Yet another psyshop order...

Shaft

My days here seem to be less frequent and I can't really apologise. Psynews isn't as big a part of me as it was a few months back - I will still come here for music advice and tips (perhaps to showcase some of my work at some point), browse through the reviews etc but posting here everyday doesn't seem like a path I want to go down for now.

As I find myself sitting in a deep pool of creative ideas, letting musical thoughts float by me and visualising graphic designs I find that the time has come for some fresh inspiration.

In other words, I need some more tunes. I'm doing another Psyshop order and I just want to see if there is any ambient albums you can recommend to me. Don't recommend stuff that's already in my Discogs please. :)

So far I've decided to go on:

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Hallucinogen - In Dub

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

Infected Mushroom - B.P Empire

Note that these above I've put off buying for a while now, don't recommend me any more psytrance please

And for ambient so far:

Kaya Project - Elixir

Elemental Journey - Absolute Ambient Vol2

H.U.V.A Network - Distances

V/A Soul Vibration

I noticed that Interchill have a new compilation coming soon and that will probably be in the next order - same with Chill Tribe. I can't wait for the new one PKS! :)

So yeah, if there is any new stuff or old stuff you can recommend that isn't in my Discogs then just post here. It HAS to be in stock in Psyshop. I'm not buying from Saiko for this order.

Thanks.

Awesome CD. I bought it a few months back and i still listen to it occationally. Only 5 tracks, but the whole CD is of the best quality. 9/10. maybe even 9.5?

441802[/snapback]

I know, you do go on about it a lot. :)

So I was just curious when I saw you posting it in probably every ambient recommendation thread. ;)

I recently bought (from saiko admittedly) jairamji's album 'kindred spirits' which is really nice..sort of more organic than a lot of the psyambient i've been listening to lately. other stuff on Dakini records like makyo and padmasana are getting plenty of spins too. i've just heard too much psy-ambient recently i suppose.

For nice deep ambient I suggest you check out:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_la...sp?label_id=737

star with the 3 compilations and let it flor from there, if you liked the Absolute Ambient and Ishq style you'll enjoy this...

442002[/snapback]

Nice. I might get some of that if Secede gets back in stock at Saiko, currently they're out of stock... :(

Why not try some ambient stuff from www.steveroach.com ??

anything i've heard is top quality :)

Anyways

regarding "psychill" i would recommend you GALAXY [aka Boris Blenn aka Electric Universe, it's his chill sideproject]

GALAXY - ANGEL (1998)

GALAXY - SCIENCE OF ECSTACY (2004)

GALAXY - ANGEL (1998)

Seconded!

But that'll be a bit hard to find I think.

Have you checked out any of seb taylors(kaya project) sideprojects?

If you havent, then try to find some samples of a project called Angel Tears.

Maybe also check out Aes Dana which is half of H.U.V.A Network. Samples can be found at saikosounds.

Else there is a new Biosphere album out I think, havent heard so cant recommend it, however it is normally top notch stuff imho.

Peace

Anyways

regarding "psychill" i would recommend you GALAXY [aka Boris Blenn aka Electric Universe, it's his chill sideproject]

GALAXY - ANGEL (1998)

442946[/snapback]

AND don't foget aka PARADISE CONNECTION :>

Aaron

Guest The Journey Man Project

Didn't really get into much of Kaya Project... got all the albums but I prefer mostly the tracks off compilations... not saying it isn't good, just never quite clicked... I must say on the Fear Factory Remanufacture album (Demanufacture remixed)... the remix of "A Therapy For Pain" and "Piss Christ" were very talented ambient mixes done by Rhys Fulber (FLA etc)... it's a pretty good album of experimental remixing of heavy metal to electroninc music, tho a couple of the gabba tracks are one off listene, ut Rhys Fulber did loads of excellent industrial remixes of about 5 tracks...

I'm totally out of the loop with psy ambient/chillout stuff these days. I gave up a while ago when it all started sounding the same. If I were you I'd skip Psyshop, hop on over to Sending Orbs and buy all three of their releases: Kettel, Secede and Funckarma.

Anyways

GALAXY - ANGEL (1998)

442946[/snapback]

I have Empetus by Steve, I'll go dig around for some of his other stuff - I think Amazon have a lot by him. I'll check out GALAXY too later. :)

Have you checked out any of seb taylors(kaya project) sideprojects?

If you havent, then try to find some samples of a project called Angel Tears.

