Spirallianz - Blast Food

Guest dvd[at]espace-plus[dot]net

Radi's lost twin into tech-trance?

/DP

517664[/snapback]

:lol:

well, i like their both albums, bit heavy for someone if compared to goa trance, but this indeed is not goa trance, some technoish/industrial sounds here, pretty good, dont know how unique they sound among other techno/electronica artists but this is indeed a good variation if you want to try something different from usual psytrance. heavy beats, distored sounds and strong basslines, and yet manage to stay refined and not at all agressive. no excesses here :)

recomended :)

• 2 years later...

One of my favourite albums ever. what an amazing ride from start to finish except mj problem and run to the sun which are ok. very few dull moments overall. i think they took it easy towards the end because obviously didnt want people to get blown out of their wits :P

Minimal??!!!this is fuking maximal to the core .. the bass, the percussion and the melodies!!!! artists like auricular and krumelur are minimal without the heavy percussion. and who says there are no melodies .. one way ltd towards the end ... woooooohoooooo .. this shit is built for the morning dancefloor. nothing like a phatt tech trance set while the sun is rising , holding a big blunt dancing away to the pounding drum. :posford:

Go spirallianz , we want some more blast food. :D

9/10

• 8 months later...

freaking annoying imo, what the fuck is that damagable bass.

every song is like the others. this is an amazing album?

its all the same, the bass is way to proeminent, always a scratchy noise to it

can be groovy, like 2 minute into the songs, then he stick with the same thing all along

what in the fuck! this stuff is nothing but cool, its annoying, really annoying, no pleasant listening, its not fun, how can anybody like that!fuck, i really dont dig it

can be groovy, like 2 minute into the songs, then he stick with the same thing all along

what in the fuck! this stuff is nothing but cool, its annoying, really annoying, no pleasant listening, its not fun, how can anybody like that!fuck, i really dont dig it

amazable review.

Wow, just wow :rolleyes:

its the same bass every songs, seriously i listen to it three long times, and i dont get this at all. yes theres interesting moments, but you have to wait so long for them, and them it returns to his ''style'' and then you have to weait again for another good moments.

and your presumptuous comments, wow!

• 1 year later...

This album is an absolute monster. Subtle rythmic changes and freaky edges all piled on top of that fat fat driving bass. Goodness this is powerful music. You shouldn't listen to it in hope of a peak, the whole thing is a peak, writhing and twisting into the deepest realms of hypnotic trance. I prefer this over Radio, but both are classics! 10/10 !

• 5 years later...

I am hearing this album for the FIRST time in 2016 !!!

It's an interesting release.

Those who expected a GOA sound back in the day were sure to be disappointed, and likely missed everything the artist was going for (and achieved). Those who like X-Dream's Radio and The Delta (minus the too heavy bass lines in The Delta IMO) should check this out. It's a unique take on atmospheric psytrance, and probably great for dancing. The eerie, dark tone is intriguing and ominous, like a ghost train somewhat said. Well put.

Some tracks can be perceived as fairly repetitive at times, but the powerful rhythms are unique and catchy. And NO I don't find the album that repetitive. It's all a matter of perspective I suppose. There is generally much change and rhythm throughout the songs, and a few twisty/warped ones and moments that will likely arrest your attention. As with any album, one finds his/her favorites.

Of course the album's not for everyone. It's NOT melodic. NOT Goa. NOT emotive (for the most part). I think that was the misperception for some when it first released on this thread via psynews that was called goatrance (dot something) at the time back around 2000.

I like the album. It's different. But being drawn towards melodies, I enjoy the album in smaller doses. That's my biasness ;)

It's creative and unique. Give it a chance!

Stream it here:

https://youtu.be/NbvfkUUaHJw

• Like 1