Date: 1999

Track listing:

01. Mind Altering Drugs

02. The Dominator

Review:

More excellent music from Etnica. No bullshit here, everyone knows this

one is good. Crystal clear production, wicked bassline, original

structure, and trippy samples. Full on Italian trance from Etnica. A

true bomb, devestating trancefloors each time its dropped.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kuldipsidhu

yes very good stuff the track mind altering drugs is wicked man etnica yummy

lick it the reall tune some thing very smooth but still going very deep track

love it .

• 4 months later...

This sounds different than most of the Etnica stuff I like. Not like Alien

protein and other old sound Etnica at all...infact, in my opinion this doesn't

sound like Etnica that much. Old Etnica stuff has lighter kick and bassline

than this one. These sound a bit more harder, and not that subtle and melodic

than old stuff. Anyway, worth 9/10. BTW, Mind altering drugs has the same

speech sample in the beginning as Dark soho - Suckobus.

• 4 months later...
Guest Isra-Alien

Yep, I agree. Different than Etnica?s earlier stuff. Mind Altering Drugs was

their first track I ever heard so I guess I?ve a sentimental feeling to him =)

great kick, wizzy fx... 8/10 for this one?... and than we have the b-side...

Admit it, it?s a pretty annoying track! Only after 5 minutes something moving

here. Deserve only 6.5/10 IMO. You can hear in both track the Spirit Zone?s

influence and touch. I think that the Plastic EP is much better.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ehsanur

"Mind Altering Drugs" is now joining "Vimana" and "Trip Tonight rmx" as the

best tracks by Etnica! Track2 is also good. 10/10

Drop acid-Not bombs!

Eshanti Brahman

• 6 years later...

Last night we had a little private party over @ my house. As y'all can imagine, if you are to be found in my living room on a saturday night, the italian magicians are going to crawl into the CD player. Sooner or later they will. It was around 03:15 when we were no longer in the mood for the emotional and melodic. And since I've been playing the Pleiadians for the whole afternoon, I wasn't in the mood for that either :ph34r: ! So, what were we left with?

Polar EP. I remember not liking it a lot in the past. So the reason why I (we) decided to give it a chance last night remains incognito. The needle dropped. Alter physical reality, the sample went... And we wrecked the living room. Side A, or if you prefer, Mind Altering Drugs, is a hypnotic, banging, bouncy, pounding tune, with truly sharp and wicked effects kicking the shit out of your brain cells!!! It's light years away from the melodic, the subtle, the layers of the past, but it manages to stay on the interesting and psychedelic note just enough to prove that Etnica could actually successfully flirt with the new minimal and techno-ish trend, and blend it all into a crazy party stomper! Think of the monster Resistance from "Equator"- and how banging, uptempo and furious it was- and this is somehow the same. Mind Altering Drugs still has the potential to turn a lazy party into a battlefield!!! This is so fucking intense, and I apologize for the superflous profanity, that my jaw cannot stay put while this is on... THIS is the post "Equator" sound I wanted to hear. Compare this one to Vicky's Dream, and you'll have a hard time guessing the same guys made those tracks, but the evolution is incontestable!!! Mind Altering Drugs is an immediate 9/10! And that is to begin with.

As for the side B, The Dominator, all I can say is that after one listen, we were back on Mind Altering Drugs, as unfortunately this flip side tends to follow the monotonous, minimal and uninspiring Etnica we know today... Nothing special, but for those who are into this type of music, I'd say this is indispensable. I give it a 5/10.

Do not get discouraged! This is well worth your money and time just for the Mind Altering Drugs track- just play it loud as f**k, and imagine yourself in any dark forest, your eyes closed, and your physical reality altered... It was made back when Andrea Rizzo was still part of the group (Carlo already left though) and it remains a great testament to the new Etnica sound.

not the same guys, cant compare.

but mind altering drugs is one of the best, if not the best track made by max&mauri after other guys left.

reger, it is more than obvious you are not informed at all about their production, as on the back of my original vinyl, it clearly says that these two tracks were produced and written by Andrea Rizzo, Max Lanfranconi and Maurizio Begotti. Also, inside the booklet of the 1999 V.A. Irresistible Meltdown, where Mind Altering Drugs can be found as well, and which I happen to own on original CD, it clearly says that the track was written and produced by the three guys whose names are clearly written above. Please inform yourself before going out in public with misinformations. It is an awesome track, with Andrea's full involvement. The track kicks ass, Etnica moving in a new and unexplored direction back then!!!

• 1 month later...

please go f*ck yerself up yer arse before nitpicking and going mental at me posh girl :D

*check his irresistible meltdown cd**

true, andrea seems to be involved, nevertheless, without carlo their tracks paled and some of them sound quite messy-noisy [mind altering drugs is bit noisy to my ears]

* omg, i have it too WOOT B)!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

edit: and dont tell me youve heard voices in your head telling you carlo was involved aswell? in that case i have an answer - everything released outside equator [well, some pale tracks in equator] and fol was quite a bad quality.

• 10 months later...

thanks

Don't sweat it.

But why are you thanking me and reger for having an "constructive" debate over who was involved in the production process of the evergreen Mind Altering Drugs? :lol: