Title: Cyclone

Label: Matsuri

Date: 1996

Track listing:

01. 03'05" Miko

02. 07'29" Kiba

03. 08'45" Indigo (Rmx)

04. 07'26" Scarab

05. 06'25" Message For Eastedge (Trance Express Rmx)

06. 07'29" Starchild

07. 07'43" Moretsu (Indigo And Baraka Rmx)

08. 07'23" Future Space Travellers

09. 07'56" The Earth

10. 07'52" Taiyo

Review:

Cyclone is the first album from Prana, and probably the best one.The problem of

this album (and there is the same in Geomantik) is that we can see four

excellent tracks-Scarab, Starchild, The Earth and Taiyo- whereas the rest is

not really good.That makes a CD that is not really enjoyable to listen to in

one shot.But we can say that these four tracks are making this album

interessant enough to be bought.

6.5/10

• 1 month later...

Sounds old !! Not enough powerful for me. Anyway, there is one very good track

: Scarab, that has been seen on lots of comp, and two pretty good tracks : the

Earth (made with Indoor) and Taiyo. The rest is OK, but it's boring to listen

to the whole cd at once. 6/10

Guest Mindbender

I think this is a good album. Prana definetly have their own sound, which I

like. However, I think that they should have brought a bit more variation on

this album, because now it's a bit too much samey and I usually listen to

about half of it and then change. However, all the tracks are good as

individuals. My favourite is #3, but #'s 1,2,5 and 10 standout as well. For

some reason Scarab (which everyone seems to love) is just another Prana-track

for me, which means that it's good anyway. I think the worst tracks on this

get to about the same good standard. Despite that, the samey aspect of this

album makes it less good than it would be without. 7,5/10

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes ! this album is very good...all tracks are good, best seems to be

1,3,4,6,9,10 but others are fine too ! I don't agree with tequila and

Ubik'rate....this album is 8/10 or 9/10. It's melodic and you can hear it in

one shot whithout be bored because you don't hear that goa style often, as

said Prana has created his own style !

• 4 months later...
Guest eden.solaris

Killer album!!! Melodic stuff you don't hear anymore these days!!! Of course,

Scarab is very good (EVERYBODY knows that one...), but The Earth is the

greatest one of the all!!! Powerful, yet melodic, no need to have a big beat

to kick ass!!! Of course, I suppose all you clubbers out there that THINK

they're into goa music won't agree with me... 9/10

• 2 months later...
Guest stelium[at]infonie[dot]fr

I don't know all the tracks, but i can say that "scarab" "starchild" & above

all "the earth" are awesome!.I want "the earth"!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest sljace[at]yahoo[dot]com

Suzuki has colected all of the crap sounds and with his amateur lowinteligent

composing he create MEGACRAP.This cd is good example for whasteing money.1/10

for the whasted emphty cd.Do not whaste the laser of your cd player for

nothing.Better throw it.Ace Kuzevski Macedonia.

• 1 month later...
Guest Joemrmeat[at]hotmail[dot]com

I think this album sounds too old for now in 2001. It sould have been great in

1996, but I think Tb303 is an very old machine, not very good in psychedelic

music...Anyway, I don't like this cd, no variation, too many tracks on the

same patern...I really love the second prana Cd but this one...3/10

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Packhusplatsen

Message for eastedge is one of the best ever made tunes. I heard it the first

time on a party in Gothenburg. The line up was great: Mike mguire, tyoushi

suzuki and anti. When mr.suzuki played this track, i promise u everybody wnt

threw a catharsis what a tune, what a sound yeah!! This was back in 95 but i

still works! The album is what we swedes call: en milstolpe inom sin genre.

Great!!! 10/10

• 10 months later...

I love this album...it's melodic, psychedelic and not overwhelmingly powerful.

Its still very eneregtic and I think anyone wanting some good old school goa

woul be satisfied with this. This is one of the few producers of goa from

Japan and I think Prana rocks.

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

This is a perfect example of having to listen to a CD multiple times until you finally "get it." When I first heard it, it was after I heard Geomantik and I thought that Cyclone sounded thin in comparison and consequently struggled getting through it. Numerous times. Until tonight. This is very good Goa trance and now I think it's better than Geomantik. While Alien Pets for me is the best Prana effort, this album has worked its way into my goa rotation.

• Like 2

but I think Tb303 is an very old machine, not very good in psychedelic

music...

you have GOT to be kidding me!?!?!?!
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

What an amazing album! I have no idea what people are talking about when they say that it sounds old and I say this 16 years after the reviewer called it as such. You can definitely hear the unique Prana sound and I appreciate it very much and prefer it over Geomantik.

Favorite tracks: LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE IS AMAZING but Id say that Indigo, Earth and Moretsu are my fave. 10/10 Im in love :wub:

I listened to the Prana albums recently and I also prefer this over Geomantik, where the remixed tracks are not as good as the original ones imo (apart from the GNOTR rmx).

