Psychopod - Headlines

Guest Stathis_gti

I ordered this EP last week and got it... For a long time I have wanted it, but ofcourse, the cd was damaged  :angry:  :angry:

need to send it back so I can get a new one...

449168[/snapback]

what you mean "ofcourse the CD was damaged"? did you bought it used? it's still available in saikosounds.com for 8.25$ and in psyshop.com for 13.75$ :)

Edited by antic

I ordered it from psyshop....

I meant it like "just my luck", u know?

449835[/snapback]

oh, sorry to hear that :(

I've never had any problems with Psyshop or their CDs though...

• 1 month later...

Those looking for psychedelic trance music packed with details, ideas, and highly intelligent need look no further. Psychopod's 55 mins long Headlines cd sounds close to Koxbox, but twisted a notch or three extra to make this some of the most wicked, obscene nineties psystrance, I know off.

The music here at times is infinitely far out, practically "full-on psychedelic" if there ever was such thing, but always carried out with so much intelligence you never need worry that the chain falls off. Psychopod knows exactly what parameters they're twitching. Actually, once you truly realise that, this cd will come back and haunt you even more vigirously.

When that happens I will need to regrade this to a 5/5 or possibly a 6/5 stars. For now, however, I need to grade this 4/5 simply because, whilst I love to trip on Headlines in small doses, I am still not fully able to enjoy dancing to it. Too much is going on for me to just enjoy the dancing codes. And at the same time, I can't sit still for too long with this cd. Then I'm freaked out! But in small doses and at the right time every track here is a stand out psychedelia experience and the cd as a whole a true gem in any well equipped psytrance collection.

• 8 years later...

CroBO48.jpg

Artist: Psychopod

Title: Headlines EP

Label: TIP Records

Date: October, 1997

1. Re-Vision

2. Universal Mind

3. Stop The Carnage

4. Friagram

5. Dreampod (Video Edit)

6. Out of Your Mind

8KqskVf.gif

This is such a detailed exploration into the world of dance music. Innumerable layers of psychedelia tumble over one another. Like Skeleton Man said, you want to dance to this, and I find myself nodding my head to it on multiple occasions through the track. But every time I want to dance the depth of what they created forces me to sit down. To sit down and contemplate how the human mind could attain this level of...expression. The creativity is off the charts with zero opportunity to catch your breath. Re-Vision has to be the alien anthem. Fantastic. Stop the Carnage is a 10 minute opus that is so vivid and psychedelic I can't follow it. It's too much. Like chocolate brownie bits in double chocolate ice cream. Love it, but my mortal senses can only process so much awesome. Friagram is acidic mayhem, relentless in it's twirling. When the break hits (and it's ever so brief) it's like the oxygen has been sucked from your lungs and you're afraid the beat won't return. But it does.

The one thing I don't understand is why not include the entire Psychopod track? There was room on the CD if I'm not mistaken and I'm sure they weren't concerned with us being able to process too much psychedelia. To me that is the only flaw of this EP and the only thing keeping this from being the greatest psychedelic goa trance CD of all time.

Mdk

This mini-album is one of the most psychedelic releases out there.

To answer your question about Psychopod, that was released as a single in full on Dreampod hence likely why wasn't included here, otherwise the single could have been made redundant; altough if we assume release dates on discogs are correct there was exactly a year in between, but still. Note how an edit of Dreampod appears on this mini-album, maybe an edit used in some movie/game.

You can always play these CDs one after the other :)