Date: 1997

Track listing:

01. 08'40" Geomantik

02. 08'12" Alien Pets

03. 09'35" Primal Orbit

04. 06'40" Boundless

05. 06'40" Scarab (Snake Thing Rmx)

06. 07'20" Scarab (Green Nuns Rmx)

07. 06'52" Starchild (Total Eclipse Rmx)

08. 07'55" Kiba (Tristan And Process Rmx)

09. 09'00" Taiyo (Chakra Rmx)

Review:

This album of Prana is nearly a whole remix from different groups of the

previous album, Cyclone.That means that Geomantik looks a little bit like a

commercial operation where Prana had only to make 4 new tracks! Nevertheless

the remix are good, the sounds really original (we could talk about a "Prana

style") and the track Alien Pets is really excellent.6/10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mindbender

This is an awesome album. Prana has a own style that I wont even try explaining

(way too hard). If you find this CD, it's well worth listening (and buying in

my case), so you can figure it out then. Some like the style, others don't.

Anyway, this is very psychedelic full-on trance-banging with acid sounds. I

think that this is better than Prana's first album, Cyclone. I think that

almost all Prana's tracks are really good as individuals, but they are a bit

too similar to remain be interesting for a whole album. Therefore, despite

half of the tracks being remixes, they bring more variation to the

Prana-sound, making the completeness far better. The remixes are done really

well and most succeed making songs that were already very good even better.

The remixes also bring a lot of new ideas to the tracks, so that they are

almost like completely new songs compared to the ones on Cyclone. Chakra remix

of Taiyo is mindblowing! Also the four new tracks by Prana are great each !

of them. Geomantik is a very good more chilled out track and a good intro for

the album. The other three are the old Prana-style, so any Prana-fans won't be

disappointed. Actually I find them a bit better than the average quality of

Cyclone. So altogether I find this just awesome! 9/10

• 2 months later...
Guest Ubik

Disappointing... Geomantik, an ambient track, sucks, trax 2,3,4 are good but

not very original (same style as Cyclone), Snake Thing Remix is very cool,

Green Nuns remix has too much screaming 303, starchild remix is good, better

than the original I think, Kiba remix is OK, but Tayo remix sucks because of

all the electric guitar badly used. 6/10

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest [Anonymous]

Added to Hallucinogen (Simon Posford/Shpongle) Tsuyoshi and Nick Tayler present

one of the best psychotrance records ever. This is a must have on any

trancozoid's shelf.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest missing tsuyoshi in tokyo

it is definitely a shame that tsuyoshi makes and plays total shit music

now...but hey, to everyman his own. what REALLY sucks is that promoters still

have him play at their psytrance parties (ie:solstice). stick to your tokio

drome rave bullshit

• 6 months later...

Here is the second album by Prana and it is totally cyberdelic ! beside many remixes of already known songs, this album has some amazing psychedelic tracks, fresh and new for that time...

Tsuyoshi Suzuki did it again and I am so sorry he hasn't made any albums ever since...I like his cyberdelic style...My favourite tracks are : PRIMAL ORBIT, ALIEN PETS, BOUNDLESS, STARCHILD ( Total Eclipse Rmx )...8/10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oboulys[at]pakistanmail[dot]com

I don`t have the previous album, so I`m glad there are remixes here. Anyway, if

you like acidelic psytrance, you will love this album till you die! Go Prana!

Go buy!

Guest [Anonymous]

I had only heard a few Prana tracks and wasn't especially moved by them when I

heard this alblum being played in a record store and liked it, bought it.

Track 1 is really cool, stuff like that is great for helping non psy trancers

esp hiphop people learn to listen to psytrance.

• 10 months later...
Guest Davidtolsn

very strange sounding. i hadn't heard prana before hearing this cd and i like

the style. a few of the tracks are boring/bad - 8 and 9. it seems this is one

of those cds that starts strong and gets weak, i definitely could do without

those last two tracks. the other remixes are good, and the originals are

pretty good also. all in all, though, the album fails to stay coherent. i

think it should've been two separate cds, an originals and a remix one.

anyway, musically, this seems more abstract/strange than most other psytrance

(which says a lot), but if you're looking for astral projection type stuff you

won't find it here. this is more similar to the crazy sounding stuff like

alienated/orichalcum with a touch of more traditional psy. all in all, 7.5/10

• 3 years later...

I don't have the previous album so there is nothing dissapointing for me here. I wish I did have the previous album because this is pure gold. Great breakbeat stuff as is usual from Matsuri records.

Great Abstract Psy breaks.

• 7 months later...

This is such a good album, and I dont care there is a lot rmxes here cus they are of outstanding quality... oh yeah and I dont have Cyclone ;)

But this music is still mind bending today almost 10 years after it was made... I still remember the day I got hold of this cd.... That was a great day!

Very power full acid lines and good melodies and imo it never goes fluffy.. like some other stuff from this period, so for me a real gem in my collection!!!

