Pleiadians - IFO

Guest Mindbender

We actually didn't need this review, everyone should and probably already know about this album, so, there isn't so much to say, except GET IT RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT, AND SINCE IT'S NOT IN THE REGULAR SALE ANYMORE, DOWNLOAD IT, IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE ! :D:lol:

IT IS THAAAAAAT GOOD ! NO MATTER THE LITTLE CINOS DIRTY EARS !

TIMELESS CLASSIC !

UNFORGIVEN PSYCHEDELIA !

THE VERY ESSENCE OF COSMOLOGY !

20/10 AND EVEN THAT IS TOO SMALL GRADE FOR THIS...

YEAH, THAT GOOD...

Phew, that was nice, chilled talk about one of my favourite albums...:D

20/10 AND EVEN THAT IS TOO SMALL GRADE FOR THIS...

367354[/snapback]

lol... Yeah Seraph yeah! Can we get a 30/10 please? :D

You're so overrating it. Alcyone is OK. Maia is great. Asterope is OK. The rest is very mediocre. :/

And aliens would probably listen to something more intelligent, IDM or complex ambient perhaps. :D

Regardless, this album has at least 6 songs of such excellence that a final downtempo track that isn't stunning shouldn't effect this from being a 10/10 in retrospect.

367280[/snapback]

Yes, it should. 10/10 means perfection, ALL great tracks.

You're so overrating it. Alcyone is OK. Maia is great. Asterope is OK. The rest is very mediocre. :/

367958[/snapback]

Don't project your own mediocre brain on 4 brains that controlled the entranced mass back then.

You have very LAME ears, we already discovered that, you don't have to assure us non stop...;):P

Don't project your own mediocre brain on 4 brains that controlled the entranced mass back then.

You have very LAME ears, we already discovered that, you don't have to assure us non stop...;):P

367963[/snapback]

There's nothing special with this release.

If you want intelligent and complex music I can give suggestions. This isn't one of them.

There's nothing special with this release.

If you want intelligent and complex music I can give suggestions. This isn't one of them.

367968[/snapback]

:lol:

Yeah, YOU give ME some suggestions, please...little crazy...:P

You're so overrating it. Alcyone is OK. Maia is great. Asterope is OK. The rest is very mediocre. :

You know that scene in Austin Powers where Dr. Evil goes.. "Riiiiiiight." Yeah, that one.

And aliens would probably listen to something more intelligent, IDM or complex ambient perhaps.

How would you know what Aliens listen to? Are you an alien? Oh, please to meet you. *shaking hands* ... I didn't know you liked complex ambient music??!! Get out of here!

Yes, it should. 10/10 means perfection, ALL great tracks.

367960[/snapback]

I subjectively never was amazed or thought excellence of the final track, period, and many people consider it a great downtempo song. Just because I don't love something doesn't mean it isn't good or great. I can objectively see quality in something even if I don't subjectively love it or it isn't my taste. I'm sure you as well have admired something even if wasn't for you. As an album, the actual style of Pleiadians is groundbreaking; not done ever before, and brilliant for what it is. Most people agree. You don't have to. Who cares? We've decided what we think of it and so have you. Difference of feelings or opinions is not a bad thing. Things are how they are. Do you not agree with this?

Well Cinos, listen to ANY other goa release... Most melodies are pretty lame, most chord progressions are awkwardly predictable and a majority of the tracks have no emotions in them whatsoever.

Then listen to this...

Pleiadians' IFO was a very good album in it's day but nowhere near as good UX's Ultimate Experience which was also released on Drafonfly Records around the same time. Listen to both albums today and only two or three tracks on IFO stand the test.

this thread will be deleted (asked by me) and restarded again with a perfect translation... I found a good person on earth who wants to help translating my dutch reviews (which I don't have the time for)

a good soul took the time to translate my review in good english for those who are interested....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pleiadians : IFO

(Dragonfly)

Posted Image

11'18" Maia

08'42" Taygeta

09'20" Merope

08'26" Alcyone

09'14" Electra

11'39" Asterope

11'46" Celaeno

Release Date : 1997

this land-mark in historie of goatrance is respected by a lot of people.. despite the fact that this album is released in 1997 and on this moment still one of the most talked albums in the old skool scene… Up till now is there in my humble opinion still nobody passed to equallise this album… This is unique, one of a kind… No other artist can be quote as reference to be clear of ‘how good this album’ is…many people put a link to the new artist filteria who has released his début album sky input in 2004

Pleiadians is a pure definition of goatrance… All what goatrance must or should contain is present here… this is a pure trip, a journey through the eternal fields of goa and a consciousness of power and pureniss of goatrance… Every song describing individual, would be a misstep because Pleiadians IFO is one whole… one big number that continuous, surprised and humble your goamindes flatterd…

IFO is melodic from the beginning untill the end… Pleiadians use a lot of diferent ranks and keeps your train of thoughts busy from the first untill the last seconds… All numbers are strong, each has his own favorites but that is than the difference between fantastic and good… waithing up a climax is not present because IFO is one big climax… This is a continuous wave of psychedelic in and out or with an extra wave…there are not much real superclimaxes, with superclimaxes a mean waves that are really strong and in comparis with there predecessors… Maybe 4 or 5 over the whole cd… This can not be different because in my humble opinion the climaxes all begins from the first second…

Via IFO has Pleiadians clearly the capacity to achieve the concept of ‘goa with a story’ …

The sounds are talking and waves humbles up and down… The choice of the goasounds is pure there style and full… Not only they have atention for the waves but they also gives the finishing touch for the little psychedelics… This is not pure kicking but a subtle transfer… Typical are the little psychedelic birds that are flying from left to right in your speakes…

The sphere through the cd is pure morning tinting… this is goatrance when the sun is shining up your head and the sweat is driping of your body owing the dancing… despite the fact that this is melodic morning trance, you never have the feeling that IFO is going to far or going over it… Subtle is there big indentifying mark… Pleiadians is balances here just over the border of excess and so they keep the need to create more continuous… This is a never ending story…

In comparison with a lot of other goa artists in the year 1997 spends Pleiadians here also a lot of atention on the bassline… The bassline taps hard and is full located in the period of 1997…

This create together a whole of pure enjoyment…

Over this album i should be able to keep on writing but Pleiadians-IFO you just must have heard to understand what i’m writing…

An absolute must for goatrance lovers and even for people who listens to other styles i should say that you must listen once to this album…

Characteristic on a lot of goatrance en certain Pleiadians – IFO is that it must grow… The first time i’ve listen to this album i didn’t think it was so special, but after a few times you will discover the unique, the power and genius things of the album and you will never let it go…

PeaceJ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

review written by rain

translated by purple sun (thank you :) )

FEEDBACK IS WELCOME !

I have very little experience with trance in general and I listened to this album after reading your opinions and I must say I am very pleased. Need to listen to other stuff to have a better comparison base...

;) I rate IFO as excellent.

a good soul took the time to translate my review in good english for those who are interested....

370480[/snapback]

So just cut and paste this review over your first review, to update the old one.. that is, if you haven't already. ;)

So just cut and paste this review over your first review, to update the old one.. that is, if you haven't already. ;)

370615[/snapback]

good idea...

not perfect translation but nice review :)

370566[/snapback]

how the hell would you know you don't read dutch :rolleyes: