diggin rotorblade..& guardian angel...

• 4 months later...
Guest Panchamk

juno reactor's sound is very special. the beautiful layers of music gently

guide your mind to various dimensions in space time. for example; while

listening to rotorblade; you feel that you're being caressed by a gentle hand;

as the flute sample kicks in; and then suddenly the song says: "some thoughts;

have a certain sound" and a electric guitar sample breaks in; and that's when

you realize that you've unconsciously started to tap your feet on the ground.

it's a pure journey from there on.

10/10 another classic must haves.

• 1 month later...
Guest Davidtolsn

hmmm.. definitely different. i would definitely not describe it as "pounding."

like other juno reactor albums i have heard it is relativley chilled out. not

to say it doesn't have energetic points. sometimes it sounds good, sometimes

it sounds bland. but there is a unique sound here, an "other worldly" one that

makes it worth the listen. my favorite is mars. 7.5/10

• 3 weeks later...

Beyond The Infinite i think is the hardest Juno's album. Most trax have

powerfull busslines with strong kicks (except Magnetic, Ice Cube & Silver wich

are not so fast) and original tribal precurisions. In all trax there are great

melodies and trippy samples which you can here nowhere else. A lot of

different live instruments are used for creating them along with very quality

sound engeniring. It may seem that all material sound simmilar, but each track

have it's own energy and arise different feelings. Unfortunatly there are no

traditional ambient track on this album. but it is An essential etnic GOA

album as all Juno Reactor's creative work. Deffenetly listen to it.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Every fooking track is a masterpiece:

1-Guardian Angel - An opening track prepares for the ultimate journey into the world of psychedelic influences

2-Magnetic - Comes with heavenly melodic intro then blasts with awesome beats and you're simply lost in dancing

3-Ice Cube - Wow! what a track! one word for it: TRIPPY

4-Feel The Universe - This one takes you as far as possible, through endless dimensions

5-Samurai - Ancient, powerful, cultural, a truly spiritual journey

6-Silver - Another dancefloor killer, building and building, building and building...

7-Rotorblade - This one's got dirtiness inside, something's coming out from the deepest shelves of your brain, but suddenly the track ends-)

8-Mars - The best track of the whole album, when it finished something stayed deep inside my soul (can't describe the feeling). Every time i listen to this album again the "feeling" comes back, this is where you can dive into psychedelic realms without help of any synthetic or organic psychoactive substances.

You may put this album at any time - it will bring cosmic energy with it.

• 1 year later...

JUNO REACTOR - BEYOND THE INFINITE

BLUE ROOM RECORDS

1995 (though my album says 1996)

Posted Image

Track listing:

01. 07'11" Guardian Angel

02. 08'08" Magnetic

03. 07'03" Ice Cube

04. 07'39" Feel The Universe

05. 06'54" Razorback

06. 08'17" Samurai

07. 06'36" Silver

08. 08'19" Rotorblade

09. 07'10" Mars

Every fooking track is a masterpiece:

1-Guardian Angel - An opening track prepares for the ultimate journey into the world of psychedelic influences

2-Magnetic - Comes with heavenly melodic intro then blasts with awesome beats and you're simply lost in dancing

3-Ice Cube - Wow! what a track! one word for it: TRIPPY

4-Feel The Universe - This one takes you as far as possible, through endless dimensions

5-Samurai - Ancient, powerful, cultural, a truly spiritual journey

6-Silver - Another dancefloor killer, building and building, building and building...

7-Rotorblade - This one's got dirtiness inside, something's coming out from the deepest shelves of your brain, but suddenly the track ends-)

8-Mars - The best track of the whole album, when it finished something stayed deep inside my soul (can't describe the feeling). Every time i listen to this album again the "feeling" comes back, this is where you can dive into psychedelic realms without help of any synthetic or organic psychoactive substances.

You may put this album at any time - it will bring cosmic energy with it.

Well said Yerg. I agree with just about everything you wrote. I decided to hear the album again this evening. All tracks are great, excellent, and/or superb. This album remains strong, vivacious, daring (adventurous), and wonderful 8 years later. I like it far more as a main album than anything they've released since Labyrinth. Even then, I like this more.

