Stupid artist names!

Ormion

Nitro and Painkiller are well-known acts/DJs that have been around for years in that parallel [non-psy] universe.

but Ace Ventura is indeed one of the most uninspired names i've heard lately.. up there with Psynina.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, for me definitely Beckers ( sounds so mainstream ) and even though I like them very much and know that their name of the group is name of 60's LSD, I still find CALIFORNIA SUNSHINE pretty stupid as a trance icon name...

Guest djnemo

Lets admit it, if an artist would call themself ARTIST, that would actually be funny AND cocky as hell!

Live PA:

Artist

LOL :lol: :lol:

Here are some from me, stupid artist names and more stupid fullon fuck track names:

Mumba Jombo - Techno boom boom - Techno Boom Boom EP

Growling mad scientists - Overdose - no Rules

Charashtix - Pruble Bass - V. A. Park Avenue

Guest Cosmogenesis

"Logic Bomb" name isn't so "logic"? :blink:

Give me also the meaning of Hux Flux (I like the name but where is the sense?) :blink:

"Space Monkey" or "Space Cat"... and why not Space Dog or Space Turkey? :lol:

Here are some from me, stupid artist names and more stupid fullon fuck track names:

Mumba Jombo - Techno boom boom - Techno Boom Boom EP

Growling mad scientists - Overdose - no Rules

Charashtix - Pruble Bass - V. A. Park Avenue

484142[/snapback]

no rules imo is a great track,i am not sure if its even considered full-on by todays full-on criteria.

on the other hand GMS initiated me in this music so i cant really be objective! B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I tell this because I already know that sense doesn't exist! :P

Other stupid names: Aldoofbanga :lol: , Alien Hand Syndrome, Alpha Channel (and why not NBC? :lol: ), Alzheimer Projekt, Aspen (is it the name of a mountain in Austria?), Yellow Dwarfs :lol::lol:

But the best of the Best names: Tripwire and Dell for their genious E.P.: "Cosmic Kebab" :lol::lol::lol:

"Logic Bomb" name isn't so "logic"?  :blink:

Give me also the meaning of Hux Flux (I like the name but where is the sense?)  :blink:

"Space Monkey" or "Space Cat"... and why not Space Dog or Space Turkey?  :lol:

484241[/snapback]

Because cats are sooooooo much better, cutter and stuff! :lol:;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Because cats are sooooooo much better, cutter and stuff!  :lol:  ;)

484264[/snapback]

So, maybe you prefer "Space Safari"?

So, maybe you prefer "Space Safari"?

484279[/snapback]

Cool name but Space Cat's sound suits me more... ;)

i love Logic Bomb. plus it has a meaning as well, with 've forgotten... and hux flux i like too.. all their tracknames match the riming artistname. but maybe i'm biased about those two as well also too.

same as goes for nexus.. any word that is too obviously related to stuff like fractals, vortexes and all them 'psychedelic' words. its just not original!

something like: fatal instinct, fatal attraction, basic instinct, etc.etc. etc. there'sa LOT of them around yaknow!

Give me also the meaning of Hux Flux (I like the name but where is the sense?)  :blink:

484241[/snapback]

Hux Flux is swedish. It means something like "out of the blue", suddenly or unexpected. So it makes sense to us :)

Guest djnemo

Hux Flux is swedish. It means something like "out of the blue". So it makes sense to us :)

484349[/snapback]

Randomly out of the blue!

This are awesome intellignet easy to keep in mind names.

484356[/snapback]

why? what is the meaning of shpongle? ;)

and hallucinogen, ive thought about this before, is a pretty lame name, to be honest. i mean: seriously! :huh: it seems everybody likes his music and therefore also digs the name, but its not the most original name around, now is it?

shpongle on the other hand i dó like. what goes for hallucinogen goes for astral projection as well. or alien project or anything with alien in it. W E A K !

hallucinogen means something that produces hallucinations,naming your project hallucinogen means that the music makes you hallucinate,its nice imo!!!!

shpongle,i think it was a word that they came up while tripping....or maybe that info is just urban legend...

Guest Cosmogenesis

Doof is a little stupid name, even if I'm a big fan of his music. But why?

In german, "Doof" means something like "bastard" or "idiot" :lol:

So, he should have found a different group name when he has played live in Hamburg or Dresden in Germany!