Shulman - Soundscapes And Modern Tales

traveller

Guest Dr Earthy

NOT better than entheogenic ... close , but not better . There are some very

good tracks on this albumn but does not hold up as well as Entheogenic does as

a "complete" albumn

• 3 years later...

A fantastic album this one. I actually prefer it to his second album (which was the 1st one I heard). This one to me seems more wierd (in a good way).

My favourite Tracks are Small Grey Creatures :wub: First Came the Stars :wub: and Avante Garden :wub:

Everyone should own this.

I can not (I repeat NOT) get into Shulman. I just can't. I think I have a pretty good taste in chillout/ambient/whatever but Shulman is totally wasted on me. It sounds too artificial, prefigured, emotionless... It starts to irritate me too quick, which good music shouldn't.

[edit] this was meant to be posted in the thread about Random Thoughts. I havent listened to this one, since I bought his 2nd album first and hated it. [/edit]

• 2 weeks later...

I can not (I repeat NOT) get into Shulman. I just can't. I think I have a pretty good taste in chillout/ambient/whatever but Shulman is totally wasted on me. It sounds too artificial, prefigured, emotionless... It starts to irritate me too quick, which good music shouldn't.

[edit] this was meant to be posted in the thread about Random Thoughts. I havent listened to this one, since I bought his 2nd album first and hated it. [/edit]

551457[/snapback]

This one mate is much better than the second one and a hell of a lot better than the 3rd one. This one seems better organised and more conceptual. Shulman just seems to be getting more and more random with every release.

• 3 years later...

I gave this countless tries back in the day, never liked it. Gave it a one last spin today and nothing had changed. I just don't get it, what's so great in this album? There are some nice moments in some tracks but that's all :mellow:

2/5

I gave this countless tries back in the day, never liked it. Gave it a one last spin today and nothing had changed. I just don't get it, what's so great in this album? There are some nice moments in some tracks but that's all :mellow:

2/5

i guess you dont love shpongle either

and what, the song instability is not a masterpiece?

Are You Shpongled? is THE psychill album and Tales of the Inexpressable is an amazing album too and of course the magnificent Crystal Skulls tracks and naturally the Remixed album too.

But no, Shulman just doesn't do it for me :P

Are You Shpongled? is THE psychill album and Tales of the Inexpressable is an amazing album too and of course the magnificent Crystal Skulls tracks and naturally the Remixed album too.

But no, Shulman just doesn't do it for me :P

okay fiou! no cause for me, some song from shulman is not that far from shpongle, for me, shulman is the second best sound manipuler out here

other than few tracks Shulman sounds pretty average psychill to me :unsure: production wise it's great, but it doesn't age well if you know what i mean!

i agree with that, but other song for me are really masterpieces, like the invention songs from his last album, but i know, i love his masterpieces, but i dont want to listen to it agin :unsure: