i mean on sound like this one...Full of squeky sounds and acidish

atmosphere;))...Well this CD takes off with "Breathe"

which is very nice dreamy song...and one of my favourites here...Next is

"Pyramid"...well do I need to say anything

else about this one? I think not...;)) 3rd track here is "Kozmotron (1 And

2)"...it has litle more bass and it's kinda harder,

but it has melodies too...After that is "Synthetic Flesh" but let's go straight

to "Skinflint"...it's a song that could be released

even today...it sounds like it's relased nowdays from some isra-alien...;)))

GREAT track.........."VTOL." is a fast track with

nice melodies and it's pretty easy to listen...(it remainds me on some

Hallucinogen's work)...Next one, "Pleiadian Landing"

is pretty nice too...it sounds really oldschool (like whole album..;))) and has

some really (for me) atmospheric GOA samples.

And there are just two tracks left..."Elektron Blender" and "Chug"...while

"Chug" is litle slower tune..."Elektron Blender" is

great song...full of psychedelic melodies...and releaxed strings....with great

samples...complete full on track...

Conclusion, if you're sick of minimal sound of 2000nd then try to find this

CD...it's great psychedelic trance like we used to

like...and it's pretty refreshing to play it once in a while...Grade: 10/10...

I totally disagree. I bought this album in 97 and still think that it's one of

the *baddest* releases ever. Unoriginal/linear patterns, boring

evolution/construction... Yes it's old school, and who cares? In 97 I remember

so great releases but for this one, Flying Rhino did not apply his quality

control. R.I.P. the old Technossomy! 'Pyramid' is a classic track. 'VTOL.' and

'Elektron Bender' tracks are okay but you could find them (better/longer

versions) on the 'Make It Fit EP' which is excellent. If you want to discover

Technossomy, just get this 3-track EP CD available on Flying Rhino Records

(1996 AFR012)and you won't be disappointed. The CD cover is AWFUL, the design

really sucks. Don't pay more than 5 bucks for this crap. [ 5.0/10 ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest ASIDAMUS

The whole cd kicks ass , as in many other reviews if you were truly listening

to the sound of goa in the days of this albums release you would chherish this

album for its representation of that time plus the artwork is awesome u must

be blind or something

• 2 months later...
Guest Quetzalgoatl

I only heard VTOL and Synthetic Flesh...And they kick ass. Absolutely the true

sound of goa. Can't wait to hear the whole release.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A very inportant piece in my collection, anyone that were walking on the dance

back in 96-97 will remember Pyramid. In my opinion VTOL is one of the best

tracks ever made, its long but never boring, and takes some interresting

twists along the way. The cd [8/10], VTOL[10/10]..

Love and Light

• 5 months later...
Guest lunari-san

LOL .. i really adore VTOL .. but what the heck does it mean ?? .. V.T.O.L

????? anyone who knows that ?

the rest of the cd is ok .. Pyramid is very good too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the original of this & yes it is an amazing piece of work.

Gave it a spin this morning & had to change my pants 5 or 6 times!

;)

If you ever see this pick it up, if you see more than one get them all :lol: it's that good.

Stunning album, one of the best I own. Along with KoxBox and Psychopod, Technossomy has made the most psychedelic music in Goatrance IMO.

The favourites:

Synthetic Flesh is among the weirdest, trippiest tracks I know. I almost laugh out of joy every time I hear it. Kozomotron 1 & 2, mindbending full-on psychedelia, great track! Pyramid, beautiful, mystical Pyramid. VTOL, though it has lost on me over the years. It started out as unbelievable perfection, but has declined to sometimes feeling a bit too harsh and lacking in sound quality for true enjoyment.

V.T.O.L.- Vertical Take-Off and Landing? :lol: is one of the most deep goa i know of, brilliant track...pyramid and elektron bender are also very good tracks but the rest of it is average goa, taking this into consideration this was somewhat dissapointing for me, it could have been a classic.

I think the album is pretty average apart from VTOL which is, as said by many, a brilliant tune! :)

Don't underestimate the power of PYRAMID and ELEKTRON BENDER. ;):D

I really like Elektron Bender!

V.T.O.L. is amazing!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 14 years later...

This is an album that you either believe to be a classic foray into psychedelic goa trance or...

"Dudes made 3 or 4 great tracks and now they're pillars of the genre? WTAF?"

I'm in the latter category clearly an unpopular position. And that's ok.

I like uncomfortable positions.

First the classics...Pyramid is a darkly atmospheric track full of liquid toxicity. It bubbles and seethes like an alien parasite searching for its next unwitting host. As great as this track is, I think even it went on too long. V.T.O.L is another moody, alien masterpiece that contains zero dull moments and a kick a** climax. Elektron Bender has a shimmery quality to it and that fluttering arpeggio that has become instantly recognizable. You can actually feel the track inhaling and exhaling during the break. Delicious.

