• 2 months later...
Guest plasmagoria[at]hotmail[dot]com

I can only agree to you all. This album is really good! But, it pretty

strange... The tracks that I dont like is on compils while the good ones (like

alien disco, Interspatial Meltdown, Oceanic) isnt ... Maybee I have bad taste

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well... If you want to show somebody PsyTrance as a style and to learn him how

to like it, get this one. It's classic as hell. Cannabanoid, Alien Disco & ...

of course ... Gift of Gods (G, this is the real one :-)

Guest [Anonymous]

SO STRONG TRANCE, Cosmosis HAVE THE SOUNDS I LOVE IF YOU LOVE IT YOU NEED THE

Somaton - Princeiples of Gravity IS THE ALLMOST THE SAME STYLE

BLEAVE ME I AM FROM ISRAEL..

• 4 years later...

COSMOSIS - COSMOLOGY

TRANSIENT

Posted Image

Track list:

01. 08'38" Cannabanoid

02. 07'34" Oceanic

03. 07'49" Sanyacid

04. 06'43" Alien Disco

05. 06'43" Morphic Resonance

06. 07'11" Interspatial Meltdown

07. 07'49" Gift Of The Gods

08. 07'30" Key To The Innerverse

09. 06'31" Afterglow

Cosmology is a diamond in Goa Trance. To give it to you straight, this is one of the best [most awesome] Goa-Trance albums. Ever.

1. Cannabanoid is epic, constantly evolving, developing, and traveling. This is a very strong albeit somewhat subtle piece to meditate on. The melodies flow like liquid, sound/melody combinations are infectious and continuously develop. The music isn't too in-your-face and yet it's engaging. You can't keep your ears and mind off its influence. This can be a wonderful explorative track or an intelligent, rhymically conscious dance [party] track. More people deserve to be aware of how amazing this music is. This is one of the best songs I've ever heard.  A

2. Oceanic has a very infectious, liquid Goa synth that carries it to other more evolved terrain. Great direction! I'm hooked from the start. Great use of samples too! "There are no boundaries..." Though less elaborate in structure than the opening track, this is one of the tastier pieces of Goa music I've tried and the result is always excellent! The ending gets a tad repetitive, but overall what a sleek track!  A- 

3. Sanyacid is ethnic, worldly, and simply put, wonderful. I love songs that make me go wow both during and after, and this is one of them. The melody/sound work is juicy and flavorful, wrapped around smooth transitions, advanced mixing (well, that goes without saying), and production design. How this artist morphs one part of the terrain into the next is impressive. Wonderful work.  A

4. Alien Disco is the first really climactic Goa track on here. Lots of high pitched, altered melodies pushing the listener to dance non-stop.  A

5. Morphic Resonance changes up the tempo, adding variety to the album. The borderline mid/up-tempo track featuring buildup and retreats. Its [very catchy' signature Goa song appears early on and heightens the whole. The song's a unique, fairly moody approach coalesces with an infectious uptempo finale that develops for the remaining 45% of the song! The already catchy number is accentuated further as each minute winds down to its last. Although this is arguably the least strong track on the album, it's very good if not great old school bliss nonetheless!  B+ / A-

06. Interspatial Meltdown is far more energetic and aggressive than the previous track. It appears to be another strong idea derived from the driving, dance energy the previous one built up to. This one is faster, starts strong and doesn't let off the ignition until the final frame. There's a strong melody around the half-way point. The song is a fun, rhythmic trip.  A-

07. Gift Of The Gods seems to be the centerpiece on here album according to many reviews throughout the internet. It may be the greatest track to get the listener dancing on herel; it's just one of the best. Reunited is the idea of high pitched and altered melody work, that of Alien Disco. However unlike Alien Disco, this one packs strong emphasis on various melodies, both lower and mid-ranged too. There's an ascending melody around half-way through followed by an interlude which really pushes this song into heavenly terrain. The voice gives it a more epic feel as energy comes together for an even greater take off. It's very clear here that the artist had a blockbuster-esque vision for this song. In other words, it's packed with powerful leads, melodies, charged rhythms, evolving direction, and ear-candy that goes on until the last second. As far as dancing and climax songs go, this is the jewel in the crown. It's also one of the strongest and more popular Goa songs.  A

8. Key To The Innerverse is an excellent diversion from the last beast. It's very groovy and driving without being as climactic or epic as the previous number. Everything flows so rediciously well right up and past the climax, lift off. Even more elaborate combinations of melodies are introduced and the structure continues to develop in a stylishly, complex, concuction. Add a strong leading melody to top it off. This is one of the best tracks on the album.  A- / A

9. Afterglow is an infectious, Ambient+Goa influenced downtempo gem. It's refreshing, contemplative, and intriguing. While I've heard more impressive final songs on Goa albums, the melody combinations are great. The song is complimented by a wonderful accent, like an alien beacon signaling. Indian-Eastern influence compliments the whole. This is a very satisfying number.  A

Cosmology is one of the best Goa albums ever released. Relative to super Goa albums like Pleiadians I.F.O. and Hallucinogen's Twisted+The Lone Deranger... Cosmosis's Cosmology is right up there. Be it a cosmic fantasy number like Cannabanoid and Sanyacid, or a mindful party stormer like Gift of the Gods, Cosmology lacks a single dull moment. The only track that I found mildly less strong at times was Morphic Resonance, and even that track is solid by Goa standards today. I expected a little more with the final track developmentally, but its overall sound is so catchy via accent (among other elements) that I keep coming back to it, decades later, as a reminder of gems and diamonds encompassing a terrific album. The follow up album to this one via Synergy is great. I prefer this album by leaps and bounds due to its incredible GOA influence. The details, accents, infectious sound/melody work, and more make this the purest Cosmology album, and one of the purest cutting-edge (still is in 2019) Goa albums ever released. The album's interesting (exploratory!), exciting, contemplative, visionary, imaginative, intuitive, innovative, expansive in its conscious approach, risk-taking, occasionally euphoric, beautifully layered, and in a word, groundbreaking. Their are songs here that may inspire your soul (and/or mind) for the rest of your life (and beyond as consciousness continues). It's that good and I have less than zero interest sugar coating anything. Despite a few less than amazing tracks, the album is wildly strong and IMO-- a masterpiece.  

Favorite tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9

A

• 10 months later...

Some super tracks on this one!

How could you not love the melodies on alien disco or the intense energy on gift of the gods?

That said, I never enjoyed Sanyacid or Oceanic though, so when I go and listen to the album, after first track *skip, skip* . :)

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

13 years later......a postman stands at my door with cosmology in his hand... waaaw what an album!

almost everything has been said above ...

I love the way the opening sample "how far can they controle my mind" comes back at the end of key to the inneverse (when I catch myself dancing in front of my speakers for nearly an hour :D ) , just before afterglow wich is the perfect track to look back on the whole experience of this album

this is the perfect goatrance for me fast, dark/deep atmosphere, dreamy melodies, and lots of high pitched ACID which goes higher and higher :posford: , nothing to add

• 1 month later...

Definitely the best album from Cosmosis. Proper old school Goa trance here with riffs and melodies to take you screaming into the future (or maybe past)... All tracks here are enjoyable however tracks 1,3,7 and 8 stand out!

The album sounds a bit samey (with the same sounds/synths) used on the tracks, I reckon it would be better if you heard the individual tracks on compilations (as someone on discogs mentioned previously).

All in all, a timeless classic. Super rare and hard to find.

9 / 10