Hello SANDMAN

NT

Calling a song "Night Tripper" and make it sound like this:

http://ip23.dyn181.pacific.net.hk/28805.m3u

Ive lost faith.... night tripper, yeah right! Nothing dark or 'night' about this one... thanks for the full-on crap... what the hell are you doing Izik... do you love to sound like everyone else? I'M SO FED UP WITH THIS! The one LAST hope i had in oldschool producers was YOU! But you blew it!... WHY!?

Guest The Journey Man Project

was even tempted to purchase from the samples on Saikosounds... his earlier works were madness, not neccesaril dark but had a very sci-fi feel to them which has been lost... this sounds like a mix of both Green House Effect and Sandman, not really the Sandman feel... strange that many of you have not yet learnt to keep your hopes very low when old school producers come back now-a-days... it's about $$$ not about music :angry: ...

expected the uniq sandman sound&style!

it didnt have to be "old school goa style" but atleast not fullon...

443292[/snapback]

That's the sound of today and if he wishes to be played on parties he has to be updated. Today's night time music is totally different to what he was doing back in the days. In any case it could be much worse, just hear the latest Astral Projection output.

I never quite understood the hype around Izik. He definitely had a unique style with Witchcraft and other tracks from those days, and some tracks were really cool, but I always found his music empty in a way. And Psycho Toons in my opinion was not a very good album at all. Green House Effect, on the other hand, has some of his best work, even if it's a different style. Anyway, he seems to shift his style according to trends, which is dubious.

That's the sound of today and if he wishes to be played on parties he has to be updated. Today's night time music is totally different to what he was doing back in the days. In any case it could be much worse, just hear the latest Astral Projection output.

443301[/snapback]

What the hell has Astral Projection been doing for the last five or six years anyway? I stopped paying attention after that one crap album - I even forget what it was called - with Trance Dance and Mahadeva '99 or whatever it was.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Today if you still want to listen to good old school productions you need to check the new young goa artists (Filteria, Binari Sky, Digicult, Khetzal...), forget all the glorious past names, i think it'll be the same for the come-back of Transwave : don't expect their sound to be like as good or goa as it used to be.

What the hell has Astral Projection been doing for the last five or six years anyway? I stopped paying attention after that one crap album - I even forget what it was called - with Trance Dance and Mahadeva '99 or whatever it was.

443308[/snapback]

Another world album. It was half decent. The fall started with Amen, continued with Ten and they hit the bottom when they collaborated with the Israeli pop sensation Roni Superstar. Oh wait, it was followed by this immidiate classic:

http://www.discogs.com/release/597358

Posted Image

Guest Cosmogenesis

IMO Another World was a very good album. But I agree with you: the fall has started with Amen, even if there is some interesting tracks inside. But DJ Condom!! What can I say? I think that Astral Projection have created this tune in 5 or 10 minutes! All astral fans must forget this very poor and mediocre piece, if they want to hope that Astral Projection will make with open society album a fabolous comeback to their origins :(:(

Another world album. It was half decent. The fall started with Amen, continued with Ten and they hit the bottom when they collaborated with the Israeli pop sensation Roni Superstar. Oh wait, it was followed by this immidiate classic:

http://www.discogs.com/release/597358

Posted Image

443312[/snapback]

please tell me this is a joke...

I wasnt very big fan of Sandman's music but his Green House Effect project is for me one of the best projects ever appeared on the trance scene.I even liked the tune he released on Full On 7 compilation along with Xerox and Illumination if i am not mistaken.

The guy surely knows his job but seems that after his lost time dissappearence wants to follow todays trends in order to built his name again.

Lets wait and see,this is just the beggining after all.

Guest Cosmogenesis

ah but aparently it was simply there as an anti-aids campaign, it wasn't sold in shops or anything so I guess it's still acceptable :)

443336[/snapback]

To help really the anti-aids campaign, Astral Projection should have created something like "mahadeva" or "kabalah", but this track... In their website, they've said that "DJ Condom" is a free track. You know now the reason: there is no quality there, and especially when the track is during only 4:47 time long.

well yeah that's kindof the way all charity work is done: you have a really crappy piece of music and get well-known artists to perform it... Michael Jackson did this for Live Aid 20 years ago and the formula still works :)

Anyway, as long as it wasn't intended to actually be sold I think we can just ignore it :)

I remember Izik posted links to some samples from his "new album" about three years ago here. They sounded good old Sandman style and nothing like this (generic full-on).

Maybe he saves more unique stuff for his album and releases more commercial stuff on compilations. So far before these new tracks I have always liked more the stuff he has released on compilations (Highway 101, End Of The World, Starfinder, The Dark Side, etc.. )