Listing BPM *and* Key Values in CD Booklets

fohat

in addition to the harmonic mixing topic we had here lately, i discovered something yesterday which is imo a big step forward in providing good service for original cd buyers: inside the booklet of the actual s-range remix cd, the track listing contains not only track names and bpm values it contains also the listing of the keys of the tracks.

is this new? are there any other releases containing this kind of information inside booklets? although i just started to be interested in this harmonic mixing thing, i would be really happy if this will be standard in the future.

I really like that! :) The PBMs I've seen in several CDs but not the keys. That's really special but very usefull.

That is actually a pretty good idea, even if these values can be found out through simple experimentation. Although for key signature, I don't think some of these new teen-bopper Fruityloops producers would actually know what it is. Alright, excuse my mild humour.

If you play a set in only a key it gets kinda boring doesnt it?

446452[/snapback]

it depends. if you play only a couple of tracks within the same key area (or fitting keys) before changing to another key area with a couple of tracks you have enough variety but still kind of harmonic flow.

That is actually a pretty good idea, even if these values can be found out through simple experimentation. Although for key signature, I don't think some of these new teen-bopper Fruityloops producers would actually know what it is. Alright, excuse my mild humour.

446404[/snapback]

Not necessarily. I studied music for a year now and i still have no idea how can i hear the key of the tune. Some people do it from the birth and for some people it takes years of training.

Not necessarily. I studied music for a year now and i still have no idea how can i hear the key of the tune. Some people do it from the birth and for some people it takes years of training.

446897[/snapback]

You missed the point. If you use FLS, you're a tonedeath skazi wannabe, if you use cubase or logic you got perfect pitch.

It's also like that in the Voice of Cod album.

445534[/snapback]

The Voice of Cod album goes a step further, and gives you to-scale pictures of the audio waveform of each tune (with a scale calibrated in minutes across the top) so DJs can see how each track flows... as far as I know, Liquid Ross and I came up with the idea of putting track keys on the artwork independantly; however the waveform idea is all mine :D

446897[/snapback]

give it another year and see what happens. ;)

Or actually train your ears.. There is something called Golden Ears Audio Eartraining that can train your ears so you can have perfect pitch, or at least the closest someone can have.

=)

Or actually train your ears.. There is something called Golden Ears Audio Eartraining that can train your ears so you can have perfect pitch, or at least the closest someone can have.

=)

447145[/snapback]

huh, that's cool, i'd like to check this out.

when i was a kid studying music they'd make us learn the sound of different notes, keys, time signatures, and chord progressions, literally hundreds if not thousands of them. Then they'd play melodies and chords back to us and have us write them down in notation without seeing what was played.. it was really hard, but i guess it trains the ear pretty well.

inside the booklet of the actual s-range remix cd, the track listing contains not only track names and bpm values it contains also the listing of the keys of the tracks.

Aha, I see, so that's those letters ... Ialready thought about asking here :D

interesting

it's the first CD I see with such thing!