Etnica - Nitrox

Guest Smg

I love the last third of this album. I never fully understood why the rest of the album wasn't so beautiful. It's like two short albums in one. They had something so wonderful going post Vega; it's unfortunate these guys never released a downtempo/Chill album in this awesome style.

+100

The downtempo/ambient tracks are so beautiful!

The dance ones are horrible!

01. 07'39" I Am The Shadow Of Myself - B-

02. 06'17" Technoshit - B-

03. 07'06" Robot Rebellion (Live Mix) - C

04. 07'40" Nitrox - B-

05. 08'37" Small Doses - B

06. 06'39" Sambadrome - C+

07. 05'27" Vega - B

08. 08'31" The Beast Man - A-

09. 06'42" Ritual Plants - A-

10. 07'46" Triptonite (Playa Rmx) - A-

I agree 100% with your ratings.

• 7 years later...

aBV71qd.gif

What the f*ck kind of threesome is this?

Total kick in the nuts. After Alien Protein and then the epic DAT Records Live In Athens, how could this be anything else? Obviously they made music for the time (2001), but it's not even good tech-trance. If you didn't look at the cover you wouldn't even know it was the same guys. Throw me in the camp that would've loved these guys to do a Psychill album. Ah well...

I think it's best if we just imagine this album never existed. Or better yet, blame it on Alien Jesus.

Throw me in the camp that would've loved these guys to do a Psychill album. Ah well...

Have you tried the Macao Café series? 4 CDs of chillout from 2001-2004 with practically a full Etnica downtempo album hidden in there. I found a lot of it really enjoyable.

• Like 1

I actually really enjoyed Nitrox. It was the album that persuaded me to move to Progressive Psychedelic trance (as called back then) instead of desperately trying to find some proper Goa sounds.

And Triptonite (Playa mix), what you say? Magic

And Triptonite (Playa mix), what you say? Magic

You're not wrong, mate. People can say what they like about etnica and their later output, but those musicians were true masters. The ability to create something like that is just unbelievable