The "Phoenix Labels"

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hello my psy-brothers! I want to ask, to all of you, a simple question for tonight: in your opinion, which old deceased labels would you like or deserve to come back in the goa/psy scene?

Personnaly, I vote for Novatekk Records, Flying Rhino, Koyotte, Blue Moon Productions, and now Spirit Zone which has passed away recently. Certainly, I have forgotten other great labels ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Nova Tekk for albums... some classic early minimal and new school goa (Ra) as well as some older goodies but I have most of the Tantrance and Pulse compilations now so not big deal...

My number one would be Flying Rhino for sure... their compilatios were the future of psytrance....

Flying Rhino always stays number one, then there is Matsuri, Tatsu and last but not least Novatekk which had a huge amount of releases, half crap, half top, roughly speaking. Is Plastik Park still active? I guess, but I would like them to revive their dark minimal sound of "Progopoly", which was their best release by far imo.

edit: How could I forget Creamcrop rec, I loved every single release they put out, quality techy stuff... come back!!

For one: Plastik Park is still active & releases quality progressive trance with a more housy flavour! A great compilations by Sally Doollally was their last effort...

So for me bring back: Spirit Zone, Flying Rhino, Distance, Tatsu...

Guest djnemo

BLUE ROOM!

Just not Flying Rhino. One good album on a whole label.  <_<

452460[/snapback]

You were 11 when flying released their first record, right?!

Guest djnemo

and...?

452523[/snapback]

1. I didnt speak to you.

2. If you would have experienced the music back then, like for instance me, then you would have a complete diffrent view on music from then. A view that you possibly CANT have if you were not listening to it.

3. It was not a critic, I just want to make a point, that many people of todays school simply dont understand the school of the past.

4. Stop spamming reger

everything when being critisized is gotta be critisized within its context (space/time) according to me. So Nemo has a very good point.

I would be happy if flying rhino was back with their attitude, then we would be having those unusual, experimental, interesting and good releases we were looking for now. Same goes for the blue room. I do not want them to be back with the old music but with the old attitude.

Actually I always think now, that something as strong may have started and I am not aware. In 90s not much people were aware of this music, , and these guys were pumping.

1. I didnt speak to you.

2. If you would have experienced the music back then, like for instance me, then you would have a complete diffrent view on music from then. A view that you possibly CANT have if you were not listening to it.

3. It was not a critic, I just want to make a point, that many people of todays school simply dont understand the school of the past.

4. Stop spamming reger

452528[/snapback]

1. so what, this is public forum afterall and i just wanted to know what you meant with that remark about his age back then

2. im sure youre not talking about me :)

3. yes.

4. i dont. ?

Guest djnemo

1. so what, this is public forum afterall and i just wanted to know what you meant with that remark about his age back then

2. im sure youre not talking about me :)

3. yes.

4. i dont. ?

452534[/snapback]

1. Yes, but you always stick your butt into everything that doesnt concern you ;)

2. I dont know your background, so, no, see 1 from my previous post, I wasnt talking to you.

3. yes what? It wassnt a critic, read my post better, and also see el brujos post, which was a PERFECT follow up to my post.

4. yes you do, but you have spammed less the last weeks, maybe you have more of a life at the moment? I dont know ;)

1. Yes, but you always stick your butt into everything that doesnt concern you ;)

2. I dont know your background, so, no, see 1 from my previous post, I wasnt talking to you.

3. yes what? It wassnt a critic, read my post better, and also see el brujos post, which was a PERFECT follow up to my post.

4. yes you do, but you have spammed less the last weeks, maybe you have more of a life at the moment? I dont know ;)

452536[/snapback]

1. no i dont so...

2. i know that you were not.

3. yes, i agree with you, thats what i meant, not vice versa.

4. everyone spams in one way ore another, since when we are so picky? oh well, who cares...

anyway, im finding psynews recent weeks too boring and with too much of pointless threads.

Guest djnemo

I don't believe in that "you only hear the glory if you were there" bullshit.

452750[/snapback]

thats because you werent there, and thats indeed not really what I meant ;)

imo its more about personal taste, attitude, tolerance, understanding and will.

if you dont like something just because its old or aged doesnt mean that it really is :).

understanding or trying to understand or being part of it changes things for you... afterall there is timeless music, no matter what genre or year.

IMO

blue room and flying rino!!!

and about the new scjool not understanding the old school:

i am completely the opposite,every single friend of mine that listens to psy(almost everyone i know is in some form of eloctronic music) they are jumping up and down on skazi and astrix and other cheesy boom boom boom songs,munching in pill like its candy(i did my share of drugs too,but i quitted some time ago,but i never did the stupid stuff they do) and gatting busted one after the other.

anw my point is that everubody i know of my age listens to crap full-on(real crap) and i go mad for the older stuff and chillout...wtf is wrong with me?? :blink::P

Guest djnemo

i am completely the opposite,every single friend of mine that listens to psy(almost everyone i know is in some form of eloctronic music) they are jumping up and down on skazi and astrix and other cheesy boom boom boom songs,munching in pill like its candy(i did my share of drugs too,but i quitted some time ago,but i never did the stupid stuff they do) and  gatting busted one after the other.

anw my point is that everubody i know of my age listens to crap full-on(real crap) and i go mad for the older stuff and chillout...wtf is wrong with me?? :blink:  :P

452812[/snapback]

Nothing is wrong with you, nor your friends, you simply have diffrent taste :D

i am completely the opposite,every single friend of mine that listens to psy(almost everyone i know is in some form of eloctronic music) they are jumping up and down on skazi and astrix and other cheesy boom boom boom songs,munching in pill like its candy(i did my share of drugs too,but i quitted some time ago,but i never did the stupid stuff they do) and  gatting busted one after the other.

anw my point is that everubody i know of my age listens to crap full-on(real crap) and i go mad for the older stuff and chillout...wtf is wrong with me?? :blink:  :P

452812[/snapback]

youre obviously an old grandpa from some cave somewhere in greece :P ...

:D