9/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Unmatchable. Unexcelled. Incontestable. If you ever ask yourself "why", my guess is you've never listened to Prana's self-confident sophmore album, Geomantik. Just recently did I rediscover it and it still delivers so much drive, as Suzuki & Co. tax their powers to the utmost. Every single aspect of this stentorian masterpiece screams with massive ideas and the respective artists involved went at it hammer and tongs in order to forge an album as monumental as this. Everything on here is done with utter might and main- from the crsipy kicks to the mind wielding melodies, from the brain drilling acid sorcery to the speaker crushing bass lines. The trenchant style presented throughout the lenghth of the album today leaves the impression of a super cocky Tsuyoshi Suzuki pointing the middle finger to the world before irretrievably abbandoning ship. His musical visions are flawlessly brought to life and audaciously carried out one after another, rendering them almost palpable on this high flown chef-d'oeuvre of his career.

Eruptions of sonic genious escalate to massive climaxes, while torrents of meticulously arranged musical sections offer an opulence of instantly memorable jiffies for any old school infected individual.

The inexhaustible amount of fashions and possibilities one can find here in order to pave his tortuous way through to, and subsequently get lost within, the most dispersed, but most renumerating corners of psychedelia is surely breath taking. The total of nine tracks offer enough ear candy for both, mind & feet, igniting a real life pseudo-acoustic metamorphosis whilst letting these numbers crawl into your cerebrum and wide spread well-intention impulses everywhere.

From the kick off collab with Merv Pepler, Geomantik, which sounds like the greatest track Joujouka never recorded, through to the Green Nuns Of The Revolution remix of Scarab, which is basically a TB-303 track indwelled with rabies going on a fanatical rampage, closing with the ridiculously intense and guitar tingled number Taiyo (Chakra remix), Prana's album shimmers with a never ending urge to surprise and astound the absorbent listener, keeping him on the edge of his seat. It constantly takes twists and turns by wandering off in unpredictable directions, but always maintaining focus, avoiding the random factor. Style wise the album fluctuates like the Dow Jones average, wavering in and out of every possible spectrum of psychedelic trance known back then, never delivering anything but ultimate excellence, skill, grace and slickness in performance.

On the spur of the moment did I get launched to a seemingly endless orbit around planet Earth, and countless aspects of Geomantik's divine resonance had me copiously tripping in my head for hours after the album was finished, forsakeing my entire body while an infectious miasma wraps itself around it.

In brief, Geomantik dissipates energy, more of it than you thought exists. Once the running time is up, there is little left to desire for. A compulsory release which few albums are (were) a match for. Words hardly suffice here- this classic album itself is ineffable, to say the least. To put an end to this discussion, Geomantik should cause all about instentaneous spontaneous human combustions.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Y578PTR.png

Artist: Prana
Title: Geomantik
Label: Matsuri Productions
Date: January, 1997

1. Geomantik
2. Alien Pets
3. Primal Orbit
4. Boundless
5. Scarab (Snake Thing Remix)
6. Scarab (Green Nuns of the Revolution Remix)
7. Starchild (Total Eclipse Remix)
8. Kiba (Tristan & Process Remix)
9. Taiyo (Chakra Remix)

Prana are Tsuyoshi Suzuki and Nick Taylor based in London and this is the 2nd album released under the Prana name. What you've got are 4 new tracks and 4 remixes of tracks from their first album Cyclone. But it's not like they're remixes from Joe Blow off the street. No no, they got some very reputable artists to ply their trade for these tracks.

Geomantik uses their penchant for percussion with the great mix of electronica and breakbeat. Alien Pets and Primal Orbit are goa stormers that have that hard edge. Boundless brings more of their trademark alien textures to collide with abrasive and fluid leads.

The GNOTR remix is the better of the two Scarab remixes (surprise surprise) and what a track. Thick with the menace of a predator combined with the chaos of a live wire the track seems to pick up speed as it unleashes a violent 303 leaving destruction in its wake. Starchild is another one with a liberal helping of 303 acidity and bubbling goodness. Kiba to me is average made all the more so by following the previous two tracks. Taiyo brings a little guitar crunch to the party complete with more breakbeat and 303 goodness.

You can argue whether this is one of the greatest albums in goa trance, but if you are a collector of the best in the genre then you must have this in your collection. Melodic, thumping, aggressive...it's got it all. Avatar Records re-released it in 2004 so you can (and should) add it to your collection.

CxNu6aP.gif

Mdk

If i'm not wrong this album was remastered in the early 2000's, to be honest I would have prefered the album "Cyclone" to be remastered cause it's better IMO, i would like to hear tracks like "Indigo remix" with a better sound, also "Scarab" original and "Starchild" original which for me beat the remixes released in Geomantik.

Anyway, "Alien pets", "Primal orbit" and the "Chakra remix" are worth getting this album !