Pigs In Space - Pigs In Space

Guest Infected Max

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Sabbe

Very nice album. No bad songs, only great psychedelic trance. I think all the

songs are atleast 8,5/10, Now And Beyond is best with 9,5/10, and all the

songs are from 8,5-9,5/10, just GREAT album.

Starts with excellent Invisible Contact, continues with nice Visitors (part 1).

And then there is Who is Feeling Normal which has some nice sounds, very good

too. Solar is 100% "kickass-song", very nice. Some Mental Symptoms is very

psychedelic as well, rocks. Visitors (part2) is deeper, needs listening to

open, but very good too. Big Troubles in outer space is nice, not so deep but

sounds nice.

Now And Beyond is probably the best, very groovy beat and sounds. And the set

at the end is just beautiful. Album ends with very nice song Heliolatry, it

has some unique sounds and beautiful melodies. I give this 9/10, great stuff.

• 4 years later...

I revisited this old favorite today, and though parts of it seems dated, the awesome serrated edge more than makes up for it... Very powerful stuff from back when Israeli full-on clashed with deeper, more techy stuff...

Still brings a big old smile to my face.

/DP

Guest antic

I revisited this old favorite today, and though parts of it seems dated, the awesome serrated edge more than makes up for it... Very powerful stuff from back when Israeli full-on clashed with deeper, more techy stuff...

Still brings a big old smile to my face.

/DP

Yeah, and IMO it aged much, much better that Offer's Tandu album from the same era.

I love this one - it's not melodic, but rather groovy and pumping, with lots of sound patterns & clever sounds instead of big in-yer-face leads... Pigs In Space is IMO best Offer's creation ever :)

• 3 weeks later...

This one arrived yesterday, i was not expecting nothing astonishing since his other project tandu is so much praised compared to this that i thought this one was just average goa but i was completely wrong...this is absolutely unique, no great melodies here but thats not really important when the purpose is to create madness on a dancefloor.The sense of rhythm is just perfect, every sound is arranged in detail...just listen to visitors part 1 or who is feeling normal there is no way u can stand still :D , and what makes it really unique is the type of synth he use, brilliant...creates the perfect atmosphere, frenetic spacey trance...Ofer dikovsky is a genious.

This is without a doubt the most underrated album i know of.10/10

Highlights:

Visitors part 1

Who is Feeling Normal

Big Troubles in Outerspace

• 2 years later...

Surprised to find no review by Jon Coco of this one. Anyway, I found it excellent and overall definitely matching Tandu. Although no track here is as great as Naughty Moves/Visually Distorted, all the tracks are stronger than the weaker of Multimoods. The best of marks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy phuck. The comment about this being the first full-on release on discogs flipped a switch in my head that put this album into a heavy ignore mode. Why would anyone make such a devastating comment on their review? This isn't crappy full-on, this is powerful yummy groovy goatrance filled with those signature sounds by Ofer. Fat basslines, interesting powerful effects and strong groove. I've only heard a part of this but seems like I'm going to want this to fill the ofer dikovsky trilogy. (Oforia - Delirious, Tandu - Multimoods) Very good stuff.

• 2 years later...

My son hates pigs.

Hates.

When reading one of his books if there is a pig on the page he will demand that I skip that page. When I ask my younger daughter what sounds animals make he tells me not to say pig.

How can you not like pigs? It's where bacon comes from. And sausage. And ham. That's a tri-fecta of deliciousness. I hear what you're saying...maybe he's a vegetarian. You have to eat vegetables for that don't you?

Pigs in Space is another project from Ofer Dikovsky that has a bit of a harder edge than his Delirious album or the Tandu project. After years of listening to it maybe I don't like pigs either. That's not fair...that's blasphemy. I f*cking love pigs.

But the Pigs in Space album like a lot of others doesn't hit me immediately like his other work. It's good in spots, but not one that I would reach for on a regular basis. Because it takes some time to appreciate this. But once you do...

Who is Feeling Normal is a good pumping track with swirling effects, but Solar is the one for me. Maybe because it's the most goa sounding of all the tracks. Some Mental Symptoms is right on its heels with some aggressive synth work and an industrial flair. It's cold and metallic, but somehow alive. Love that break. Evil, b*tches!

Big Troubles sounds so sinister and was one of the first goa tracks I had ever heard. The rest I could take or leave.

Mdk

• 3 years later...

I'm much to young to know how genres were perceived back then, all I know is, this release sounds unique and predated some of the more recent trends in the techno sound.

Just listen to something like this, released within the last 2 years, it sounds almost like old-school Oforia gone into industrial techno:

• 4 years later...