The rest are decent tracks, good even,  but hardly the stuff of legend. The psychedelic quality is appreciated, but it lacks any evolution and sounds a little dated. Now, if you replace tracks like Skinflint and Chug with say...The Joker from the Boyd in the Void comp and Tribal Sunrise mix from Rumour Records Goa Trance Volume 2 then perhaps this album would deserve a lot of the acclaim it seems to warrant.

Outside of that, I would say this album could do with some reworks or even remixes by today's artists, like Morphic Resonance, Trinodia, Celestial Intelligence, Cosmic Dimension, Katedra...Now that is something I would gladly pay for.

• 10 months later...
On 12/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, Trance2MoveU said:

This is an album that you either believe to be a classic foray into psychedelic goa trance or...

First the classics...Pyramid is a darkly atmospheric track full of liquid toxicity. It bubbles and seethes like an alien parasite searching for its next unwitting host. As great as this track is, I think even it went on too long. V.T.O.L is another moody, alien masterpiece that contains zero dull moments and a kick a** climax. Elektron Bender has a shimmery quality to it and that fluttering arpeggio that has become instantly recognizable. You can actually feel the track inhaling and exhaling during the break. Delicious.

The rest are decent tracks, good even,  but hardly the stuff of legend. The psychedelic quality is appreciated, but it lacks any evolution and sounds a little dated. Now, if you replace tracks like Skinflint and Chug with say...The Joker from the Boyd in the Void comp and Tribal Sunrise mix from Rumour Records Goa Trance Volume 2 then perhaps this album would deserve a lot of the acclaim it seems to warrant.

Outside of that, I would say this album could do with some reworks or even remixes by today's artists, like Morphic Resonance, Trinodia, Celestial Intelligence, Cosmic Dimension, Katedra...Now that is something I would gladly pay for.

Well said, I agree Trance2MoveU :)

image.jpeg.906b94871ba90fa3832067746c252a7f.jpeg

My FULLY Re-Written Review (2022)

Technossomy: Synthetic Flesh
FLYING RHINO RECORDS

Track list:

01.  Breathe
02.  Pyramid
03.  Kozmotron (1 And 2)
04.  Synthetic Flesh
05.  Skinflint
06.  VTOL
07.  Pleiadian Landing
08.  Elektron Bender
09.  Chug

Oh man, what a mixed bag this album is (at times) with some great and outstanding work!

01. Breath takes a minute to get going. The first minute sounds awkward to my ears and could have been shorter, or replaced with a more interesting, beat-free intro before the catchier sound/melody work that arrives at 1:04 and 1:16. Once there, we get some actual music, and although this song doesn't come close to the best tracks here, it's one of the more underrated ones IMO. I like the dreamy synths and feels, atmosphere, and emotive approach. Furthermore, the tempo change (to more urgent and energetic) in Act 3 coupled with sound modifications and Goa scapes is the best part IMO. The song feels homogeneously structured, and to be fair is more suited for home listening / exercising, etc., than dance floors.  B / B+

02. Pyramid is the harder, more aggressive, and psychedelic. The synths and trippy sound work blend well. This is more danceable than Breath which people are bound to like. That said, I don't find the song as stellar as some others, and not to take anything away from what works. My only real constructive criticism is that the song goes on for too long in the last 1-2 minutes and begins to sound like it's spinning its wheels when it should have ended more solidly.  B+

03. Kozmotron (1 And 2) -- The staccato melodies in Act 1 more or less work and grew repetitive-- It's as if Goa sounds are present without good arrangement or structure. Act 2 see's improvement. After a brief transition around 3:05, the music re-emerges more bouncy and psychedelic, although the arrangement could be better. Thankfully everything improves at 3:57 thanks to catchier mixing and the inclusion of an Eastern/oriental synth a minute later was pleasantly surprising. We reach an interlude. Slow. Intriguing. Here the tempo downshifts. The music grows darker, still psychedelic. It's refreshing from where the first act and quickly grows edgier, more tense with a rattling accent that's quite catchy! Act 3 further develops with a cool key change, fresh synths, and accents to boot. As with Breath, this song's grown on me and gets better as it progresses.  B

04. Synthetic Flesh ... Tribal drums.  Squeeky psy-sounds. Unique. Some of the PSY sounds I find a too jarring early on. Some will love this TRIPPY approach. I find the first act unenjoyable, but the song really improves around some less than satisfying elements. Act 2 is catchier, more focused and refined until the LOUD ALIEN SYNTH EFFECT takes me out of the music. But the darker, aggressive tone and development that follows along with the buildup and drum change up is very cool. But then that loud alien synth effect returns and ahhhh--- but the song is so psychedelic and kick ass wild and fuck yes in the last act if you can let loose to this sort of thing. I admire the artist and taking risks and it's weird, sometimes I really enjoy this song straight through while other times-- it's all about the energetic state you're in.  B

