Buying Trip

niobium

Suppose I had a wad of cash like those mafia guys - you know, no wallet

just like a WAD of like 4K or something.

Where would be some good (perhaps obscure) places to go find rare Goa Trance

CDs. I mean a physical, geographical location, and NOT a Goa crack house.

Something original..ish...

I found my gold mine last week while searching for a diet book in a local book store right in the city (Santa Cruz). They sell mostly second hand media (at least DVD, CD, records and (e)books), but some are new. My mistake was to took for the "goa trance" genre which genre didn't exist. My girlfriend reminded me to search for "psychedelic trance" and there it all was. About 100 in total. Small archive compared to the other genres. $2-4 for an EP, $5-10 for an LP. Even European stuff. Mostly old, some new too. Early Flying Rhino and Blue Room. Didn't check CDs, but they had a lot records of a wide genre and even far more books and CDs. I also checked the ambient corners out. There was no player available so i had to skip some stuff i never heard of / which i didn't recognize and i have bad memory. So perhaps, if you search for such (you say CDs though) then bring a portable player with you. The store is widely known in town, in the heart of the centre and called Logos. I didn't foresee all this and was surprised. Next time i see a second hand bookstore i'll certainly retry this trick.

Ehy mike, i think these suggestions are cool. I'd check out camden town and soho in london. But beware u will spend hours browsing incredible crappy music :)

There is no such place as goa store anywhere in the world as far as i know. and u have to browse rock sections as well. betwen dozens of deep purles and other bands once i found a flying rhino cd. but is literally a total waste of time, and if you are going there only to find the crop circles cdsingle, well u should stay home.. u would save yourself a lot of troubles and a good hemicranya (or however this is spelt) :ph34r:

Ehy mike, i think these suggestions are cool. I'd check out camden town and soho in london. But beware u will spend hours browsing incredible crappy music :)

There is no such place as goa store anywhere in the world as far as i know. and u have to browse rock sections as well. betwen dozens of deep purles and other bands once i found a flying rhino cd. but is literally a total waste of time, and if you are going there only to find the crop circles cdsingle, well u should stay home.. u would save yourself a lot of troubles and a good hemicranya (or however this is spelt)  :ph34r:

441848[/snapback]

talking about crop circles [ :P] - how much did you get for that cd [i assume that you solld it, right] :D?

There is no such place as goa store anywhere in the world as far as i know. and u have to browse rock sections as well. betwen dozens of deep purles and other bands once i found a flying rhino cd. but is literally a total waste of time, and if you are going there only to find the crop circles cdsingle, well u should stay home.. u would save yourself a lot of troubles and a good hemicranya (or however this is spelt)  :ph34r:

441848[/snapback]

I went to Camden Market in London a While back and they had a store that was pretty close to all psy trance. It was called psychedelic dream temple or something like that. All trance and ambient but maybe a bit of reggae too. But there were other place in camden with decent stuff but you did have to search through a lot of crap.

hey reger, the cd wasnt sold at all. As for now me and my friend decided to keep. Seems is the last remaining copy ever as the auracle records remains were trashed some years ago (we found this out, for good). So sadly the value of the single for is not yet defined and we would not accept any offer until is the right moment. But maybe there are a couple of copies floating around somewhere, who knows! :ph34r:

So sadly  the value of the single for is not yet defined

443211[/snapback]

Don't know what you mean by "not defined" but the CD version of this single went for little over 80 GBP on e bay...I believe that was 86...the guy who sold it advertised it in the buy/sell section too if you look through old post you'll find his too.

Don't know what you mean by "not defined" but the CD version of this single went for little over 80 GBP on e bay...I believe that was 86...the guy who sold it advertised it in the buy/sell section too if you look through old post you'll find his too.

443226[/snapback]

However, the new information we have from draeke redefines the value.

I still contend that it is the most valuable Goa Trance CD for a small

circle of fanatics, and that after that 'pool' is exhausted, the larger Symbiosis

fan base makes Accidental Occidentalism the pricier item.

