"All the psy worth listening equals like... 50 CDs

Cinos

I've realized that... old or new, all the psy ever released is very similar to... all the psy ever released. Every track is too alike the other, and innovation is minimal.

Every good track ever made in this scene could fit on ~50 CDs. :(

Guest Astro Cortex

Well I wouldn't put it as radically, but you sure have a point there. It's probably one of the reasons why I mostly listen to other genres these days. There would be a serious lack of variation to me if I'd still listen to psy only. However, I'd possibly think differently about that if I hadn't discovered psy so long ago. So, it's totally normal if you get tired of a genre at some point, even if there's loads of "good" music released in that genre.

I've realized that... old or new, all the psy ever released is very similar to... all the psy ever released. Every track is too alike the other, and innovation is minimal.

Every good track ever made in this scene could fit on ~50 CDs.  :(

449538[/snapback]

Well that's almost my opinion, though I'd say about 100 cds or something...

Dunno...

I've been getting more and more into non-psy artists, and never before has music sounded so juicy.

Enigma, Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, even some Stone Roses. :)

Well, I kinda agree. Been a while since I was very interested in new psy releases. There's some good stuff released now and then, but 99% is dull as f*ck. Even prog-psy, which I was heavily into for a while, bores the hell out of me nowadays. There's lots of genres within EDM that are more interesting than psy, that's for sure.

but we psytrancers dont like inovations :(

Inst thats why you guys ask for that oldscholl sound everytime? :unsure:

I recently discovered that i dont like psy/goa or whatever. What i like is minimal orchestral Tech-trance

now...that is a genre you cant get enough

*Sings

Prez gorite, prez poliata,

Pod zvezdite, nad zhitata

Shte patuvat prez noshta,

Risuvat prez denia i shte spiat do obed

Viatarat gi bruli na srebaren MZ

I shte piat gorski chai ot zlaten samovar

Litsata im greiat s ognenen zagar.

Full-on = boring to listen at home, dont mind at parties

Progressive = boring at home and at parties! (Sorry but is the truth)

Chill-out = Great at home and at parties..

Im going to keep listening to chill heh..

edit:

Newschool Goa = There are some great tunes to listen to when at home, but never plays in parties :(

Oldschool Goa = Same as above

Oldschool Psytrance = listening to bust a move in a party was awesome, considering that brazilians love full-on

Every good track ever made in this scene could fit on ~50 CDs.  :(

449538[/snapback]

Hmmm <_<

Maybe even less CDs IMO :)

Psychill tends to be more inovative than psytrance, but even there are some very boring clichés...

I think there is a lot of difference and in my opinion the old psytrance is far to different. For example you play a newbie infected mushroom and another guy play´s him green nuns of the revolution and another one plays him hallucinogen - Twisted, he would think all the cd´s are different genre´s so i don´t think there isn´t difference between the artists.

Guest Astro Cortex

I think there is a lot of difference and in my opinion the old psytrance is far to different. For example you play a newbie infected mushroom and another guy play´s him green nuns of the revolution and another one plays him hallucinogen - Twisted, he would think all the cd´s are different genre´s so i don´t think there isn´t difference between the artists.

449604[/snapback]

Believe me, the more music you listen to the smaller the differences within the particular genres appear to you - relatively that is. It's a fact.

I have this weird complex, thinking that i shouldn't admire psytrance artists, because they just follow a formula, and if it turns out good, it's thanks to the formula and not their creative minds.

And i think that's quite correct with like 80% of the music almost :S

But it can still be allright to listen too.

I agree with cinos on the "juicy" part :)

it's true something new and unheard is always juicy. Just think the moment you first heard goa ;)

I move slowly, I wanna keep that "oh whouw, this is new!"-feeling in music for a looong time. :)

449625[/snapback]

I feel this feeling on every undiscovered simon Posford tune.

luckily there are still such unique gems as (for example) Orichalcum & The Deviant album, Sandman - Witchcraft... ;)