Tandu - Multimoods

Children

It's the synth work. Naturally they're quite imaginative and skilled on a technical level but what it comes down to is the synth work. For instance, the synth work from 7:08 to around 7:47 in Alien Pump. There's something about the synth work that is very interesting here. It's like, this sound suspends every other sound in the environment; I become completely submissive, unconscious of all other sounds when this synth work takes present. Same thing around 3:52 into Naughty Moves. The streaming, blazing, echoed Goa melody is awesome yes, but there's something arresting with the sound. It's like an addictive sound that takes over my brain. In life certain sounds, visuals, or feels affect each and everyone of us differently. But the work here, many people agree with me, there's something interesting about it, how it affects the senses.

Well put. Tandu have this amazing way of building up tension to the point where you don't maintain focus on anything else but the sounds of the music. At that point they let it rip. Literary, rip. I never really thought of it in that way until Jon Cocco jotted it down. Ofer and Marko don't overload or obsessively squeeze ideas into their tracks, but rather skillfully tease the listener with fantastic manipulation of various musical segments.

Best of all is that "Multimoods" is widely available, which is an odd thing when it comes down to old school goa trance classics of this caliber!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

07. Rodeo B+

08. Interstealer Dawn B

Funny. On the contrary, find these two outshining easily rest of the album. Both share epic, melancholic melodywork - giving a mental image of gods crying of the hopelessness of mankind... heart-ripping! Althou to be fair, do think both tracks are a tad too slow: usually pitch up Rodeo 7-9% and Interstealer Dawn 3-4% to make most ouf of them. Rating for both: A

• 3 years later...

Am i the only one thinking that the kickline used in "naughty moves" ruins the track ? a shame cause the rest of the track is great but what a bad choice of a kickline, you can hardly do worst, i don't get it...

otherwise, like most people here i really like, of course, "Alien pump", a track i first had on a Distance to goa compilation, that's why it's an absolute classic for me.

my other favourites :

- "orca" : nice dark and fast track, i like its atmosphere.

- "visually distorted" : but i see what the other guy means when he's saying "annoying melody", it's probably that loop that really sounds like a Pig in Space track, anyway this track is great goa.

- "rodeo" : might be my favourite of the album today because it's different, quite unique, and that melody at the end makes me smile!!

nice album on the whole : 7.5/10.

• 2 years later...