Maybe also check out Aes Dana which is half of H.U.V.A Network. Samples can be found at saikosounds.

Else there is a new Biosphere album out I think, havent heard so cant recommend it, however it is normally top notch stuff imho.

Peace

443011[/snapback]

Aes Dana is okay - nothing special in my eyes. But I like the sound of HUVA Network. I have Substrata by Biosphere, maybe I should check out the stuff on Psyshop too?

Va- A Magical Journey (Ajana Records) http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/aja/aja1cd001.html

Kick Bong- A Cup of Tea (Ultra Vista)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ult/ult1cd009.html

Cell- Phonic Peace (Indica Music)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ini/ini1cd002.html

443098[/snapback]

Cell is one I want, but that's out of stock. Kick Bong is far too trancey for downtempo, and far too downtempo for trance... It's a weird one, I like some of his tracks but I don't think his album is for me. A Magical Journey looks like a mixed bag...

I really enjoy Sasha Airdrawndagger.

443122[/snapback]

Got that one already.

I'm totally out of the loop with psy ambient/chillout stuff these days. I gave up a while ago when it all started sounding the same. If I were you I'd skip Psyshop, hop on over to Sending Orbs and buy all three of their releases: Kettel, Secede and Funckarma.

443306[/snapback]

Some of it's still good. :)

Though I'm finding less and less good stuff now that I've had more experience with the genre.

i propose u all ultimae records releases!!! :D

443445[/snapback]

Easier said than done of course. :) I have a few Ultimae releases...

both albums by Woob are very good.

Bonobo - Dial M for Monkey is excellent.

and if you want recommendations for glitch-bient and dub, i'd be more than happy to provide. :)

Ben, did you order already?

If not, you can save some dough by ordering from Play.com which offer free shipping...

Sure, individually the CDs might be cheaper @ Psyshop, but including shipping, Play will save you a little... The have most Hallucinogen + Infected in stock... ;)

i just saw that you already have Left Coast Liquid and Albedo, so i'll shut up ...

443566[/snapback]

I have both but I haven't got around to listening and appreciating them fully yet... Early scans through the tracks were good, just need to listen to them in their full length...

and if you want recommendations for glitch-bient and dub, i'd be more than happy to provide. :)

443598[/snapback]

Glitch-bient? I've heard of glitch before, but not heard any tracks... I'd like some recommendations though, I'm willing to try new things. :)

Ben, did you order already?

If not, you can save some dough by ordering from Play.com which offer free shipping...

Sure, individually the CDs might be cheaper @ Psyshop, but including shipping, Play will save you a little... The have most Hallucinogen + Infected in stock...  ;)

443603[/snapback]

Now you tell me! :D

I've already ordered - but I like Psyshop, they're very fast when I ordered from them (ordered twice before - the 2nd time we had some trouble with DHL - they didn't drop off the package at our house - they kept it in their warehouse and eventually shipped it back to Psyshop who sent it back here... complicated! :lol:) - the prices are fair (usally £9.20/CD inc. shipping if you buy in bulk) and they have a good catalogue.

Besides I think that those will be the only IM albums I get (Gathering isn't melodic enough) - we'll see about getting the other hallucinogen album, I only really bought Twisted because I like the track L.S.D (though I'm sure the rest is better)...

I'm pretty picky when it comes to trance as a lot of it can sound the same - I enjoy diversity in music rather than repetition - but it's all a mood thing I guess.

I am getting Dancing Galaxy (Astral P) from Aaron, which should be great (I love Astral's melodies) - but I'm not enough of a trancehead to be buying more trance than downtempo! :)

Gawd, I wrote an essay... :lol:

some glitchy, leftfield, and idm chill stuff i like:

Lusine

Apparat

Tipper

Machine Drum

High Tone

Monolake

Science Fiction

Proem

Four Tet - Everything ecstatic

Murcof

Brothomstates

Burnt Friedman

Kid 606 - Resilience

Sutekh

Matmos

Plaid

for glitch, IDM, breaks, dubby, experimental... there is Clima records, Object, Rump, Databloem, Cosmic leaf... hmm... hard too remember now..

my roomate had a bunch that stuff it was great intro... i took a couple of them as well :rolleyes:

he stole my zero 7 cd so is all good

I have both but I haven't got around to listening and appreciating them fully yet... Early scans through the tracks were good, just need to listen to them in their full length...

443643[/snapback]

boy, what's wrong with you.

:rolleyes: