other nice stuffs:

• 1 month later...

Here is the best chill album I heard in quite a while. Solar Fields, who is

Magnus Birgersson from Sweden, presents us with a deep psychedelic trancey

ambient CD that does beautifully just what ambient is supposed to do: be a

relaxing musical background and in the same time offer a musical landscape to

dive into with your mind. Blue Moon Station does both and in a way that makes

you experience it literally, diving into relaxed and very chilled moments only

to surface back dramatically and suck your mind and heart to alien landscapes.

Some must be mentioned highlights here are the beautiful strings peace

Elevator Sunshine Girl, the dramatic Cosmic Dessert that gives me goose bumps,

the excellent trancey Infection 268-7, my favorite and most powerful track

here- Majestic Feeling- fading and exploding dramatically again and again with

tons of feel- sends shudders down my spine every time, and the aquatic

beautiful and with a Jazzy-afternoon-feel Swimming with Stones. But it's all

just great.

Bottom line: Best psychedelic chill album I heard in a long time. A real must.

Favorites: 2, 3(!), 4, 5(!), 7(!!!), 9, 11.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lord Of Destiny

Yeeess this is a very relaxing album! This album can calm me, relax me, make me

want nothing but sit, breathe slowly and listen to it. It is indeed a very

deep and chilled album, with a lot of effects, and a lot of reverb and delay,

making for a real soundscape! (listening to this made me really understand

that word :))

I recommend it to everyone who is looking for music to really chill out on. I

can't really list my favourites here because the album is mixed together and i

usually listen it from beginning to end, without paying much attention to the

track beginnings and ends.

• 1 year later...

SOLAR FIELDS - BLUE MOON STATION

ULTIMAE RECORDS

1. CONFUSION ILLLUSION

2. ELEVATOR SUNSHINE GIRL

3. COSMIC DESSERT

4. MAGIC EYE

5. INFECTION 268-7

6. MAGNETIC AIR

7. MAJESTIC FEELING

8. BLUE MOON STATION

9. PLANET ZOO

10.THIRD TIME

11.SWIMMING WITH STONES

Here is another stunning release from the last year on Ultimae Records. This second album by Solar Fields is slightly more progressed than prevoius one and I can say even better. Here is also crystal clear production with soothing melodies and chilling atmosphere. This is after Carbon Based Lifeforms second best album from Ultimae. I like all songs and I won't go song by song. If you apppreciate your brain, you should get this album cause it is great for tuning your brain. My favourite songs are : CONFUSION ILLUSION, COSMIC DESSERT, MAGIC EYE, INFECTION 268-7 ( prog trance song ), MAGNETIC AIR, BLUE MOON STATION, PLANET ZOO...10/10

SOLAR FIELDS - BLUE MOON STATION

ULTIMAE RECORDS

1. CONFUSION ILLLUSION

2. ELEVATOR SUNSHINE GIRL

3. COSMIC DESSERT

4. MAGIC EYE

5. INFECTION 268-7

6. MAGNETIC AIR

7. MAJESTIC FEELING

8. BLUE MOON STATION

9. PLANET ZOO

10.THIRD TIME

11.SWIMMING WITH STONES

Here is another stunning release from the last year on Ultimae Records. This second album by Solar Fields is slightly more progressed than prevoius one and I can say even better. Here is also crystal clear production with soothing melodies and chilling atmosphere. This is after Carbon Based Lifeforms second best album from Ultimae. I like all songs and I won't go song by song. If you apppreciate your brain, you should get this album cause it is great for tuning your brain. My favourite songs are : CONFUSION ILLUSION, COSMIC DESSERT, MAGIC EYE, INFECTION 268-7 ( prog trance song ), MAGNETIC AIR, BLUE MOON STATION, PLANET ZOO...10/10

197971[/snapback]

And I fully agree!! Greaaaat ambient / psy-chill out if you want to call it that way... has provided me for hours of background music that relaxes and intruiges while i'm studying.. KILLER!

I must confess i am a big fan of Ultimae Crew.And after i checked Ultimae site with samples i bought every single cd.

This one from Magnus Birgersson AKA Solar Fields is unique.It differs from everything i listend for it's synthesis soundforms and shapes.Always a demanding Ambient bass tone present, a plastic (not in the wrong way) fusion of soundscapes.Exellent.The Post production is outstanding and very clear.

Tracks i elevate are COSMIC DESSERT, INFECTION 268-7 (a progressive track with actually some interest.) MAGNETIC AIR ( Very,very chillin and soothing) and finnaly ELEVATOR SUNSHINE GIRL (Fusion sound ).

Id say that if it wasnt for CBL (Carbon based lifeforms) debut this would be my chill /ambient Work for 2003. 10/10 and a must in every top shelf.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a very enjoyable release! It seems all that Solar Fields puts out just has a very high level of quality! This gets both my thumbs up, very pleasant ambient"ish experience! Still has a lot of variety to it though with more up-beat tracks like Infection 268-7... for Ultimae fans and people who likes ambient music this is really worth owning!

I haven't heard this album until now. Solar Fields has made some very good and great spacey ambient and downtempo music. I don't know if this is better than their 2005 LEAVING HOME album, but that had some traxx I found quite montonous and dry while I found several other songs really good and great.

Track 1 puts me to sleep. And I do like spacey ambient stuff when it's good but this is more some ambient piece I find boring and uninteresting..

Track 2 picks up, it's definitely more catchy.

I really like the third song. Wow!! When the music it hits I never expected it. WHAM!!! COOL sounds. Good melodies!!

Track 4 is ambient... strange sounds... birds, animals maybe? Thankfully a beat and melodic bit arrives before I lose hope that this isn't developing into something catchy.

Track 5 is very cool. I really like it... a cool ambient piece that develops into a very cool, melodic, more energetic trance/downtempo(?) song.

Track 6 is ambient... I mean AMBIENT. I generally admire their atmospheric, ambient tracks but it's usually a hit and miss with me. With track 1 on their Leaving Home album I feel like I'm floating past galaxies or space. The opening track is very dreamy on their follow-up album to this, but this ambient one is barely gripping, and not because it doesn't have a beat. This isn't floating or all that catchy to me. Some will like it but I don't.

Track 7 is another more ambient song that develops... It's more dreamy/spacey in a better (more catchy and relaxing) way.

Track 8 seems to be going somewhere for quite some time. I mean, Jesus you have to patient and it's not great but not bad either. There are some beats and strange sound that goes up and down in tempo sounds... getting repetitive.. ambience.. more ambient notes, the same beat and two-note up and down tune repeats until the song breatks out, moves forward. It's cool but not one of the best songs here IMO.

Track 9 is another floating, peaceful, relaxing ambient piece that gives birth to a beat. It stays fairly slow throughout however. It's decent I suppose.

Track 10 is also generally slower (even slower) as the album comes closer to its end. It retains a spacey feel throughout which is pretty cool. The song is alright.

Track 11 ends the album very softly, peacefully. No further words.

In conclusion, I may have to order this album. No it's not superb as a whole IMO but there are some very cool tracks here, several seem very good and great. This is definitely one of the better chill/downtempo and ambient-influenced albums of 2003. How it compared with there follow-up?...er, I think I like this one more based on samples. Leaving Home is slower sounding overall I feel. If it gets too slow, I get bored unless I'm in that rare meditation or sleepy mood, and in that case I usually just fall asleep. :D

Guys/girls, when you post a review, PLEASE add sample links below!! It's convenient for anyone who is interested in hearing the album you just reviewed!! :)

SAMPLES: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=3288

• 3 weeks later...

A really nice relaxed album. The soundscapes painted are so barren that I feel so alone in the world. I like all tracks on this album but my favourite is the last track, Swimming with Stones. I just feel a sort of helplessness when I listen to this :ph34r:

• 6 years later...

eit0Cx7.jpg

Artist: Solar Fields

Title: Blue Moon Station

Label: Ultimae Records

Date: March, 2003

01. Confusion Illusion
02. Elevator Sunshine Girl
03. Cosmic Dessert
04. Magic Eye
05. Infection 268-7
06. Magnetic Air
07. Majestic Feeling
08. Blue Moon Station (Album Version)
09. Planet Zoo
10. Third Time (A-Version)
11. Swimming With Stones

It's late.

Or very early.

The slowly approaching dawn only barely visible through closed shutters. But the darkness which occupies both extremes is palpable. My son crawls into bed beside me and nestles himself in the crook of my arm, quickly settling into a deep and restful sleep. My wife is asleep on the other side; so close yet a million miles away. There is no sound and the only movement is the perpetual slow motion spinning of the ceiling fan.

My arms fell asleep 30 minutes ago, but I don't need them. I feel nothing but the cool air and the gentle twitching of my child's REM sleep. I'm not even here. I'm on the Blue Moon Station, many miles above the planet with breathtaking views of the Earth. The music is all that matters.

It floats from gentle ambient to rhythmic downtempo with an artisans skill. Speaking in hushed tones of hyperbaric chambers and high technology automatons. Android controlled life support and terraforming machinery. It can be jarring when he catapults into his deep trance, but only in the sense that forces me to experience the story in millions of fragmented bits and bytes. My spirit drifts above my corporeal form as if to say, "Do you have any idea how spectacular this is?"

And it truly is. It's an epic lightly mixed journey more lush than a horizon full of wildflowers. A tale of perhaps the not so distant future that reveals the limitless power of mans imagination. Tracks mean nothing, mere imaginary dividers that may as well be non existent to keep the flow high above the fray. I would never wish to be blind, but right now...at this very moment...I envy the heightened senses a blind man can possess. Hyperbolic to be sure, but that's how good this is.

Masterpiece.

Psyshop

Mdk

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

This continues to hold up as a masterful sci-fi listening experience. It is just constantly evolving, using all the tools in the ambient, downtempo, progressive arsenal. And it does it seamlessly. Majestic Feeling and Planet Zoo is a perfect example. Cosmic Dessert is sublime. I know Infection 268-7 draws ire, but it has a fantastic ambient 1st half and a solid progressive trance finish.

Off topic, but...how high was I when I wrote this review?  You guys shoulda staged an intervention.