The Greed Album Sucks!

GaySatanicHippie

I just got the new Greed album two days ago, and so far from a few listens it really utterly sucks. I didnt expect that at all, is it just me or what?

I havent listened to it enough to write a bad review, but I feel very tempted to start the shredder immediately!

449863[/snapback]

It's just you.

i wont lie to ya,its not the best release ever,but it certanly doesnt suck.

what surprised me at first was the sound of the album,very strange and dry in a way,but it kinda grows on ya,and if youre into this style youre bound to like it eventually.

tracks 1,3 and 6 are pretty cool(track one already released on Street art of tribal vision,great track).

But again,this is not an easy album to get into.

It's just you.

i wont lie to ya,its not the best release ever,but it certanly doesnt suck.

what surprised me at first was the sound of the album,very strange and dry in a way,but it kinda grows on ya,and if youre into this style youre bound to like it eventually.

tracks 1,3 and 6 are pretty cool(track one already released on Street art of tribal vision,great track).

But again,this is not an easy album to get into.

449868[/snapback]

Yeah, the sound is so muddy and "undefined", I am really into this style but I cant get myself to like it. Maybe it will grow on me, but I really expected more from greed. Also it is so saccharine and cheesy at times, it just really annoys me.

I think its quite nice actually! :) very nice evolving sound in most of the tracks and he definately has a recognizable own style!

Favourites: 2,3,6,7

Give it another try mr Hippie! It may indeed grow on you ;)

It isn't the amazing album I was expecting, but it's certainly not bad either. "Rolling Hills", the Absolut-collaboration and the Atmos-remix are my favourites so far.

449934[/snapback]

i agree!!!

its no so bad!!! its simple nice album with verry good tracks inside :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think maybe you are too harsh... I just got it and have to say it has a very nice presentation and personal message from the artist, with some details about the story behind each track written in a very open way... already giving a lot of depth to the release. The sounds are pretty dry and very "proggy" but this is what I was looking for when I decided to pick it up... it doesn't seem to have much of the psychedelic flavour, but I guess that's why it's on ACDC, right? I also like how Sonic Cube II is white, and this is black... a nice contrast, I wonder if it's intentional? I guess I'll find out how this hold up under repeated listening...