Date: 1997

Track listing:

01. 08'56" Nazca Spider

02. 08'49" The Source

03. 08'10" Rooster

04. 08'00" Funkadelic

05. 07'28" Caracol

06. 08'43" Akeru

07. 08'06" The Source (Remixed By Elysium)

08. 07'14" Highway

Review:

Hum ... this is not a Bad album, because it's well built And uses transitions

between Tracks, but it's a little too noisy for me ... not melodious enough ...

However I don't think there are any Bad Tracks (maybe except Track 3 cause I

don't like this "cock-a-doodle-do" sample), but I also don't see good Tracks

because they don't seem to have any precise direction ... Rating : 5/10

Guest psychedelia80[at]hotmail[dot]com

I just wanna say that track 7, The Source (Remixed By Elysium) is one of the

greatest tracks I´ve heard... Just listen to the tribal-jungel sounds... son´t

U just love that ?? that is the true sound of goa... =)

• 1 month later...
Guest Snow Dog

Very groovy Danish trance, similar

to Koxbox but not quite as

polished. Upbeat rhythms and

melodies, with a definite

psychedelic feel. Elysium's mix

of "The Source" is much better

than the chaotic original, but

other than that, all tracks are

really good, and I enjoyed taking

the trip to this poetic future more and more with every listen...

I'll give it a 7.5.

• 1 month later...
Guest psychedelic archeolog

Nezca Spider is great stuff.... really dark/scary and atmospheric intro, i

always imagine when i listen to that track, im going into a cave searching for

the nest of a huge killing spider... then he gets me, and i feel him actually

crawl over me... lovely ;-)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest isotopX

This is awesome shit! Very dark/atmospheric with extremely driving bass lines.

Add psychedelic sequences and noises and you get Orion. This is darkness...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Davidtolsn

below average. i can't say it's "bad" but it's definitely not "good." it really

doesn't do anything for me. can't get into it. wouldn't recommend it. 4/10

• 4 months later...

Wow, what an album ! I can't believe it is from 1997, it's full off a very nice

fresh sound, very dynamic and powerfull.

Track after track : (1)Nazca Spider: Great track which directly indicate the

style off the album with this nice sweet (shy) drum, unforgettable eletronic

acid sound, at 4:00 the melody appear, and the

sound bring the atmosphere. a Good track 8.5/10.

(2)The Source: A killer track with a crazy bassline, a very nice break with

oriental voice and tribal percussion, the end is unforgetable 9.5/10

(3)Rooster : The famous track with the cocorico, strange, this track is good

but not more, some interesting idea, but it appear as the funny track. 6.5/10

(4)Beyond the others track, Funkadelic is more a complex bassline work, no

really melody, but the complexity off the bassline is very interesting and

deserve to this track a very enjoyable listening. Fresh sound all over the

track as each tracks in Futursic

Peotry 7/10

(5)Caracol: Same building as the 2 first track but in more disapointing, nice

work but

not my cup off tea, maybe i miss something...but i see this track more as a

transition track

(a building up for the great next track) 6.5/10

(6)Akeru oo great famous Akeru, here is a very very interesting track, i advice

it to the intelligent goa lover, i just love it, it's very well build and

progressive, few differents melodies and sounds appear in the track, when you

are totally into the move, it's really great 9.5/10.

(7)The Souce (mixed by Elysium) : An other tribal oriented track, awesome synth

sound too, great voice, very nice atmosphere but it miss energy 8/10.

(8)Highway. With this slower track for outro we track the highway to bo gack to

the real world

this track start with very nice liquid sound, beetween water and highway. It's

really nice,

8.5/10

I can say the album Futursic Poetry is the mixture of the melodic side off the

old school album and the fresh sound of the new psytrance. A mixture off the

tribal

ambiance of juno reactor and the energic rythmic off M.O.S. I have the feeling

to voyage all over the world with a spaceship, and for few track here, to

travel in a highway by space cars.

NO bad track, nice atmosphere in the whole album, Orion thanx for the voyage. I

like very much. Final Verdict 8.75/10 Boom !

• 3 years later...

Ok let's go to this gem, I remember my danish old friend liked Jean Borelli these old gold days.And yes what an artist, and what a label and what a title boys and girls!

Here we go.

.01. Nazca Spider

Sssssh.Someone is talking here. Nice psychedelic effects are taking place in the very beginning of Nazca Spider.Some percussion are trying to give you a rhythm there.And the kick comes in very gentle and beautiful. Bassline so smooth! 1:45 the journey is about to begin guys. Beware the bassline is so funky! The track keeps evolving and the goa sequencer is making a prologue of what is going to happen.Be patient ;) Here we go 3:55! Psychedelia over the place :D Let's fly with some trancy pads now. 04:50 yes, keep it minimal and dancable Jean! You know what you're doing. 06:40 let us relax a little bit! And yes again 07:00 let's dance to this Spider guys!

.02. The Source

The source starts with a nice effect and the kick getting in very anxious. Very soon we are in the psychedelic mind of Borelli. Nice kick,hihats and effects making a good atmosphere there. Here it is the goa sequencer trying to explain some notes. We are now at the moment when we are about to travel.Everything is set we are waiting...mmm nice heartbeat drum there and tribal rhythm Jean! We are getting a bit twisted here. This is kinda tribal-psy to my ears. Interesting.

.03. Rooster

Here is Rooster with a great bassline notes. The kick and percussion rhythm are there again. It is funky. Step forward-Step Backwards. A mystic synth is playin' some nice notes there while a goa sequencer appear for just some time! And here is the Rooster! Great melodic layers are here in front of our eyes :) Things are getting more twisted while the track keeps going and going.

