Dub Trees - Nature Never Did Betray The Heart That Loved Her

bomble

Guest [Anonymous]

Hi to everybody :P

Well, this album is just superb, fantastik. No as good as "Are u Shpongled",

but another masterpiece.

Really a piece that shouldn't missing in any collection.

I give 9'5/10

• 2 months later...
Guest [Anonymous]

I love this, so smooth and beautiful. Favourite track is Orpheus it really

takes you away. It's very psychedelic by the way.

• 4 years later...

Posted Image

1 Buffalo (Utterly Incredible Too Long Ago Sometimes Mix) (10:37)

2 Cobalt Waterfall (Opalescent Dawn Mix) (2:29)

3 A Way Of Being Free (Are You Sitting Comfortably Very Smooth, Very Peaceful Mix) (5:33)

4 Butterfly Trilogy I (Technicolour Sun)

Butterfly Trilogy II (Starship Wadada)

Butterfly Trilogy III (Sine Wave) (13:27)

5 La Rosa (Live While You Live) (Messianic Dub Mix) (2:35)

6 Orpheus (Urban Primitive Dub Mix) (7:11)

7 Magnetica (The Love That Moves The Sun And Stars Mix) (8:01)

8 Dreamlab (Telescopic Dub Mix) (7:13)

9 Concrete Tourist (Chalice Dub Mix) (5:14)

10 Freaks Of Nature (Natural Dub Mix) (4:02)

11 Return Of The Native (Duir The Oak Dub) (6:08)

Greg Hunter, Simon Posford & Youth ay? Liquid Sound Design? I can't be bad can it. Well it can but only to an aurally challenged Skazi fan. This album needs to be really listened to, to fully enjoy it. A mistake I made for may years was not doing just that. But when I did I was totally blown away by the complexity of it & how well all the sounds they used worked together. There are a lot of real sounds in this to. The drums & bass feel alive.

1 Buffalo (Utterly Incredible Too Long Ago Sometimes Mix)

What we're gonna do right here is take you back, way back, back into time...

A soft trippy intro is blown away by real big drums. These fade though into more managable & we're left with a very well layered track with nice flute & trippy sounds which isn't boring even though over 10 minutes.

2 Cobalt Waterfall (Opalescent Dawn Mix)

An intermission track. It seems to whine down like flowing acid.

3 A Way Of Being Free (Are You Sitting Comfortably Very Smooth, Very Peaceful Mix)

Follows well from the intermission there. It's simple but layered, no real melodies but a similar whine to the last track. Trippy Vocals

4 Butterfly Trilogy I (Technicolour Sun)

Butterfly Trilogy II (Starship Wadada)

Butterfly Trilogy III (Sine Wave)

What a journey of a track. It starts of with some trippy twilight angel vocal, very ethereal then this leads into a middle eastern vibe. Funky baseline & evolving beats. The whole track elvolves as the trilogy continues seemlessly into a more sci fi vibe, with spacey sounds & a spaceship sample. Then it turns more natural sounding with soft flute & bird song before finally finishing with and industrial atmosphere.

5 La Rosa (Live While You Live) (Messianic Dub Mix)

I don't regret a thing, a scouser (a beatle?) repeats over and over, nice transmission track

6 Orpheus (Urban Primitive Dub Mix)

A softly drifting track. The beat is so distant to start & it feels likeyou are hearing tribal drums of in the distance as you travel slowly down the river towards them & as you do so they become louder & louder until you reach the tribe.

7 Magnetica (The Love That Moves The Sun And Stars Mix)

A prominent beat & a strong baseline & melody that continually builds & evolves through the track while always staying recognisably the same. Towards the end they use a lot of backwards sounds & beats before bringing in (well done) electric guitar.

8 Dreamlab (Telescopic Dub Mix)

A nice floaty track with quite techy sounds. Has a nice nightime atmosphere. It changes direction about 5 minutes in when it suddenly feels like the same music is falling instead of floating horizontally.

9 Concrete Tourist (Chalice Dub Mix)

Do you have time for a plasma experience? Well yes, I do! This is a slow lethargic track that ambles it's way along through many layers & different sounds. Well produced to make all those sounds fit while still sounding quite minimal.

10 Freaks Of Nature (Natural Dub Mix)

A heavy but chilled industrial sounding track. It's nice but it's quite short & it doesn't really do much

11 Return Of The Native (Duir The Oak Dub)

A nice chilled end to a great ride. It has very real sounding beats, loads of different instruments & sounds as this track continues to change right up until the end. Quite like the whole album ;)

Definately one to buy if you are a fan of psy dub, liquid sound design or any of the guys involved. You might one to spend some time really getting to know this album though. You won't be disspointed!

Favourites # 4, 6, 7 & 9

• 2 months later...

Yes what a gem this is! For me anyway! It was the first real psy-dub I ever heard (not including Mad Professor - Psychedelic Dub) I think, and what a fine piece of music, very mellow, deep and dubby! And as abasio said it needs a close listen to get all the imputs here, one of my all time favorites on LSD :)

Very well done by Youth and Greg Hunter! and the track 7 Magnetica made in collab' with Simon is great too :) Ott is actually also collab'ing here on track 10 Freaks of Nature me likes :) oh yeah and Wadada from Suns of Arqa on track 4 Butterfly Trilogy :rolleyes:

Would be nice with a new dub trees album, I think its about time :P

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...