Best Schlabbaduerst Rekkords comp

Time_Trap

I admit it's not all good. Some stuff is admittedly evil for evil's sake and a bit noisy, instead of just punk like much of the rest of it. But there are some tracks on these compilations that blow away the vast majority of the new stuff I've heard, especially the tracks by Ka-Sol and Battle of the Future Buddhas, as well as their collaborative efforts and D-Dave by himself.

(I would kill for a D-Dave/Ka-Sol album.)

I also really love what the Schlab label stands for. Totally underground, raw, and genuine. No fancy artwork, just colors and simplicity that lets the music speak for itself. Not trying to sell a million copies. Not too much polish or politics. Just good, powerful music.

I look forward to these releases as much as just about anything else. Every one is a gem in its own way.

• 6 months later...

Schlabbaduerst 007 really kicks ass for me! It was a long time I haven't heard Battle of The Future Buddhas before this compilation, and their new sounds are excellent according to me!  :)  :)

447398[/snapback]

wow, I didn't expect you to like that style of psychedelic ,having read some of your posts..! :)

btw, for me it goes something like:

1)Schlab 2

2)Schlab 5 or 1

3)Schlab 1 or 5

4)Schlab 6

5)Schlab 7 or 3

6)Schlab 3 or 7

7)Schlab 4

I also really love what the Schlab label stands for. Totally underground, raw, and genuine. No fancy artwork, just colors and simplicity that lets the music speak for itself. Not trying to sell a million copies. Not too much polish or politics. Just good, powerful music.

537619[/snapback]

-_--_--_-

WORDZ.

• 3 weeks later...