Jaïa - Blue Energy

Anoebis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

have to give my two cents on that

for me aswell...one of the reasons why i listen and do this music...

Just one of the best albums ever..specaly for that time it was made.

back then it was years in front comparing to other stuff

and yep... Mai Mai is just one of my favourite tracks for ever...soo emotional...

i almost cryed when i heard the first time...

breathing ocean is aswell sooo great...huge atmospheres and spaces...a incredible deep track.

and ppl...get the Live mix of brainstorm.....hohoh..as said allredy..only on 12"

i searched like 2 years for this 12"...and it's really a absolutly powerfull track...

allin all this one of those "old" albums..i still can listen to without getting bored...only because it has so much quality and it's sooo good...

hehe...cheers

• 2 weeks later...

This album is worth getting for Brainstorm and Mai mai. Two different tracks : the first one is pure psychedelic goa trance, fast track and one of the most impressive ever made! The second one is similar to The muses rapt - Spiritual healing (the track), wonderful one!

• 2 weeks later...

IM VERY PROUD ABOUT THIS GROUP THE FIRST REASON IS THAT ONE OF THE TWO GUYS IN THIS PROJECT IS GREEK (Yannis Kamarinos and Jean Michel Blanchet) !!!!! AND THE SECOND REASON IS THAT THIS CD IS A MASTERPIECE OF OLDSCHOOL PSY-TRANCE . UNFORTUNATELY THIS KIND OF MUSIC WILL NEVER BE PRODUCED AGAIN ... :(:(:(

WE R THE LUCKY ONES THAT HAVE HEARD & BOUGHT THIS AMAZING CD ...

LONG LIVE PSY TRANCE 1995-1997 !!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

Personally, the album Blue Energy represents, for me, the golden age of Jaia, and the possibility of a perfect mixture between goa trance and ambient. The evolution of sommeil paradoxal is very emotional : the track begins slowly, then the rhythm is going a bit fast. After 5 or 6 minutes, when you're hearing the entrance of the atmospheric vibes in the background, you can feel something grandious, majestic, or imagine what "blue energy" can mean. Definitely a pure masterpiece.

Hey, Blue energy / Blue synergy is re-released in a limited press !  B)  (just check Jaia website )

379451[/snapback]

indeed and they added some new tracks that are pretty awesome,

different from their style in 1998, more psychedelic trance then goatrance

but still very uplifting and melodic,

the atmosphere is more creepy but lovely creepy,

sentences of heaven is an amazing track imo :)

• 8 months later...

Funny.. I've listened to this because I liked Fiction so much.. and this is just an AMAZING album! I love it even more than I love Fiction, which is probably in the Top 3 albums of 2005 for me :) This is just perfect. Especially the first and last tracks - the chillout tracks are so emotional and touching.. its just amazing.

Funny.. I've listened to this because I liked Fiction so much.. and this is just an AMAZING album! I love it even more than I love Fiction, which is probably in the Top 3 albums of 2005 for me :) This is just perfect. Especially the first and last tracks - the chillout tracks are so emotional and touching.. its just amazing.

625192[/snapback]

Definately. Fiction was pretty good but this album is a masterpiece. I was looking for it for quite a long time before I came across the re-release on yellow fether & I was blown away by how good it was. Usually after waiting so long I'm a little dissapointed but definately not with this.

Definately. Fiction was pretty good but this album is a masterpiece. I was looking for it for quite a long time before I came across the re-release on yellow fether & I was blown away by how good it was. Usually after waiting so long I'm a little dissapointed but definately not with this.

626535[/snapback]

Same. I heard this album in 2004 for the first time and found it superb. Sometimes I think if this music continued being produced straight from then into now ... it wouldn't be as special. We'd appreciate it less than we do.

This is a classic, very special, and one of the greatest albums ever.

• 2 weeks later...

great work, lots of variations, those melodies!

you wont get bored of this album, this is timeless.

639847[/snapback]

Definately. One of the few albums that I have listened to loads of times & still love just as much as when I first heard it. Timeless indeed

edit: it really is, listening to it right now & it fucking amazing. It actuall sounds better than when I first heard it :wub::wub::wub:

Edited by abasio

• 2 months later...

One of the best trance album I've ever heard, no doubt about it. Among the top of the top.

