Now we're talking psychedelic!! the Koxbox sideproject delivers a killer

classic, with a remix. The only problem is that they sound similar... You

know the deal: this sounds like boiling oatmeal. great tracks. Rating: 9/10

Guest Psylent Buddhi

No words can explain these two tracks from Psychopod! Simply some of the finest

psychedelia ever produced!

Plur - Psylent Buddhi

Guest Acidhive

Hey vertical! I see you've listened to FSOL's Lifeforms as well?? Great name!

Anyway, about the cd. Two great old-time goa psychedelic kicking tunes.

Especially psychopod does it for me everytime. Dreampod is essentially just a

reworked version of that song, though it has it's own flair and quality. 9/10

here!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DJ Supernova

this stuff is absolute killer! i always thought dreampod was the bomb, but my

friend spun psychopod at a party and it was explosive. this is like a 10/10

EP!? worth every cent.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ehsanur

I agree! Dreampod must be of one the most psychedelic songs I've ever heard.

Psychopod is also a great track.

PS I dont own the EP but I just had to announce my love for Psychopod.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Davidtolsn

both excellent songs, and they sound ahead of their time. this more closely

resembles the stuff that starting coming out a few years later than anything

else from 1996, in my opinion. the intricacies and complexity you can expect

from koxbox with a more conventional structure. 9/10

• 3 years later...

Posted Image

Label: TIP Records

Catalog#: TIP 017 CD

Format: CD5"

Released: 1996

Tracklisting:

1 Dreampod (10:19)

2 Psychopod (9:09)

Enter Psychopod, side-project of legendary danish trance act Koxbox. Psychopod would later change name to Saiko-Pod focusing on a more club-oriented sound. Psychopod, however, still ventures in psychedelic waters. And like a fish.

In many ways, Ian Ion, Frank E and Peter Candy defined the psychedelic trance sound of the mid nineties. Trippy, diverse tracks with loads of different sections, and very complex. Then again, no other act sounds like them so it may not be easy to say they defined anything!

Dreampod / Psychopod is built over the same themes and exhilarates in FX. It may remind a little of the Stratosfear single which is also from 1996 but things get even more spacey on Dreampod. These guys were always far out and with this album it's like they decided to see how far they could take their sound. Psychedelic when it's very best, but also very challenging for the listener. There are no dull moments here and you have to be in with the music all the time to get the full effects of the riddly bullets of sound Psychopod throws at you.

But if you can, this is some of the most intelligent contemporary music around. Bom shankar

• Like 1

TOTAL PERFECTION !

Especially DREAMPOD...it is most definitely one of the dreamiest, trippiest songs ever...Koxbox guys are here at their best. PSYCHOPOD is very psychedelic and trippy as hell, but DREAMPOD is something out of this world...11/10

• Like 1

Love this!

Like Seraph mentioned, Koxbox fellas at their peak. Pure perfection from start to finish.

This is a bit more melodic stuff than their usual psychedelia. This is sort of what *Time Slices / Perceptor (12")* was for Hux Flux.

A grade? I think Seraph already mentioned it. :)

• Like 1

I can just recommend Dreampod to any psy/goa trance lovers, that is a great classic i discovered some years ago in Distance to goa 5 compilation...

This track is rich, we can hear a lot of work in it, and as it is said above, it is a really amazing, and very psychedelic track! I would say it is the best track from Koxbox/Psychopod.

• Like 1

Was this an EP or a singles album? I suppose if they made a full album, meaning 8-10 tracks, you would've reviewed it.

It's strange because they seem to have made a full album in 1997 at the first link below, soon after their first er.. main album (?) at the second link. I wonder why their second album says EP with there being 6 tracks on it Is there longer albums somewhere other than the two lins below? Does this seem strange that their dubut has only two tracks and is considered a full album? I mean, occasionally a two or three track EP is released prior to the main album, which seems to be what they did with their second release titled Headlines, but not the case on Dream pod. I wonder why.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd926.html

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd901.html

Dreampod sounds very cool. I overall really like their trippy, melodic, psychedelic sound. Their two-track cd is available to buy. Anyone know how Headlines is compared to their first release? I'd take the latter over Dream Pod coz it has at least three times the tracks and sounds very good also.

Was this an EP or a singles album? I suppose if they made a full album, meaning 8-10 tracks, you would've reviewed it.

It's strange because they seem to have made a full album in 1997 at the first link below, soon after their first  er.. main album (?) at the second link. I wonder why their second album says EP with there being 6 tracks on it Is there longer albums somewhere other than the two lins below?  Does this seem strange that their dubut has only two tracks and is considered a full album? I mean, occasionally a two or three track EP is released prior to the main album, which seems to be what they did with their second release titled Headlines, but not the case on Dream pod. I wonder why.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd926.html

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd901.html

Dreampod sounds very cool. I overall really like their trippy, melodic, psychedelic sound. Their two-track cd is available to buy. Anyone know how Headlines is compared to their first release? I'd take the latter over Dream Pod coz it has at least three times the tracks and sounds very good also.

430619[/snapback]

I don't quite understand what's your problem (could be my English skills too ;))

Dreampod CD is a single and it's priced like one (half the price of full album) and Headlines EP is a mini album, hence the EP (Extended Play) extension. In my book, even if it's just 60 minutes it's still much more intricate, challenging and psychedlic than 95% of albums released in this genre and it's definitelly worth the price of full CD. I don't really feel it's just 60 minutes, because the ideas they fit in just one track would suffice for 3-4 other tracks done by today's "super-star" full-on artists...

Just do what I did - buy those two CDs and record those 8 tracks on one CD. You get one of the best psytrance albums from classic TIP label for a price of 1.5 crappy full-on / darkpsy / prog CD ;):D

Edited by antic