The Delta - Scizoeffective

Guest Deku81

Guest dj_mind_blow[at]hotmail[dot]com

First time ever heard this album was at a friend and MAN i was stoned like mad.

Then he puts it on and i tell ya he got realy big speakers.

Whoa i dont think there is 1 track on this CD i dont like

Realy nice Stoner songs are POP , THING , Supercell

POP is realy Scary and fucking nice

THING i love the intro and then MINDBLOWING Bass

and Supercell a little to long but Fucking Trippy and very Dark

The Rest of the tracks Ufff are JUST WONDERFULL

The Day i stop playing that CD is the day i lose my hearing.

9/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a album packed with the latest of the most massive and progressive

sounds yet... travelling at the speed of thought being the best one, thing, as

a child. and pop coming up close by... 10/10, literally the best psychedelic

trance act of this century...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mr_shih[at]yahoo[dot]com

the first 6 tracks on this album are more immediately earcatching, but tracks

7-9 deserve at lesat as much attention, if not more. supercell, dr. rayman,

and quiet and still sound boring at first, but if you really pay attention to

the continuity and flow of the songs they're super-hypnotic, atmospheric as

hell and very calming and peaceful. they're like a dark nirvana - slow,

reflective and very helpful in going into trance or becoming more aware of

your surroundings. don't skip these tracks guys, they're soft-spoken and

underappreciated gems.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic ! Dark, thriller and chiller experience. Whole album sounds like the

big castle with different rooms visiting song after another....THE BEST TRACK

IS THING !!!!!!! 10/10

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Raweffect

The best album i"ve ever heard!! thé hole album, JUST NOT "DR RAYMAN" Its

kinda slow..NOT DANCING MUSIC!! We need more like this DARKMUSIC!! GOOOD

DELTA!!

Guest Judishtira604

Hi there all ya goa lovers around the globe!

I was just reading the reviews when I noticed that It's almost impossible to

find a negative review about this cd.

I think that alone says enough about this cd because on almost all the other

reviews there always some people who give negative reviews.

THE DELTA RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Plurz&Bomz

Judi

• 4 weeks later...
Guest phlegetonyarre[at]hotmail[dot]co

This is SOOOO DARK, EVIL & HYPNOTIC!!!! It sends shivers down my spine,

everytime I'm listening to Thing. Definitely 10/10

• 1 month later...
Guest PsiLoCyBe

F U C K I N G E V I L ! !

Wicked atmosphere it creates - like the 'castle' idea seraphim is talking about

- creates a freaky, dark, haunted vibe - feels like I'm in a scary dreamworld

... 9 outa 10 *thumbsUP*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dzsonee[at]goa[dot]hu

what a shame on me, 2 years after the release date I finally got to listen

to this LP. And I wasn't dissappointed at all! What a great composition! These

artists show how time standing an album can be! I mean I will surely listen to

this after years without the thought that it is an old sounding music.

Excellent! Thanx! :)

Guest Denschko

damned!!! these guys are fuckin insane!!! this is just a master piece!!!! so

fuckin dark, so fuckin hard, i dont know, but this is a brilliant piece of

"dark goa trance"

these fellas knows how to explode your head!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Defenetly not the best releases from them but is very good!Well the classic tracks "As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling" & "Travelling At The Speed Of Thought" doing this album wanted, the other is with big doses from experimental minimal techno touch!!!interesting...

my rating: 7,5/10

This sure is great, I remember at the time of its release I choose not buy it cus of the hard edge and the more "minimalistic" tracks, but now I'm very happy to have gotten it :) surely a power-full and solid release :D

• 1 year later...