SOMMEIL PARADOXAL is just so beautiful... you can't even breathe for a second before these guys pull you in, to journey on. Indeed, heavenly landscapes can't help but popping into mind when you hear this. You are there! And this is the sunrise of this album.

ANAWA'S PARADISE is the morning rush of nature, everyone wakes up almost suddenly... and BREATHING OCEAN sends us flying over the water, gliding, falling, soaring, over the lakes, the seas, the oceans... seagulls among our side. Everything swims, flies, moves, crawls, squirms, runs. And then we return to the land, as in BRAINSTORM a plains fire breaks out... burning whatever is in its way. The land rages, fear its wrath!

NASTY ANGEL is the tribals raging, dancing, asking their gods for help... what a track, makes you want to breakout... and then everything is alright, and jubilation ensues as MAI MAI reaches its peak. The gods will help. And you just feel like you want to go out to the desert and dance, hands waving up into the sky, as the sun rises.. the pure joy that the melody gives is just unadulterated!

Finally, after the events of the day, the storm ushers in and breaks out in thunder and lightning as SPIRITUAL DROPS AND ETERNAL ICES commences. Rain pours, cleaning everything, swiping everything. Rivers flows, the land is cleansed.

AFTER THE RAIN, nightfall allures us in. The rain has indeed cleansed the land, nature is pulsing slowly, healthy. You float on the energy of nature, life, unity. Life is beautiful. And then the day ends...

Or does it?

Beyond words.

nearly 9 years on & this continues to get better with every listen :o

A very rare thing is an album as good as this!

If you see it (the rerelease with blue synergy is widely available) then pick it up! If you don't like it then you're into the wrong type of music to be hanging out on a psytrance forum ;)

Seriously, go get it :)

JAIA - BLUE ENERGY / BLUE SYNERGY

REVIEW

Posted Image

TRACKLIST :

CD1

1. 6:46" SOMMEIL PARADOXAL ... A-

2. 9:26" ANAWA'S PARADISE ... B / B+

3. 7:25" BREATHING OCEAN ... B+

4. 8:13" BRAINSTORM ... A

5. 9:44" NASTY ANGEL ... B+

6. 9:21" MAI MAI ... A

7. 8:59" SPIRITUAL DROPS AND ETERNAL ICES ... B / B+

8. 9:25" AFTER THE RAIN ... A-

CD2

1. SENTENCES TO HEAVEN ... B / B+

2. SILLENIUM ... B / B+

3. TIME MACHINE ... B / B+

4. KANNIBAL ... B

5. FACTORY OF MIND ... B

6. MEDITATION ... B

Blue Energyis one of the best Goatrance albums. To date it still sounds superb. The album starts and ends wonderful. There is even more beauty throughout the middle. Blue Energy is one of those magical, organic sounding goatrance albums with an accentuation on nature, spirit, body, and mind. The sound is often complex, full of harmony and emotion. This is thanks to an awesome focus and on combining and developing lush melodies and supporting ambient notes to build strong soundscapes, both GOA and other. Add floating voices, particle and atmosphere affects, tribal and ethnic influence and more, and you have one of the best albums. The artists' work on certain songs and the overall sound/style becomes a seemingly blissful sound of ethereal sound and effect to the danceable rhythm, beat, and to the ears and mind of the listener.

Blue Energy is even more rewarding for simply listening to IMO. It's a beautiful, unique, innovative, and deeply catchy piece of musical art. Some would call this a masterpiece and I wouldn't argue with them. However I do find the first album far more enjoyable than the second. Not every song I consider superb but the majority of the album is. No song is near average. Several are some of the most beautiful goatrance songs of all time.

The double CD album (BLUE ENERGY/BLUE SYNERGY) has been re-released through Saiko Sounds (for starters) along with CD 2, the ambient, experimental, and trance album. CD 2 has some interesting songs but the first CD or the original, BLUE ENERGY is the real centerpiece.

This is a classic and should be in everyones Goatrance collection.

FAVORITE SONGS CD1: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8.

A-

On the other hand I find CD2 no where near CD1. There are several good songs. However the best work is on Blue Energy. I don't have much to say about Blue Synergy right now. It's pretty good I suppose but nothing great or superb. It's just not all that eventful and engaging to me but some tracks are definitely better than others. I'd probably give Blue Synergy a B at best.

