Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tequila

MFG - The Prophecy

radi6404    29

This album is really of good quality, most tracks are great and sound similar to the master´s astral projection. This is really uplifting but very melodic psytrance with classic synthsounds. I don´t know which is the best MFG album because i like New Kind of World alzo very much.

Charlie    2

Yep, this is classic goa trance and probably MFG's finest album in my opinion.

Every good home deserves a copy.

seraph    13

El classico.

Best review by now... :P

Jon Cocco    77

MFG - The PROPHECY

PHONOKOL RECORDS

Posted Image

Track list:

01. 07'28" The Prophecy - A-

02. 07'31" Magnetic Activity - A- / A

03. 07'21" Alternate Dimension - B+ / A-

04. 09'17" Overload - B+

05. 09'25" Illumination - A- / A

06. 07'32" New Horizon - B+

07. 09'11" Hypnotised - B

08. 10'48" Shape The Future (Future Rmx) - B-

09. 07'39" Mystic Dawn - A- / A

A lot of us made MFG comparisons to Astral Projection back in the late 90's. The general consensus was that AP was more talented, and that MFG was like a sibling to AP.

Now days MFG sounds more classic (at times) and nostalgic than ever. Their sound may have been inspired by AP, but they have enough vision, imagination, and ingenuity to place them apart. They are one of the greats and The Prophecy-- despite it being the least strong of MFG's first three albums IMO, is one of the best debut albums, just after Pleiadian's I.F.O., Hallucinogen's Twisted, Miranda's Phenomena, AP's Trust in Trance, Cosmosis's Cosmology, among some others. You get the point.

The Prophecy may not make everyone's top 10 debut lists in Goa music, but it's a great debut that more than holds its own considering the year 1996. WHAT AN AMAZING YEAR FOR GOA TRANCE!!! (it must have been, I didn't discover Goa until 1998 at the New York Film Academy!)

*roomates and their electronic collections* Anyway--

Weakest tracks IMO are Hypnotised (at least I feel so at times, earbuds help), and I find Shape The Future fairly boring and uneventful until a beautiful sunrise tune arrives in the third act and saves it. Barely and arguably so. I mean, if only the first two acts were more engaging. The song finds its identify and feels so alive in the end!

That last mid-tempo Goa song on the other hand is terrific from beginning to end.. fantastic stuff!!

I think we appreciate old-school Goa now more than ever because that time has past. So anything that's good we savor with every second of every bite. Not even MFG makes music this good anymore. This is a very nostalgic album. To me there are tracks substantially better than than others. None are bad but I'd say track 8 is pretty closer to average than virtually any song on the album. Enough songs are of greatness and others are good to say the least. The Prophecy is also impressive in that this was a beginning entry. This album may not make Goa-Trances Top 10 or 15 in my mind but it unquestionably tops a good amount of Goa-Trance debuts and sequels in comparison.

Favorites:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9

B+ / A-

Although I find AP's, Hallucinogen's, Pleiadians, Cosmosis's debut (and a small handful of others) better and deserving of higher scores, this debut is a gem in Goa/Psy-Trance.

tripper    0

Before comment this godsent cd...i have to tell you that i have it with another tracklist...!!!and 3 other tracks...

Anyway this cd has 2 Goa anthems inside...Overload and Magnetic Activity...!Space Travel is very good also!

10/10

Diaks    5

Before comment this godsent cd...i have to tell you that i have it with another tracklist...!!!and 3 other tracks...

Anyway this cd has 2 Goa anthems inside...Overload and Magnetic Activity...!Space Travel is very good also!

10/10

You have the symbiosis release :)

Damn 1996 was a smashing year full of top notch albums B) and this one is no exception! Incredible album, THE details and the inspiration it still emits of that energy today when i listen to it. MAGIC!

eudaimonia    0

overload :wacko:

mm I don't know what you exacly mean with :wacko: but I really like that overload lead melody :P

Penzoline    329

Magnetic Actvi-vi-ty-vi-ty-vi-ty ra-ta-ta-ta. So intense!

The whole album is full of flippin' rattlin' and trippin' awesome melodies.

One of the greats. MFG is love.

Jon Cocco    77

ILLUMINATION!!!!!!!