THE DELTA - SCIZOEFFECTIVE

D-DRUM

Posted Image

Track listing:

01. 07'26" Pop

02. 07'27" Travelling At The Speed Of Thought

03. 00'49" Intro

04. 10'37" Thing

05. 07'52" Delta Skelter

06. 08'12" As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling

07. 09'52" Supercell

08. 06'43" Dr Rayman

09. 06'58" Quiet And Still

10. 05'18" As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling (Dub)

The Delta - Scizoeffective is X-Dream's best side project to date. Scizoeffective is also one of the strongest albums in Dark Psy Trance. Although I prefer X-Dream - Radio when it comes to dark albums by them due to Radio's virtual super songs back-to-back track list and approach, Scizoeffective is darker, meaner, more brooding, and downright powerful and heavy as Hell as times. The introduction are good, at times excellent. The songs are atmospheric too, like walking through an evil castle or driving through a dark and chaotic land. My general gripe with the album is that some tracks don't seem to reach their full potential. There are several great, excellent tracks here. Even the mid/down-tempo tracks towards the end are good. But only one song on this album blows me away: Thing. The other tracks such as POP blow my ear drums away due to their relentless, cranked up bass lines, but I can't seem to find a track nearly as infectious and well designed as THING, although several are up there. For this very reason, I haven't returned to this album that many times since I got it in 2001. I've been listening to it lately, hence the inspiration to finally write a review after reviewing previous X-Dream albums and side projects, with exception the the second Delta (never heard it to date, was turned off after reading so many mixed reviews).

01. Pop has some of the heaviest bass I have ever heard in a song, ever. It was clear these artists wanted to thud the floor and destroy people's ear drums in the process upon producing this heavy, booming opening. It's atmospheric and complimented by eerie children's voices, though a continuously repetitive and otherwise uneventful power house until around 5:40 after a cool, echoing sample. At this point some melodic elements arrive coupled by industrial rhythm. I prefer the second half of the song though I was never a big fan of the track. I can see why people would like it though. It's very dark and relentless throughout. It just doesn't do much for someone like myself who prefers hearing something a little less minimal, more developed, melodic, infectious, and juicy. I admire this one more than I enjoy it. B+

02. Travelling At The Speed Of Thought is instantly more enjoyable to my ears. Starting off with a strong and catchy echoing sonic/riffing melody. A second, less tearing across the atmosphere compliments it, amongst other sounds. I like this song because of the melody lead, the strong intermissions, one around 2:05, and its relentless and driving approach, development. The song really takes off around 2:30, and again in sound around 3:00. I like higher octane energy as their style relates to here, though I cannot help but feel their more minimal style compared to X-Dream's Radio for instance. What they've crafted with less here is effective. My only gripe is the track doesn't develop much past the 4:25 mark; it more or less recycles past sounds and ideas with little to no evolution, save for the alteration return of an eerie, nicely mixed in gothic choir. I like this song more than POP but find it a bit repetitive too the longer it progresses, past the five or so minute mark. B+

03. Intro is not much more than the sound of a band or orchestra holding the same sustained sound as if practicing before the live performance. It doesn't do much to compliment the album save for giving it an introduction. I suppose the idea of putting an intro as track 3 is original. But that's about it. I won't even bother rating this. N/A

04. Thing is a monster. It is THE monster I have been hoping for all album. Often when I think of X-Dream or one of their albums, several superb tracks come to mind. But The Delta hasn't really impressed me so far, until now. This is everything I wished POP was: the massive build up, energy, excellent melody/sound work, atmosphere, craziness, development, evolution, and more. Super in virtually every way, Thing is a catchy, albeit terrifying nightmare. It would be amazing if The Delta produced more tracks as imaginative and memorable as this and beyond. This is my favorite song on the album. It's superb. A

05. Delta Skelter is put in a tough spot after the previous monster. It's pretty good though, and appears to be a less high octane follow up to Travelling At The Speed Of Though due to it's few higher pitched and echoed melodies around an industrial wind/atmosphere effect and continuous beat. I actually enjoy this one as much, sometimes even more than the second track. The lower pitched melody mixed in with various other sounds gives it a nice variety, though in the end it does seem bit repetitive in retrospect. That's just The Delta's general style on this album. B+

06. As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling is the highest octane number since Travelling At The Speed Of Thought and the strongest since Thing. Returning is the eerie, emotive choir tune, an interesting zone or intermission of suspense in the middle, and a guitar that enhances the piece. I like how the guitar is kept few and far between on both the album and the song. Overall not as impressive as Thing but very well done nonetheless. The sample and melody around 4:40 to 4:55 is excellent! A-