JAIA - "BLUE ENERGY / BLUE SYNERGY" (Double album) Samples / Order:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ease.asp?id=924

• 2 years later...

As for now, things are very clear in my head. There is Hallucinogen - Twisted and closely behind (almost touching it) there is Jaïa - Blue Energy.

The main thing that makes me like this album so much is the perfect journey that is conveyed throughout the tracks and the album. Unlike other super Goa Trance albums like Trust In Trance or IFO for example, the tracks are not all killer tracks. Taken separately, they perhaps wouldn't have sounded great at all, or at least they couldn't have revealed their full potential. Also, the Goa feeling is not always prevailing in the tracks. This diversity of styles and sensations is completely mastered and makes the album even more attractive. I'll just write a few words/lines about each track.

Sommeil Paradoxal could take place at approximately 5 AM of a beautiful night. Stars above us, crickets in the background and we are dreaming. It is during the Sommeil Paradoxal phase that our brain electric activity is close to the one of awakening. This track succeeds in describing this ambiguous situation. We slowly emerge, not completely relaxed yet not fully awaken. What a beautiful, entrancing track.

Anawa's Paradise announces the beginning of the upbeat part of the album. Again nature sounds start the track. Those sounds of flute, birds and tablas welcoming the kick are absolutely awesome and give an adreline punch. From then on, the track is taking off and the overall track is pretty repetitive, but always interesting, especially with its groove.

Breathing Ocean holds a special place in my heart since it is the first Jaïa track I heard. What an atmospheric track... One of the most visual ones IMO. We clearly get the vision of the ocean thanks to the waves/wind and birds sounds (subtle and not cheesy mind you ;) ). Melodic enough with an angelic voice to bring some (sun)light feelings and progressive with a relatively hard beat to show the power and the "breath" of the ocean. Up there with Chi-AD - The Ocean Also Dreams for the sensations.

With Brainstorm we enter the Goa/Psy kingdom. Wow, impressive would be quite reducing to qualify this track. Madness melodies, rhythm and sounds. This is a whirlwind which destroys everything in its path, and your brain among those things . The melodic boost at 05:48 is unbelievable and will make your heart pop out of your thorax, your body parts shake uncontrollably and your neuronal activity explode!

Nasty Angel brings some angelic nastyness :D . Very hard rhythm with agressive riffs (think Total Eclipse), yet we are not bathing in darkness. It is the dark side of the Sun if you want. Psychedelically delightful in a synthetic atmosphere.

Maï Maï is apparently some kind of Congolesian armed group, I don't know if it is the meaning of this track name (since it seems to me there are some Asian samples in the track...). Another exquisite melodic moment. The most emotional track after After The Rain IMO. Here the description "hovering above ethereal landscapes" reaches its height.

Spiritual Drops And Eternal Ices returns to roughness of sounds (a bit like Nasty Angel) but tainted with subtle melancholia which forecast the atmosphere of the last track. It is again a repetitive track, almost symmetrical to Anawa's Paradise. This is not a track I see listed among the reviewers' favourites, which I can understand. It is its hypnotic sensation that should overcome the repetitiveness and once you realise that, the beauty of the track is unveiled.

After The Rain concludes the journey with an emotional and melancholic smash. It is difficult to end an album in a better way. Quite possibly one of the best last tracks of an album ever, be it an ambient track or not. The whole journey is concluded on a message of love and harmony, all this supported by the piano notes and the enchanting nature sounds.

The tour de force of Blue Energy was to create/connect those tracks in a way that it actually seems impossible to have been done otherwise. The flow IS perfect in this album. The main theme would be some kind of story of nature, the revelation of primal forces and cycles of life. Check out advance's review which was written above - I do get the same visuals from the album. What I just said should hint at the album: it is VISUAL. Every track transports you emotionnaly to different places. I'd even dare to say that this album is less about music than the feelings you experience from it. It is not music, it is pure translation of emotions. I could go on and on about this album, but in the bottom line, you just have to experience it yourself.

Definitely a milestone in the Goa Trance and music lanscape.

My favourites: all. The ones I like to listen to separately: 2, 4, 6

• 6 years later...