Tempestuous G - Outer Realm

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hello to all goa lovers! You can listen the original version of Tempestuous G called "Outer Realm" on his acidplanet community webpage. He has compared both versions (the original and the new version with Synogen as GreenScape). So, he ask this to all of us, and particulary to the true goa listeners: "i was listening and it sounded like it lost intensity after the remaster, so could you please let me know what you think???

There are the links for the two masters of the tune, and compare them:

1/ Original version

2/ Synogen's collaboration version

After 4 listenings for both tracks, my opinion is that the original version is more powerful, because the "astral" melodic vibes and the strong basslines are more present during the track. Especially when the complex "astral" vibes make a big impact at around 3:46, contrary to the recent version. IMO, they enter at that moment a bit slowly, without transition, without the same energy or tension like the original version. That's why maybe the new version lost his density...

But, I'm waiting for the opinion of artists to better explain this with specific technical terms to help more Tempestuous G in his production. :D

lol Jeremy you coulda just talked to me if there were probs with the mixing I did =P What I did was balance the sounds so they are all level and corrected some frequencies that were cluttering - you can still go into your track and raise volume levels to get what you were looking for.

I prefer the second version due to clearer and more balanced volume levels. If you are looking for volume just turn up your speakers, the first is louder yes, but at the expensive of alot of compressors and EQ chains you had

Jeremy if you're looking for the harshness in the first version, turn down the bass and raise the lead volume, I adjusted those when I helped you out since Astral Projection has a softer sound and you were aiming for that with your track.

Up to you though, adjust as you see fit. If you want the volume back, try doing a normalize pass on the version I mixed for you since the volume on that one stays fairly constant at around 75% of its volume.

Guest Cosmogenesis

Hey Synogen, I really hope that I haven't created problems between you and Tempestuous G with this topic. I have simply made a link with the acidplanet webpage in order to report the comments of Tempestuous G on his original "outer realm" track, as you have asked me everytime I find new interesting tune on the acidplanet community ! ;);)

Sorry if I have made a mistake! :(

Guest Cosmogenesis

Ok Synogen, happy to learn there is no problem!

I'm waiting now for reviews of psynews co-members about the "Outer realm" track, to give us a little their impressions, their comments, their feelings. But as you can see, they are keeping silent ! But in the fact, it seems they are sleeping...