The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing

Guest Deku81

Very nice CD which I still enjoy listening to 8 years on. The tracks are all good. Deep emotional and melodic but Spiritual Healing is one of the best tracks ever. A track that has true emotion in it. Fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

auuuughhhh!! my ears! this cd is BAD. it seems i am the only negative reviewer,

but for some reason i just don't "get it." it sounds like it was made on a

cheap synthesizer. when most people say that they are joking. i am not. and

the melodies, they aren't too special. this is not psychedelic at all, and it

is amazingly bad sounding. listen before you buy. 1/10 (for cool song titles)

480330[/snapback]

I'm with this guy. This CD was so damn awful. I tried it a couple of times then chucked it.

• 1 month later...

I never believed in Spiritual healing, but when we contacted and visited an alternative healing website http://www.healer-cz.com Spiritual & Natural Alternative Healing things really started to improve.

My mother saw the results of new CT Scan and blood work and informed us that it seems the Cancer has backed off and my mother's situation has stabled compare to November 2005.The doctor does not want to start the Chemotherapy and she is very happy with this first very significant positive results due to natural healing.

I really like it. I bought it when I was on holiday in the middle east and subsequently whenever I hear it it reminds me of those happy, hazy days. My only criticism would be it often has a cold, hard sound to it where as I prefer warmer, more organic sounding trance.

• 2 months later...

I really like this album

Very nice and melodius.

My favourite is the 1st track. I first heard it on the soundtrack to the warp experience & I had to get this album.

I can see how some people might find it cheesy but it's good cheesy not cheesy cheesy.

I never believed in Spiritual healing, but when we contacted and visited an alternative healing website http://www.healer-cz.com  Spiritual & Natural Alternative Healing things really started to improve.

My mother saw the results of new CT Scan and blood work and informed us that it seems the Cancer has backed off and my mother's situation has stabled compare to November 2005.The doctor does not want to start the Chemotherapy and she is very happy with this first very significant positive results due to natural healing.

534042[/snapback]

dude am happy that your mom is better but you do realize that Spiritual Healing is an album title. And you dont even mention if it helped your mom? I know it helped Juan though...

anw i hope you wont misunderstand me,i just got weirded out when i saw your post.

best of luck man ;)

• 1 year later...

This album is an ALL TIME CLASSIC!

It is a bible of goa soundscapes, and an emotionally charged experience throughout. It also helped juan heal from his sickness, and healed me in many ways, too.

I have to admit, the first time I heard it I was a bit let down. :blink: But after a few more thorough listenings, I was hooked! I still find myself listening to it in certain times. Like right now. I think it didn't appeal to me at first because it was so unlike anything I was familiar with (it was one of my first Dragonfly purchases after all :rolleyes:).

It just means so much to me, personally, and to so many others.

• 2 months later...

THE MUSES RAPT - SPIRITUAL HEALING

DRAGONFLY RECORDS

Posted Image

Track list:

01. 09'27" Spiritual Healing ... B+ / A-

02. 10'52" The Ancient Sounds Of The God ... C+ / B-

03. 10'30" The Angel And The Snake ... B

04. 07'57" Enchanted Forest ... B+

05. 06'59" The Return Of The Travellers ... B+

06. 06'24" ... And The Sensitives Will Be Kings ... B+

07. 08'54" The Warriors Of Temperance ... B+ / A-

08. 07'49" Corazon De Fuego ... B+

I cannot believe this came out in 1998. How time flies..

Spiritiual Healing is is a strong, unique, and musical album in its own style and way. Psychedelic is not the main goal here but I'd categorize it as Psy-related Trance. Various levels of experimentation take place throughout this album. The music has the potential to put the listener into euphoric states at times or throughout.

I have come to appreciate this it more over the years. It's as if the heart and soul of the artist can be felt at times through the music. Initially when I first heard this album I was disappointed. Looking back I don't know what I was thinking. I have become much more developed in what I believe and why I believe over the years (personal development) and so my life perspectives, overall ideology, and philosophy has become more developed. Initially I did not appreciate or understand the more philosophical and meditative aspects that this album has offers. Therefore I judged it upon what was most psychedelic and catchy to my ears. I was forming an analysis with a puzzle lacking pieces so to speak. My observation was not entirely accurate at the time and my perspective was based upon it.

In Conclusion, the tracks throughout this album are generally slower paced than most Psy and Trance on the market. This is not, for the most part intended to be a dancing, club album. It's for self-listening, at home or wherever one finds the time to relax and let go of life drama for a little bit. Sounds are carefully contructed and developed as if to tell a gradual, progressive story with a strong emotive heart in mind. I'd love for this artist, Juan Verdera to make a true follow-up to Spiritual Healing, but if he already healed through the creation of this album or its track-driven element(s), such a thing may not take place.

There was a time when I felt this artist could have been the next best thing in emotive Goa/Psy-influenced trance. But many years went by without a main album until the disappointingfollow-up called YOU released in 2005. Many online Psy stores didn't even carry the sequel if that is any indication how bad or not desirable it was. In short, when a label and/or artist tries to make mainstream a man's heart by increasing a kick to the point it heavily distracts and irritates from the uplifting sounds and melodies, the results often come across as conditioned, synthetic, and exploited. There is a consistent, albeit repetitive kickdrum present throughout almost all of YOU. This hard beat pushes through the melodies like a gas guzzler driving across and therefore damaging the otherwise healthy landscapes. 2005's YOU sequel tried converting this artist's sound into Club Trance. In doing so, it sends the heart and soul of Juan Verdera down a misguided path, regardless of his intentions, good melody work at times, or whatever. Fortunately Spiritual Healing came out before anyone could corrupt it into trying to be what it is not. Overall this is a beautiful, throughtful, and highly emotional album in Goa/Psy-influenced Trance.

Favorite Tracks: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

* The only track I do not like is the second one due to its over emphasis on high pitched synth melodies.

B+

Samples => http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ease.asp?id=439

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Spiritual Healing = best trance anthem ever ;):wub:

Really? Are you serious? Can we just take a step back from the hyperbolic cliff for a moment? Tastes differ and if you're one of the ones who thinks the sun rises and sets on this disc than that's great. I ain't that guy. "Spiritual Healing" sounds like a synth pop anthem, though I cannot deny the emotive aspect of it. But cheese.

Some other reviewer mentioned it sounds like the cheapest synths were used and I can see where he got that. This isn't a dance album, and it sure as hell isn't a goa trance album. I will say this: In every track there are parts that I liked. Unfortunately they are small parts that can't carry the album. "The Return of the Travellers" and "The Ancient Sounds of the God" stood out for me, very vivid.

I look at it like this. If you are looking for something different, then this might fit the bill. If you measure it against the heavyweights of goa, it will most definitely disappoint.

Mdk