Favorite tracks: All of them.

Beyond the Infinite is my favorite album by Juno Reactor to date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Listening to it after a while, this album remains my all time favourite.

Opens with a classic Guardian Angel and ends with a Classic Mars. And it's got Ice cube, Beyond the infinite and Rotorblade in the middle.

You want nothing more than this. Just put it on and travel Beyond the Infinite.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

lolololol

From the very first review in this thread throughout all of the reviews talking about guitar, which seem to have zero understanding of some of the industrial rock roots of Goa Trance, this is an amazingly poor review thread.

No wonder the bulk of quality Goa died a dozen years ago...

lololololol

Juno Reactor's sophomore effort, 'Beyond The Infinite', is one of a kind. It's maybe the one Goa album that hews closest to its synth-pop and EBM roots, while taking it to that next level with acid-trance lines, techno strings and pads, and tribal/ethnic sounds.

'Guardian Angel' begins with ominous pads and a sample of Burt Lancaster from 'The Swimmer.' Immediately afterwards, we're whipped into a frenzy by a Front 242-esque bassline. Percussive electronic noises and frantic riffs that arc and spark keep the tension high. A little simple and straightforward, but that's what makes it a perfect introduction.

'Magnetic' is cool and seductive by comparison, with low chants sampled from the movie 'Baraka', a bubbling acid groove, and Spanish guitar-like melodies. Electronic bird calls echo and synth bleeps swim by like a school of fish, as though we were hearing the field recordings of a zoologist on a robot planet.

'Ice Cube' simmers in Yello-esque ambience before launching into a blisteringly intense run, proving that you can make a low tempo track (120, IIRC) without sacrificing ferocity.

'Feel The Universe' has an utterly gorgeous intro, with one of my favorite synth lines of all time. Some people prefer the 'Otto edit' of this track that dispenses with most of the introduction; I will never understand those people. It's like cutting the first movement of a Beethoven symphony. After the track has gathered momentum, it reaches escape velocity... industrial, found-sound percussion (SPK much?) combines with tribal drumming, alien sound effects, and Eastern European-sounding riffs in a cosmic cacophony of noise. I'd love to know where the inspiration for this track came from, it's so rich with ideas.

'Razorback', only available on the US version, is far from a filler. Cool, glassy synth lines bob and weave through pounding beats, punctuated by the occasional tribal yell. Aggression and subtlety are perfectly paired throughout.

'Samurai' is a slightly updated mix of a 1993 single by Jungle High (Ben Watkins and Johann Bley.) Juno by any other name is still Juno; this version has a little less acid-trance feel than the original and more of an industrial rock quality, which is probably Johann's sensibilities coming to the fore. Spoken-word vocals with a message of love and devotion provide the calm at the eye of the storm.

'Silver', the sole downtempo track, weaves contemplative futuristic atmospheres. More Baraka samples, monk's voices cut up and stitched together into a future-funk rhythm.

'Rotorblade' is maybe the most beloved track here, and it deserves all the praise it gets. Effervescent bass and percussion undergird gated synths, whooshing and breathing noises, and a bluesy electric guitar. All this is led by poignant electronic strings that hit you right in the feels. Powerful, mature, and complex. It mixes seamlessly into the final track, 'Mars', which takes the power, spaciness, and emotion of the previous tracks and somehow manages to sum them all up.

Can you tell I like this album?

Due to its storytelling nature, 'Beyond' is an album that works in multiple contexts, from armchair voyages and night drives to the most frenetic of dancefloors. Some tracks are a bit 'ravey' and unsubtle ('Guardian Angel', 'Samurai'), but they're balanced out by the deeper tracks, and lend their energy to the whole.

Most of all, though, I love the album for its sound design. Nothing is harsh, mechanical, or overly 'synth' sounding here. Instead, these tracks come alive, yielding up a synaesthetic fruit salad of flavors and textures that doesn't sound like anything before it or since.

There are a very few Goa releases that transcend the "Goa" or "trance" label. TIP's 'Mystical Experiences' is one of them. This is another, and deserves to be inducted into the canon of great synthesized popular music. 'Bible of Dreams' may be the album that brought Juno mainstream attention, but this remains their most accomplished and complete work.

