Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Children

9 is fucking ace, yes.

good ol' jon with the eagle-eyed sharp look harrr!

:posford::posford::posford::posford::posford::posford::posford::posford::posford::posford:

shillergh kanti boom ace you mean 1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1

me dances to the nothing :posfrut:

---

norly, one of the most essential in goaland<--

• 3 months later...
  • 11 years later...

This is certainly an album with a special appeal, as I find myself revisiting it every now and then. The album represents a lot of different things to me, as it encapsulates an entire era. It's the nostalgia of my youth in the 90's, it also represents the pinnacle of the genre in many ways. It is also in retrospective, representative for what the best analog and digital synthesizers and studio equipment available at the time, could sound like through a goa trance prism. It's the combination of a lot of things, the total mastery of their studio gear, and of the style itself, which they were one of the originators and innovators of. 

One might argue that the Another World album might contain more good tracks in total, but it doesn't take away anything from this album. Both albums are great in their own ways. And I appreciate what each album brought to the table in terms of stylistic refinements. For people with an interest in classic synthesizers and drum machines, this album is a true vintage museum, all the classics are used to great effect here, as well as the first generation of virtual analog synthesizers. It was and still is a joy to hear the unique, and very specific sounds of the TB-303 used here through the best hardware effects of the era. The use of the sounds from the TR-909 and TR-808 on this albums is also perfect. They took the late 80's and early 90's techno stapels, and infused them into their cosmic sound image. So the early acid/techno influences are there, but greatly expanded upon.