That is to say, the first X Crop Circles disks vs X AO disks will see a

greater yield for CC for some integer X. That integer is a matter of debate

if you accept my reasoning, but I believe it is approximately 5-15.

Heh I think I lost you :)

He said

...So sadly the value of the single for is not yet defined...

then you say:

However, the new information we have from draeke redefines the value.

443233[/snapback]

How are you able to re-define something based on his info when he himself claims it is not defined yet?

I think I'm confused.

The only thing I did is provide a snapshot of a demand when it appeared on e bay which indeed was great....I'm not saying e bay must be used as the only or proper measure of how valuable something is, but he appeared to not know about it being sold, so perhaps it would be useful as a guidance.

hehe, i was looking for mfg and found but for 18$, WTF :blink: ? it was The Prophecy.

new kind of world at the same time was only for 10$ <_<

442163[/snapback]

I suggest you to look again,

all mfg albums (all 3 at least, the 4th I haven't seen lately) for 39 nis each (divide by 4.7 = $ )

also there are lots of second hand shops in tel aviv (I guess not as big as uk stores or Japanese markets)

maybe I'm not making sense. I'm pretty tired ATM ;)

what I meant I guess is that he mentioned that the

supply is now much <<< I gather more limited because

some of the material was destroyed.

Heh I think I lost you :)

He said

then you say:

How are you able to re-define something based on his info when he himself claims it is not defined yet?

I think I'm confused.

The only thing I did is provide a snapshot of a demand when it appeared on e bay which indeed was great....I'm not saying e bay must be used as the only or proper measure of how valuable something is, but he appeared to not know about it being sold, so perhaps it would be useful as a guidance.

443253[/snapback]

maybe I'm not making sense.  I'm pretty tired ATM ;)

what I meant I guess is that he mentioned that the

supply is now much <<< I gather  more limited because

some of the material was destroyed.

443275[/snapback]

That's pretty much safe to say for many releases...even new ones (check out PKS's posts on how he had to destry some of his unsold copies of Chilltribe CD in order to save money). ...but regardless we are on the same page ...

was there one cdsingle sold on ebay? by a swedish guy maybe? but 80 pounds seems not so high being it the crop circle single! my friend wouldn't sell it for such a price. can u give me a link to that? :) The problem of accidental occidentalism vs lunar cdsingle is that symbiosis discs were distribuited and we know more or less taht 1000 copies exists while crop circles was printed maybe in 100? max 200 not more. Accidental may npt be the easiest cd to find (i dont have an original copy, shame on me when i bought the circles single i could buy it for 14 pounds but at the time i tought it was too expensive aha) but from time to time it appeared on ebay and probably on some forums as well. For the cc single the story is different as it was never distribuited and sold only in 1 shop as far as i know or given by hands by the auracle manager himself. Also the fact that all the labels remains were destroyed doesnt really help. I know for a fact that back in 2000 there were many copies of the singles unsold kept in a basement in london, but too much time passed and all was thrashed. (actually he didnt pay the rent of the space he was keeping the stuff in and sombody thrashed it all to free it.. if they only knew the value of the material!! stoopid british..) anyway the time will come when more collecotrs will sell their rare gems and you may have an option to buy then? :)

was there one cdsingle sold on ebay? by a swedish guy maybe? but 80 pounds seems not so high being it the crop circle single! my friend wouldn't sell it for such a price. can u give me a link to that? :)

Yes there was one sold on e bay.

I'd love to give you a link but it was a few months back, so e bay took it offline and it doesn't work any more. If you look at the old postings in buy/sell forum you'll find his advertisment burried somewhere there with the link that doesn't work any more.

Accidental may npt be the easiest cd to find (i dont have an original copy, shame on me when i bought the circles single i could buy it for 14 pounds but at the time i tought it was too expensive aha) but from time to time it appeared on ebay and probably on some forums as well.

Accidental Occidentalism appeared on e bay once as far as I know. It has sold for about 250 Euro...