A masterpiece that sets the bar for what a psychedelic trance album could be. 10/10

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 7/21/2015 at 10:23 AM, Blair Thaumic said:

Juno Reactor's sophomore effort, 'Beyond The Infinite', is one of a kind. It's maybe the one Goa album that hews closest to its synth-pop and EBM roots, while taking it to that next level with acid-trance lines, techno strings and pads, and tribal/ethnic sounds.

'Guardian Angel' begins with ominous pads and a sample of Burt Lancaster from 'The Swimmer.' Immediately afterwards, we're whipped into a frenzy by a Front 242-esque bassline. Percussive electronic noises and frantic riffs that arc and spark keep the tension high. A little simple and straightforward, but that's what makes it a perfect introduction.

'Magnetic' is cool and seductive by comparison, with low chants sampled from the movie 'Baraka', a bubbling acid groove, and Spanish guitar-like melodies. Electronic bird calls echo and synth bleeps swim by like a school of fish, as though we were hearing the field recordings of a zoologist on a robot planet.

'Ice Cube' simmers in Yello-esque ambience before launching into a blisteringly intense run, proving that you can make a low tempo track (120, IIRC) without sacrificing ferocity.

'Feel The Universe' has an utterly gorgeous intro, with one of my favorite synth lines of all time. Some people prefer the 'Otto edit' of this track that dispenses with most of the introduction; I will never understand those people. It's like cutting the first movement of a Beethoven symphony. After the track has gathered momentum, it reaches escape velocity... industrial, found-sound percussion (SPK much?) combines with tribal drumming, alien sound effects, and Eastern European-sounding riffs in a cosmic cacophony of noise. I'd love to know where the inspiration for this track came from, it's so rich with ideas.

'Razorback', only available on the US version, is far from a filler. Cool, glassy synth lines bob and weave through pounding beats, punctuated by the occasional tribal yell. Aggression and subtlety are perfectly paired throughout.

'Samurai' is a slightly updated mix of a 1993 single by Jungle High (Ben Watkins and Johann Bley.) Juno by any other name is still Juno; this version has a little less acid-trance feel than the original and more of an industrial rock quality, which is probably Johann's sensibilities coming to the fore. Spoken-word vocals with a message of love and devotion provide the calm at the eye of the storm.

'Silver', the sole downtempo track, weaves contemplative futuristic atmospheres. More Baraka samples, monk's voices cut up and stitched together into a future-funk rhythm.

'Rotorblade' is maybe the most beloved track here, and it deserves all the praise it gets. Effervescent bass and percussion undergird gated synths, whooshing and breathing noises, and a bluesy electric guitar. All this is led by poignant electronic strings that hit you right in the feels. Powerful, mature, and complex. It mixes seamlessly into the final track, 'Mars', which takes the power, spaciness, and emotion of the previous tracks and somehow manages to sum them all up.

Can you tell I like this album?

Due to its storytelling nature, 'Beyond' is an album that works in multiple contexts, from armchair voyages and night drives to the most frenetic of dancefloors. Some tracks are a bit 'ravey' and unsubtle ('Guardian Angel', 'Samurai'), but they're balanced out by the deeper tracks, and lend their energy to the whole.

Most of all, though, I love the album for its sound design. Nothing is harsh, mechanical, or overly 'synth' sounding here. Instead, these tracks come alive, yielding up a synaesthetic fruit salad of flavors and textures that doesn't sound like anything before it or since.

There are a very few Goa releases that transcend the "Goa" or "trance" label. TIP's 'Mystical Experiences' is one of them. This is another, and deserves to be inducted into the canon of great synthesized popular music. 'Bible of Dreams' may be the album that brought Juno mainstream attention, but this remains their most accomplished and complete work.

A masterpiece that sets the bar for what a psychedelic trance album could be. 10/10

masterpiece review!  you really understand the musik, nice one. 

Juno are one of my favourites.  For me 2, 3, 4 are the big standouts here.  I'd rate Bible, Shango and East as overall better albums but Beyond is still excellent story-telling world-building stuff...many psy albums are just a collection of dancefloor fillers, you have to search far and wide to find the ones with tales to tell.