strong at all points, S.t.o.p is a total Killer and it's surely one of the

best track i've ever heard, basically X-Dream style. 9/10 for Brainforest,

10/10 for S.t.o.p Fucking great work.

• 9 years later...

R-106790-1104054421.jpg

Artist: X-Dream
Title: Brainforest/Stop EP
Label: Blue Room Released
Date: Discogs says 1997, are you going to argue with the mighty DISCOGS??!!??

1. Brain Forest
2. S.T.O.P.

"OH YEAHHHH.....I JOURNEYED DEEP INTO THE BLACK DEPTHS OF THE REVIEW NETHERWORLD AND SOUGHT OUT THE LONG DEAD TOPIC!!! i REACHED DOWN WITH THE HAND OF LIGHT AND GRASPED THE 10 YEAR OLD SUBJECT FROM THE COLD, BONY FINGERS OF DEATH! OH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back in the day, before Jon Cena and the Rock, there was Hulk Hogan and Randy Macho Man Savage. They were the faces of professional "wrestling." I put wrestling in quotes because over here it was more scripted than a John Woo fight scene. Nonetheless back in the early to mid 90's it entertained the masses, dazzling them with absurd storylines and acrobatic violence that if actually perpetrated on someone would kill them.

How do you go from this:

macho.jpg
Who the f*ck dressed you, Stevie Wonder?

to this:

jcQqWLP.jpg

"No, steroids had no effect on me whatsoever." Really? So why do you now look like the lead singer of the Charlie Daniels Band?

To show you how ridiculous he was check out this outfit

dol2fp6.jpg

I know you were the spokesman for Slim Jim, but you're supposed to eat them not f*cking wear it!

The pictures really don't do him justice, because to really see how insane his character was you had to hear him. Total looney tunes, man. But, in his genre at the time he was one of wrestling's biggest stars not unlike X-Dream and goa trance. X-Dream are Jan Müller and Marcus C. Maichel and were true pioneers of the scene and like said scene, "evolved" (you snarky bastard)into whatever the hell they are now. There is a chick in the group now? Some say they are as good as ever and I say lay offum the peace pipe. But, taste can never be measured nor should it. This EP came out in the golden year 1997 and was very popular with 2 really good tracks. At least according to me.

Brain Forest- Man this is old school all the way with the slow building of things. The slowed down vocal speaks as sweeps rain down and effects trickle by like...well, raindrops. That filtered lead rises and falls back into a break only to twist and turn out of it right to the end. Pretty cool.

S.T.O.P.- Definitely in an alien land here, with effects crossing your ears and reverberating. Pure X-files vibe. A lead climbs and falls like the previous track, but this one has more atmosphere. Dark goa in every sense of the word with a deeper, more hypnotic feel. The groove near the end is very trippy as leads get stacked and I want to get my inner hippie on.

So there you go. From one of THE names in old school goa trance comes a delightful EP that has melody, atmosphere, and that classic sound many clamor for. They make "different" music now, but wouldn't it be great if they came out of nowhere and dropped an absolute cracker of a goa album. As far as this goes, I don't know where you could find it, but even if you have to download it check it out.

Mdk