.04. Funkadelic

Let's go to that Funkadelic track.Very nice title Jean! Sure this will be very funky as the bassline, percussion and kick admit it ;) 01:10 yes, you prove it once again :D This is funky psytrance guys. And here is the bassline at 02:16. A very interesting moment is around at 02:45 where everything disappears except the necessary parts!Yes this is one of my favs.

.05. Caracol

Again funky psytrance style is going to develop and evolve! Very nice production thanks to my ears. 02:21 something is about to happen I think. Yes it keeps going nice and smooth. Showing us how funky psytrance is all about. Breaks,pads,percussions,basslines,nasty sequencer notes that's all are trying this decent artist is trying to say. Excellent work Jean!

.06. Akeru

Let's move to Akeru now.A manga hero? We'll see... That have to be a very funky manga hero guys :D Soon at 1:00 we are enetering funky-psy mind of Jean. Very nice and smooth development of this kind of psytrance. A very memorable moment is at 04:58 where Akeru is trying to explain his story while at the same time the track keeps being mystic. This is also Jean, very nice :D

.07. The source [Elysium Remix]

And here it is the source, this time in Elysium Remix! Hmmm a very nice oriental atmosphere is taking place in the very beginning in the track. 'I am the source of your salvation'.Keep going Elysium. Yes it is a very good remix. Tribal-psytrance I would say this time. A very interesting moment for me is about at 02:50 where a nice tribal psy atmoshpere is building. Yes goa notes are coming now dudes! Keep it playing there. 'I am the source' again and notes together and tribal feeling. Excellent remix Elysium. 05:30 things are getting very good. Full music and layers playing with your mind. Bassline chaingin' pitch and mysic pads are there to keep you in balance. Sure one of my favs guys :)

.08. Highway

And let's close the review with Highway. Here we go with a mid-tempo psytrance? Yes! Here we go let's dance very smooth and slow to this one. The bassline once again is very selected one. Nice percussions again and effects from one of the masters of funky-psytrance Jean. One of my favs for sure to close such an album!

Favorites? : .01. Nazca Spider, .03. Rooster, .04. Funkadelic, .06. Akeru, .07. The source [Elysium Remix], and .08. Highway.

Final Verdict: 8.5/10

Thank you Jean Borelli for this great album!

• 4 months later...

I think Nazca Spider is the standout on this album. None of the tracks are terrible, but I found them unfocused. They didn't really go anywhere. This is more Psy than Goa, not that that is a bad thing. I was looking for more melodies and that classic Goa sound from 97 which this didn't deliver. However, I don't think it claimed to be. Not my cuppa.

Mdk

• 3 years later...

Amazing release. As T2MU said it is indeed more psytrancy, but bear in mind this is a 1997 release, so expect tons of creativity. The groove and rhythm, in a more of a hypnotic sense, and layering are impeccable. There are tracks that focus on these aspects completely such as Rooster, Caracol and Funkadelic, but there are others that also focus on a dense atmosphere. I think the biggest track from there is Nazca Spider. The atmosphere is oozing with dark tribal atmosphere and segments of drama. The production on this album feels genuinely unique and one of the first of its kind with reminding this is from 1997 - I know it has gotten inspirations from other sources but the sound remains completely unique. Lots of electronic beeping, higher pitched acid, organic tribal sounds, groovy rhythmic basslines. This is a fantastic album from the 90's, but, due the things listed, I feel like a little unappreciated. It is not melody heavy like most, but what it lacks in melody it gives in all else. Just listen to Rooster - the ever-growing groove is frighteningly good. The way it builds and progresses up to the final climax is amazing, and trust me, that climax will destroy the dancefloor. The rooster sounds should be cheesy but aren't because of the way they are incorporated into the groove. I'm listening to the remastered version and it sounds absolutely superb, and it comes with an additional track so don't hesitate to get it. The original has a nicer back cover, including the mayan calendar and space background - whlist the new version just has the calendar in a smaller form and the tracklist - but who cares when everything else is better. This is one of the rare times I really can say I rather have the new version over the old one. Thanks to Avatar for that.

p.s. I'm moving the 2005 remaster thread in general psytrance. If someone bothers they can write a full review in 2005 section about the remastered version. The first thread wasn't a review thread at all.

• 1 year later...

niraCKQ.jpg

Artist: Orion

Title: Futuristic Poetry

Label: Symbiosis Records

Date: 1997

1. Nazca Spider

2. The Source

3. Rooster

4. Funkadelic

5. Caracol

6. Akeru

7. The Source (Remixed by Elysium)

8. Highway

9. The 8th

"I am the source of your salvation."

Enough time has gone by that I've changed my opinion about this album. Unquestionably the star remains Nazca Spider with it's dark goa atmosphere. It's simply a journey to a hostile alien world with loads of effects to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

But so is the rest of the album.

Sure it is more psytrance than other stuff that came out in 97, but Penzo was right when he said it was bubbling over with creativity. They never waver from that eerie theme although the sound of a rooster will always be cheesy to me. Unless bacon and sausage are on the table.

Aside from that minor gripe there is a lot to love about this album. Detail heavy it creates a futuristic framework that had me looking for the next unexpected moment. There are a lot of breaks that flood the ears with scary changes in direction. A lot of the sounds have less to do with layers of melody and more with placing you firmly into what they were trying to create. And that's what took me so long to appreciate this. Once I finally accepted it for the psychedelic ride it was instead of what I presumed or hoped it would be, then I was on board. A clever and brooding mix of goa and psytrance in a nice tidy package that is available today thanks to Avatar records. Also with a nice bonus track. Win win people.

Psyshop

Mdk

• 1 month later...