04. 09'47" Naxus

05. 07'11" Sweet Coming Home

06. 06'59" Sid

07. 08'28" The Key

08. 08'02" Camel

09. 09'55" Shiva

Review:

VERY GOOD !!! How could you think this album can be wrong ? Its authors are

Ofer Dikovsky, Marco Goren (aka Tandu team) and Avi Algranati (aka Space Cat) !

A Kind of "Dream Team" ;-) Track 9 is the best Track, and other tracks are "at

least" good ... no shit in this psychedelic album :-)

Rating : 8/10

Guest Stathis_gti

Progressive trance.Its title says the whole story of this album.Ofer Dikovsky

with Avi Algranati (Space Cat) and Marko Goren, all of them great producers

till now.Ideal album for home listening, great melodies.Tracks 1,2,5,6,7 are

the best.8/10

• 2 months later...
Guest Tequila

Probably one of the best album never made by Ofer Dikovsky, Indoor sounds rich,

and with clear melodies.Can't believe it has been made five years ago!!That's

probably why it also sounds a little "old" sometimes, but you're such flying

when you hear Progressive Trance that you think about it only weeks

later:)Nearly as good as Multimoods.Best track: Sweet Coming Home. 8/10

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chaffi[at]caramail[dot]com

Really Good album ! Sometimes it sounds pretty simple , i mean it's kindda old

, 1995...But it's still very good oldschool trance , and those who are

looking for that won't be dissapointed for sure , lots of melodies , sometimes

beautifull , sometimes wicked . The only thing i would criticize is that most

of the time intros are very primitive , compared to what you can hear these

days , but it's just about intros , the rest is good .

Take a listen to "the key" , great old israelian style! and the end is just

amazing .

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest [Anonymous]

I have one single thing to say , if you like morning style , GO GET IT RIGHT

NOW , cause i think these guys invented the style so appreciated today!

• 1 year later...

This is a very good album! Highly mind-absorbing melodix, with a medium dose of

psy.Overall it sounds very familiar, no surprises, because of course this IS

an old release! Also cool is the way you can hear a door opening (at the

beginning of 'Vertigo')and closing (at the end of 'Shiva').

favorites: 4!,3,9,2

• 4 months later...
Guest Aqua Mental

This is recommended, beacause it's sooo wonderful old goa trance. Very

beautiful music that makes you fly to the dreamland with butterflies and dive

to the ocean of colors with playful dolphins. That's why it's recommended...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thyran[at]hotmail[dot]com

Indeed! Incredible melodies, who cares if it sounds perhaps like the "old" goa!

Its Fucking great! Yes another great album added to my (still small)

collection!!

• 1 month later...

GREAT album ! Classical old school Goa at it's best...This is Israel's first official Goa Trance album and it is filled with strong, euphorical melodies and amazing indian samples...All songs are good but the best are : VERTIGO, MAD HORIZON, AMORA, NAXUS, THE KEY, SHIVA...10/10

• 4 months later...
Guest Davidtolsn

don't dig this much. too old sounding, definitely not up there with cosmosis,

transwave, and hallucinogen. a disappointment. track 4 is awesome though, and

track 7 is ok, but just download them on mp3.. don't waste your time trying to

find this. 5/10

• 3 years later...

Posted Image

Label: NMC Music (Israel)

Catalog#: 20154-2

Released: 1995

Tracklisting:

1 Vertigo (7:14)

2 Mad Horizon (7:38)

3 Amora (6:39)

4 Naxus (9:49)

5 Sweet Coming Home (7:12)

6 Sid (7:02)

7 The Key (8:29)

8 Camel (8:03)

9 Shiva (9:56)

This is an interesting release. I have seen this labelled as an all time classic with the advise; if you find it, buy it! It's hard to come by, though. At least in the NMC version. With this in mind I was eager to find out what the album would do to me. Bought 10 years ago I remembered that there were at least one killer track on the album, but other than that I hadn't gotten too crazy about the rest of the album. Would it work now?

The boys from Indoor presents an early version of psychedelic trance. Compared to todays full-on craze this music is way more challenging! You totally have to sink into it to get it, but if you're able to pull it off a song like Mad Harizon at 3:55 should reward your patience :) I am still not too crazy about it though. I think there are a few too many breaks and some of the lead melodies are too cheesy for my taste. Like track 8 Camel at 2:08. Either this is so deep and dark I am not even worthy or a good bet for a techno antheme for the Olympias!

Anyway, this album all comes down to track 7 The Key. When this track kicks off at, oh well, 0:01 you know instantly that this is one of those rare tracks you spend your adulthood looking for. I played this track at a party where I dj'd, the crowd mostly being into R&B and mainstream, house when encouraged, I didn't know what to expect. It blew of the roof. Reluctant at first even with a couple of pointy fingers in my direction at 3:11 The Key won everyone over. When people say they don't like trance music I play this song for them. As hopeless as it is to pick, this could be my all time trance track. And certainly in top 10!

In conclusion, my verdict 10 years ago pretty much still stands. Early psychedelic style with good build ups, strong arrangements and nice sounds. My major objection is the happy leads. If you want milestone tracks this album is a must for The Key alone though.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Nice review, man!

