Etnica - Plastic

Guest Ubik

• 3 years later...

Time to venture back through time and listen to this gem again. Floating Universe is still the crown jewel of this EP for me. And after all these years it gives me the same cosmic sensation. It’s the colors of the sounds and melodies in this track that captivates my imagination. Because to me this track just like the cover art, has a very purple tone it. So if you’ve ever wanted to know what Synesthesia is all about, try Floating Universe. And let your mind float out there, beyond the physical limitations of this reality.

Floating Universe has that same chilled dreamy quality to it as the intro in Trip Tonite does. A majestic unfolding story, which is entirely up to you as a listener to interpret its meaning. This EP is pure unadulterated Goa Trance. Which perfectly encapsulates what made their albums such timeless classics. The themes are coherent, and the execution is flawless. The raw edge of the old analog production gives it a further distinctive quality, which makes it all the more interesting to listen to in retrospect. As it adds an organic aspect which perfectly accentuates the heavily Sci-fi inspired alien concept of the music within this EP. Be prepared to explore a breathing, living universe. 

• Thanks 1