looking for something more "melodic"

Tox

For some reason I have taken the quest upon me to buy some more melodic trance. Problem is, I'm pretty picky :) In addition to that, I'd like it to be something recent rather than a classic masterpiece.

Now what do I like? I'm looking for something along the lines of Dino Psaras' last album "Lick it" & I also like Man With No Name, old tracks aswell as new ones. Preferably not too speedy/fast or just a ton of dark feedback-noise over a heavy beat.

The last thing I bought in this genre was the Tegma album "Avant.garde"

So, do you guys have any tips on what to check out?

I refuse to believe that there's nomore good trance music being made & that I should stick to new prog or chill or collect more older stuff!

ADRENALIN DRUM - VANITY ( 2004 )

Har El Pruskky melodic progressive trance album, I am sure you'd like it if you are into melodic progressive with bits of psychedelia.

BENZA - RETROFUTURISM ( 2005 )

Another mellow psychedelic album with cute melodies around....pretty retro as the title suggests...

SHAMAN - FORETASTE ( 2004 )

Another softer progressive album with nice melodies, I can also sense that you might like it considering your taste...

VATOS LOCOS - ATTACK AND RELEASE ( 2003 )

Now this is exactly what you are looking for, smooth psychedelic progressive trance at tis best, great for chilling and morning sets...

ENJOY ! :rolleyes:B):D

Well, coming from a prog background, I think you'd appreciate Etic's latest album Feedback which fuses melodic morning trance with progressive rhythms (just like the Tegma album you mentioned yourself).

If you're looking for more downright melodic stuff (without the cheese!) I can strongly recommend you the Voice Of Cod album We Are Free and the Tron album Existence.

Going in a more uplifting morning trance direction, is Mr. Peculiar's album Mind-Dala. Spectra's Beyond Belief has some of the same qualities, though it's verging more towards full-on ( :ph34r: be careful!).

Finally I'd advise you to look into Tribal Vision stuff and Iboga Records' Set-series from 2005 (though it looks like you have #6 already). These are not melodic picks per se, but there's crossover potential like the Tegma album... :)

/DP

Thnx for the tips so far.

Yo DP: I wàs aware of the exintence of labels such as Iboga or Tribal Vision :rolleyes: (already have loads of their stuff)

No Seraph, I'm really looking for something more melodic here. Benza would be a bit to crazy I guess. Thnx for the other tips though, I'll check'em out anyway :)

So I'll check out Voice of Cod & Tron. Especially since Psyreviews gave Tron such a high score & I reckon Damion has a pretty similar taste to mine...

But, please do keep'em coming!!

Could be possible that you allready knew it but have you tried Mandylion - Toxic and Mad Contrabender - Illegal Hardwear? Both from Midjium records, I really like them. Somwhat progressive but also very melodic.

VOC melodic?? The only track track that had a melody was the Just a ride remix, the rest was more psy-funk or whatever.

451817[/snapback]

:blink:

[checks Cubase files for missing melodies]

Top 'o the morning to y'all!

So once again, thnx everybody for the tips on progressive trance with melodies, but I'm really looking for good, no: great psychedelic trance (incl melodies du-uh :) ). So indeed, Silicon Sound & Protoculture fit this description, but I've never been blown away by their stuff in the past...

vibe tribe & bizarre contact maybe,

They come close to Dino psaras

452489[/snapback]

He Daniel? Are you serious? I'm talking about Dino Psaras' 2003 album "Lick it" not some kind of stupid "bulletproof-rmx" or something else he does today...

"Vibe tribe & Bizarre contact" are totaly NOT what I'm looking for, nor is Astrix or Infuckted for that matter :)

Have you tried the new Element album? It has some nice moments imho.

Top 'o the morning to y'all!

So once again, thnx everybody for the tips on progressive trance with melodies, but I'm really looking for good, no: great psychedelic trance (incl melodies du-uh :) ). So indeed, Silicon Sound & Protoculture fit this description, but I've never been blown away by their stuff in the past...

452452[/snapback]

So, I take you didn't take my recommendations in considering ? Gee thanks... :P;)

How about Sensum´s album realesed last year on zma,I dont remember the name but it´s proggy/melodic in a nice floating way. :rolleyes:

483983[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah, NOCTURNAL TRANSMISSIONS was very good mellow album....you are right...;)

I've got antoher one, maybe it's not progressive enough but I sort of re-discovered that album today: Arkanoid - Best Off. I especially love the Walking On Air track but the rest is also very nice.

I know alot of progressive lovers that liked khetzal because so many tracks are rather downtempo, give it a try, it is rather dreamy and not always too crazy...

Else old Elysium will fit your taste for sure, or try the first 2 Nataraja cds