I agree, all tracks are good here, very good/creative/unique album. Most of the tracks had been previously released in 1994/1995, so this album sounds older than its contemporaries I guess.

Anyway, good music is good music. Today it's all about production, crystal clear sound, overcompression, "suitable for the dance floor at the festival" and so on. F*ck that, I want good music above all! :)

• Like 1

pff what can i say about this album? its a fucking goa classic! Geomantik was good too.

dont dig remixes... very few slim chances of me diggin a remix unless... its fucking amazing like you never know. but most remixes i hear are like meh.... because the flow isnt the same n shit , its not the same you know.. take sunproject - space dwarfes for example... space tribe also remixed it. kept same structure and flow except was with space tribe sounds. ok not bad but original is best. take morphic resonance remix aswel... not the same you know what i mean?

somehow lepton heads been remixed countless times , filteria did lunar civilization remix but fuck i know the original nobody will ever top them original recs man! myself as a producer im like da fuck should i do it? waste of time . id rather bring something new and fresh to the people if thats the case . :|

i know people love it im not patronizing anybody but imo its been done too many times and an original is an original imo. it sticks in and remix is like just ok...

even that astrix lepton head is like ... not bad for a full on shit you know? but fuck it.

astral projection did remixes album released on tip , im curious but should i check it... maybe. but then im like fuck this the originals are way better lol sorry thats how i am..

best remixes shakta-lepton head deedrah remix

Prana - Taiyo (Chakra Remix) was good shit back in days

my remix of shidapu is mehhh dunno why i did it ... thats why i rather dont remix and i prefer coming with something original least something new that will keep me entertained engaged and interested immersived in the song :)

sometimes its good sometimes is not good to remix... but in majority/most cases its like 99.9 percent a remix will fokiiiinnnnnn suck lol

Starchild is peak in this album i think... brings memories of 2001 space oddyssey

4/5 great goa record

• Like 1

... very few slim chances of me diggin a remix unless... its fucking amazing like you never know. but most remixes i hear are like meh.... because the flow isnt the same n shit , its not the same you know.. take sunproject - space dwarfes for example... space tribe also remixed it. kept same structure and flow except was with space tribe sounds. ok not bad but original is best. take morphic resonance remix aswel... not the same you know what i mean?]

Totally agree. I already gave my opinion on Space Dwarfs remixes by Space Tribe and Morphic Resonance. The original is great, the remixes follow exactly the original track. Pointless IMO.

For me 2 conditions have to be met for a great remix:

- the remix sounds totally different, it takes a few of the original ingredients but changes the track radically

- the original is somehow a weak track but has potential: that's why Deedrah remix of Lepton head is awesome.

A track that meets condition 2 for me is Loren X - Sectosphere. Ah if I was a producer it would be my top priority to remix this track just for the fantastic intro. When I hear this track I feel a big potential has been wasted.

On topic: listened to Scarab a thousand times, still my favourite Prana track.

• Like 1

Totally agree. I already gave my opinion on Space Dwarfs remixes by Space Tribe and Morphic Resonance. The original is great, the remixes follow exactly the original track. Pointless IMO.

For me 2 conditions have to be met for a great remix:

- the remix sounds totally different, it takes a few of the original ingredients but changes the track radically

- the original is somehow a weak track but has potential: that's why Deedrah remix of Lepton head is awesome.

A track that meets condition 2 for me is Loren X - Sectosphere. Ah if I was a producer it would be my top priority to remix this track just for the fantastic intro. When I hear this track I feel a big potential has been wasted.

On topic: listened to Scarab a thousand times, still my favourite Prana track.

wow fuck yea bro Scarab is incredible song! :)

Loren-X txiiiiiiiiiii man where that goes... i still have one album really early shit done from french guy aka some weirdname martin cooper aka loren-x ... really early shit most of it its nothing special to be honest . dreamland is my favourite as asia 2001 , still love that fantasy cover its beautiful . its got some loren-x remixes which they are pretty good . has some gems like majestic 12 , orion in maroc (psykadelia album same but different flow mix i think) last survivors was brilliant ... dreamland was kinda cut off but amnesia is where was released in full which is great.

about remixed what else can i say? man i aint touching them . i prefer to bring something fresh than remixing shit thats been done and we all love as it is.. i never was sort of person trying to gain fame or popularity with cheap tricks like latching on to pleadians or any other group bands etc.. i am who i am thats what ithink at least. i love originals but as i said deedrah remix was awesome but chances are a remix will be 1 in amillion that it will be good and im not gonna even think about it bro honestly... its not worth it and i dont wanna cheat my way in music i think latching on big names is bit of cheap trick and i did few remixes and i barely listen to them because an original is an original if you get me.

nice talking to you man , peace to you c u later :)

• 3 years later...

This gem is still relevant and sounds great 20+ years later. Insane!

You can enjoy it playing it at high volume or you can enjoy it at home as background music. Beautiful melodies in right dosage and complexity throughout the album.