07. Supercell is very bleak, dry, and heavy. It sounds like driving at nighttime during war. You can hear the bombs going off in the background. This mid-tempo number reflecting disaster and chaos I find very gripping, even in its own subtle, more minimal than previous numbers way. I couldn't imagine the track's story being anything else other than destruction, anarchy, war, chaos. Here we have loud bomb, almost mortar rounds coupled with huge, distant bursts as if multi-ton bombs are being dropped in the distance. Suddenly the beat begins like a tank rolling across the post apocalyptic or that which is being destroyed environment. Various war sounds are utilized as melodies in the beat. I think this is a very well done, psychologically disturbing or comfortably numb piece in its own way. It may come across as a lesser friendly song on the album due to its capitalizing on a listening/story concept that one that appears more dance friendly. It's a good track nonetheless, though I would have preferred some catchy melodies. I think the artists wanted to keep this dry and basically melody free to emphasize the story, the sound of terror, war. B+

08. Dr Rayman is second (?) mid-tempo number on the album after the previous, more introspective piece. It sounds more instrumental, orchestrated, and contemplative than some of the previous numbers. Who is Dr. Rayman? Oh, that's right, he's a doctor. :D No I mean what is the story here? The track's space takes us through varying emotions from contemplation to despair and back to contemplation, potentially hope. I like the song; it's interesting, creative, and different from previous tracks, though it doesn't make much of an impact on me for better or worse. It's also the least dark song on the album so far, but I'm not taking points for that. B

09. Quiet And Still is the third softer and mid-tempo (?) song on the album so far. I like it, and its melodies. I actually enjoy the album more because of these mid-tempo numbers than I think I would have had the entire thing been like the first half, with few exceptions. I like the calming in this number after recent chaos. It's as if the artists are creating some peace after all of the darkness they've created. Again however, the song isn't all that eventful or gripping. But it's pretty good. B

10. As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling (Dub) is a dub/downtempo version of the original. It's very well done. The slower speed compliments the faster version and ends the album strong for a slower number. B+

In conclusion, there isn't anything quite like The Delta - Scizoeffective out there, not even in the less psychedelic, more tech-trance sequels. The artists behind X-Dream gave birth to a very distinct and refreshing/unique style when producing this album. One of the things I like most about it, is it's ability to try new things while in some ways reinventing and/or seriously complimenting the sub-genre. For these reason and potentially others, Scizoeffective remains one of the most recommended side projects by X-Dream, and one of the most admired and enjoyed albums in dark Psy Trance throughout the world by general consensus.

Favorite tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10

B+

• 7 months later...

You know when you fall in a stone cold haze and you've just had a Red Bull re-fill?

If yes, then there's no need to dispense dope sentences, even though I do it without a prescription, as prefixes asphyxiate those who resent this wicked sonical syntax. I'll just quit revolving with written retalliation, and rate this repetitious review as a fail!

Fortunately, the music is better. On a scale from 1 to 10, "Scizoeffective" is approximately a 1000.

The Delta just flattens your frame and uses your body as a welcome mat. No hospitality, they just point you to a hospital.

They make beef jerky strips from the skin on your neck.

They'd probably chainsaw a dozen producers just to call it a productive studio day.

I love malignant metaphors that make the chandelier fall and crack the pavement. The earth is trembling and the chariots of hell are on to me while I'm stiff in utter amazement.

Luckily, I am a child of music, child of movement, and most importantly, I can still walk on the ceiling.

You know when you fall in a stone cold haze and you've just had a Red Bull re-fill?

If yes, then there's no need to dispense dope sentences, even though I do it without a prescription, as prefixes asphyxiate those who resent this wicked sonical syntax. I'll just quit revolving with written retalliation, and rate this repetitious review as a fail!

Fortunately, the music is better. On a scale from 1 to 10, "Scizoeffective" is approximately a 1000.

The Delta just flattens your frame and uses your body as a welcome mat. No hospitality, they just point you to a hospital.

They make beef jerky strips from the skin on your neck.

They'd probably chainsaw a dozen producers just to call it a productive studio day.

I love malignant metaphors that make the chandelier fall and crack the pavement. The earth is trembling and the chariots of hell are on to me while I'm stiff in utter amazement.

Luckily, I am a child of music, child of movement, and most importantly, I can still walk on the ceiling.

BEST REVIEW EVER MAN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...