listening to anything - you fully slip into the flow of the music. Almost Hallucinogen / Pleiadians tier level.

I'm surprised that you don't like Ominus. That album has some really great tracks IMO, especially Acid Tester.

man u wanna talk to him? i find link to you

https://soundcloud.com/interplanetary_explorer

here mate

• Like 1

yea acid lines are brilliant , look dialogue ep n shit its brill , they done 2-3 good eps then it kinda flopped bleh... but they done few good things and its tracks they been always with me like spiritual transgression that whale kinda synth sound had that on tape back in 96-97 or so , i used to call it fuckin ramses trance cuz thought it was all egyptian till later in 2000 i found it was called goa trance you know whatever... its good shit

not to mention the vocal snippets they put its so fucking fantasy 70s or some shit reminds me of superman crystal shit , i like it plus he did with Dara Lee dunno who da guy was but i know they fuckin have had good shit in them so... man not much else i can say i used to love incense smell kinda new age shit , now not so much into it but sure Encens... good shit respect!

They also got miranda in da crew somehow and prana n shit so da fuck knows ... maybe thats how she learnt to write psykadelic shit .. but thats another story.. in this case

Psyclopedia she was in it , its fucking banging goa trance i love it

but not listening now , kinda depends what mood im in but sure , these are oldies but its memorable and i tend to check it from time to time kinda consultation in a way it helps inspiration n shit da fuck knows

also transwave first ep was ok some ok some not but who knows i had my good times with them tracks . but atm im in another planet... Good Dance n shit times have changed but i dont forget these old ones

well thats me for now , c u later good night :)

man u wanna talk to him? i find link to you

https://soundcloud.com/interplanetary_explorer

here mate

Cheers, although all I have to say to him right now is "Your music fucking rocks, and 20 years later, it still rocks!"

Yeah some of it really sounds like dancing with the Pharaohs under the fat Egyptian sun, trippy hieroglyphs dripping off the pyramid walls.

if only I could have been there at a 1996 party listening to Psychedelic Sun...

Good night!

• Like 1

Cheers, although all I have to say to him right now is "Your music fucking rocks, and 20 years later, it still rocks!"

Yeah some of it really sounds like dancing with the Pharaohs under the fat Egyptian sun, trippy hieroglyphs dripping off the pyramid walls.

if only I could have been there at a 1996 party listening to Psychedelic Sun

yea bro they were in psychadelic sun brilliant comp!!! seriously its brilliant mate... at the time i thought thats what it was ramses kinda trance , it was given by a school mate and he said his brother recorded that shit , balola was name of da guy lol anyways i was always into dance music mostly eurodance bullshit and when i heard it i was like HOLY FUCK!!! its all in one , all sounds you love just as you wanted . thats me from my experience . its nostalgic i love it , i try to keep that spirit and bring it back its who i am least in a goa way

think other maybe was zabra waterworld and maybe had transwave track in it too , probably his brother had lots of cds and compiled in tape because i never found compilation with all those traxx , but sure keep on rocking mate btw love your avatar im tb303 mad

• Like 1