05. Skinflint starts promising, interesting early on. We're treated to various brief moments of synths that come and go, but little stays to actually engage and develop! I was starting to enjoy the synth work from 2:27 to 3:20, but then it exits without further growth and is REPLACED with an annoyingly loud sound-- WTF??? Then that hopeful synth from 2:27 returns only to quickly exit. Talk about tedious! A nice melody arrives via 6:48, but leaves us too soon in the dark again. Again, again, again. Why??? Why is this song produced the way it is?! At around 8:03 there is a pretty cool, somewhat promising in the 11th hour fusion of sounds.... that, oh wait, they're gone before I could finish writing this sentence! Talk about an exercise in frustration!  D

06.  V.T.O.L is comprised of four extremely well crafted parts as if each part is a marvelous tower connected to a cosmic castle (or something). Each with a different design with different leads, moments, mystery, etc. Any one of these parts could have been a complete albeit one-dimensional Goa track. The artists decided to go all out and the result is, consensus wise, their masterpiece! At the end of the forth tower or section, all appears to combine for a 5th (like a secret) part. It's like a final showdown bursting with energy! It's beautiful and so creative like the rest of the song that gets substantially catchier as it progresses. This is one of the most unique (in a good way), involving, thought out, ambitious, and well constructed Goa songs and my favourite song by Technossomy. I'm right up there with you guys! Sure a re-mastering could and likely would improve this further. It deserves it and is so close to perfect otherwise! What a beautiful, cool, kickass epic work of art!  A

07.  Pleiadian Landing is a nice return to melodic rhythms but after hearing V.T.O.L., how can I not feel let down? Hearing it separately-- NOT NEXT TO (RIGHT AFTER VTOL) , I'd say it's maybe one of the better songs via melody work. The music cuts out towards the end and the combination attractively returns with a rising melody. I think the previous song spoiled me so much that I don't even know (at times) how to rate this NOW SEEING what this artist is capable of!  C+B-

08.  Electron Bender is easily the best song since V.T.O.L. Man I love it! Excellent synths, structure, mixing, arrangement, direction throughout. The song's fun, danceable, psychedelic, interesting, CATCHY!!! I could go on and on. The main melody raises this up the bar at 3:08, but by then the artists have built a solid foundation and act with not a flaw in it. Moreover, they incorporate the kickass main theme (sound) at 1:30 which will define and redefine one of the best Goa songs as the artists' vision unfolds. I find this song so engaging, psychedelic, and unconventional while being user-friendly in all the right places. The voice samples and ambient notes compliment; the latter provides feels to the otherwise cosmic gem of an oddity approach. Songs like this and V.T.O.L. to me show a more advanced level of applications and musical theory from these artists. They're so talented, passionate, and creative! Additionally, the song gets catchier as it progresses as a classic Goa song often does, more refined, and addictive sounding.  A-

09.  Chug starts with interest and a catchy dark synth that works well. This cool moment is unfortunately soon RUINED BY SOUNDS THAT DO NOT COMPLIMENT AND THROWS OFF THE DARKER FEEL, PRODUCING A MISGUIDED SONG FROM WHERE THIS COULD HAVE GONE AND WHAT THE SONG COULD HAVE BEEN! Chug turns into a slugfest because of a LACK OF creative, catchy development and direction. If you cannot make a story interesting or engaging, how can you expect readers (listeners) to stick with your content, so to speak? As with Skinflint... Chug is such an oddity coming from the same artists who produced such badass work. Why not make them all killers or at least good?  DF

CONCLUSON

WTF are crappy songs like Skinflint and Chug doing on an album with old school classics like Elektron Bender and especially V.T.O.L. ??? This album is such a conundrum to me (at times) due to certain songs being so stellar while some others are so bland, boring, and dull. The result is an album more known for its classics than being a classic album in and of itself IMO. I don't recall a Goa album with such highs (so high) and such lows (so low) since maybe Universe 13 somehow made its way onto Pleiadian's Family of Light album, a disastrously boring slog some-freeking-how green lit between Head Spin and Modulation. It makes a world of difference and is so appreciated (just like when people behave and are genuinely wholesome to one another) when artists are consistent with high standards! The best songs remain (at least for most of us) just as wildly nostalgic and catchy, classics to this day whereas the few others make me what they were smoking/ingesting or thinking? Classic album? Well that's subjective. Certain tracks YES, others WTF. Classic album? Not to me but that's my opinion and I'm not getting into it. But a few of us can agree to disagree and some of the killer work here-- it's super, yes, classic for sure! 

V.T.O.L > Vertical Take-Off And Landing is freekin > I LOVE IT. ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GOA SONGS!!!!

Electron Bender > Not nearly as groundbreaking as VTOL but so different, catchy, groovy, and cool! And that's not all!

Favorite Songs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (!!!!!), 8 (!!!)

7.5 / 10 = B  (but again, IMO)

PS: For fans of their GOOD shit, I found more kickass work by them.. tracks like Rejuvenation!

• 4 months later...