Forget what "Progressive trance" means today, this stuff is a classic goa trance album, composed by a dream team of israeliens trance artists (Ofer Dikovski (Oforia), Marko Goren (Tandu) and Avi Algranati (Space Cat). The alchemy of the three composers has produced a brilliant piece : "Vertigo" is "deeply" emotional, as "Camel" and "Key". But what can I say about "Shiva", this hallucinogenic (maybe a little Simon Postford's influence included: but I can't say) and powerfull sound? A very very great track IMO.

Classic! One of the best goa albums ever! Deep, emotional, happy, melancholic, nostalgic, psychedelic! One of the albums that make you fly. All tracks are awesome but my fav are: Vertigo,Mad Horizon,The Key,Camel and Shiva. 10/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

hEwksWn.jpg

Artist: Indoor
Title: Progressive Trance
Label: NMC Music
Date: 1995

1 Vertigo (7:14)
2 Mad Horizon (7:38)
3 Amora (6:39)
4 Naxus (9:49)
5 Sweet Coming Home (7:12)
6 Sid (7:02)
7 The Key (8:29)
8 Camel (8:03)
9 Shiva (9:56)

After reviewing the latest release Versus from Neogoa, I got a hankerin' for some classic goa trance. The good old days or old school if you must. When there was no Cubase or Logic, just midi. The internet was just beginning and not every teenager with a copy of Pro Tools was mass producing the next killlargh track. When creativity ruled and some of the greatest music of the genre was produced. This project was comprised of three Israelis: Avi Algranati (Space Cat), Marko Goren (half of Tandu), and Ofer Dikovsky (Oforia, Pigs In Space, and half of Tandu).

Vertigo- Compared to today's goa it may sound a little sparse, but listen closer. The gurgling lead is snakelike in its movements and when the pads kick in another lead rises to the front with a shimmering quality. The break past 4 minutes isn't grandiose, but it just feels so feral with yet another lead popping across the track. Truly mystical.

Mad Horizon- Such a powerful lead at 1 and a half minutes, as if it was climbing out of the abyss. They switch lead sounds yet again and it just feels right. It doesn't bring the heavy handed power, but guides you on the journey. The main melody screams above its supporting cast and ends in the popping of bubbles without losing its momentum. The final third it is full of layers and manages to bring a happy vibe.

Amora- "Let's get to work."

This was one of the tracks I wasn't initially fond of but man has it grown on me since. The leads grind their way forward as lighter sounds weave around the hulking beast. Squelchy best describes the sound, and if it touches you it's gonna leave a mark. Coming in waves of ever increasing intensity they even throw some tribal sounding drums in there. The end is a shimmering entrancing twirl on the dance floor. Super!

Naxus- I always wondered if they misspelled this. Nexus, right? It's a bubbly tune that progressively gets more involved. But it has this mellow groove that I can't help dancing to. It floats into deep trance territory into cold space as it picks up layers. Near the end it picks up a more ominous tone and dives right into a massive outer space break with a wall of pads. Super smooth.

Sweet Coming Home- Now this is just a great sunshine track. Feel good melodies sparkle above a churning bass line. It's got layers that engage the ear and just put a smile on the face. Less goa and more trance. A Very happy song.

Sid- If I had to pick one track that was showing its age it would be this one. Right out of the gate it sounds very sparse and simple. The leads are indeed snarky and I think this one is low key. Groovy sure, but less detailed and intricate than others.

The Key- One of their most popular songs it undulates goa trance. Leaks in rivulets from every pore. The only way you're not twisting to this is if you're in a wheelchair.

QJNMbGt.gif

I, ahem...stand corrected.

The lead gets a little abrasive with a hard edge to it and continues spinning. Love the break as the sounds of aliens flit about. Awesome.

Camel- Ahhh....one of my favorites. Mysterious leads wrap around each other in a spiritual dance. Synths bubble and skitter in tandem carrying me higher into the clouds. It has a thick melodic arsenal to it that immerses the listener in a deep state of trance. Yummy.

Shiva- At almost 10 minutes this is the longest track on the album. Another track emblematic of the true goa sound. Whirling leads and layers of melody to twist the soul right into the break when it takes a sharp turn into the mystic with chopped up vocal samples. Heavenly indeed.

This was their only album but what an album it was! If you are going to speak of the titans of the genre I don't see how this cannot be in the conversation. Even the tracks that I wasn't so fond of when I first heard it, are now Goliath. I love the new goa trance with it's better production and technology, but this is raw and untamed. It's the difference in going to the prom with the hot chick at your high school or showing up with Salma Hayek. Yeah she's a little older, but experience goes a long way. And let's face it, when you age this well...

NCJCEnC.jpg

Good God I would breast feed until I finished my PHD.

Here's the Avatar Reissue that was remastered.

Mdk

• 10 months later...

I was listening to this album today, this album was made 17 years ago !!

I really like it ! Especially track 4 Naxus, a pure journey into emotional melodic goa trance, this track could be a collaboration with California Sunshine, definitely reminds me some of the old tracks from California Sunshine (Green sky for example).

Wait until the sunset comes and play this album loud :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UONjf3wAmGg