3.Triskell - Cancellation

4.Abomination - Contradiction

5.Talk Sick - Opposition

6.Neuromotor - Premonition

7.Damage - Termination

8.Nrs vs Bolt - Annihilation

9.Phatmatix - Mutilation

10.Xenomorph - Violation

This compilation benefits of a whole concept with a little booklet from which extreme contents (photos+texts) represents the name of each track from the compilation as you can guess it is very politically oriented; and just for this first step of creation for the compilation Acidance deserves some support.

1>Alex Parasense already cooked by the past some psy mixtures based on samba rythmic (the 2 tracks on v/a Subculture). Liberation is a new try but the samba rythmic part is more discret & fit better with the rest : some powerful electrified leads & a global high-energy. The result make progress without being extraordinary.

2>Dissociactive still delivers heavy psy & trippy music with more or less brainwave; compared to their debut album Blockout released recently, i situated this new tune in their average-low level quality. If you dig this song, seriously think checking their album which is better.

3> I never felt lots of enthusiasm for previous Triskell productions but times change and Cancellation is actually the most accomplished tune from this artist upto now. He succeeds in getting over a stage with production:more melodic/harmonic coherences. Thanks to him we get also coloured leads & different fx compared to previous tracks, especially the nice & weird nasal lead from 6'40. Let's hope he could keep going this good way.

4>Abomination directly starts with a gloomy atmosphere, the Timecode trademarks are obvious here (btw he's a Timecode artist if i'm not wrong :) ). The starting vaporous & shrill organ lead nicely makes your blood run cold & haunts without delay your head all along with its come-back; the filtered synth appearing around 2'50 for the transition positivly contributes too to the mysterious ambience.

5>Toxic (oups Talk Sick, but i prefer the former name) presents a rocking tune through Opposition with explosive tones all along backfiring after 1'30, at 2'53 there's a too short passage with a fucking good groovy bassline then later some electric riffs which get closer to elephant's trumpeting (after 6'00).

6>We penetrate into a more basic full on area here, i skip.

7>Damage tried here to renew the success of Predator using nearly the same receipe. It doesn't make a doubt, the guy has found a personnal style (element that few artists can claim & be proud of) nevertheless Termination isn't as brilliant as its original matrix. Because it lacks the fucking silly energy coming out & furthermore it sounds warmed up despite some attempt of differenciation such as the sweet part (from 5'50) & a longer development. All in all Termination isn't bad, i guess it'll appear, for some people, just like a Predator's clone.

8>Annihilation is too flat for me but It wakes up nicely on the end from 5'15. The main worry resides in the too much all along compressed harmony. I consider the tune as ideal stuff for djs in their mix but taken individually it's not good enough for home listening according to me.

9>Second french artist of the compilation, after Triskell here comes Phatmatix. The beginning is very strange with dark & cold religious men chant. From 2'34 a warning siren is rising in the background. The tune turns apocalyptic at 4'45 with this zombish lead. Around 6'30 a kinda funny rebellion is happenning like if zombies would like recovering their souls running after them & trying to catch something invicible, intangible which always seems to get away from them .

10>A woman with some big worries, someone with big knifes & an old phone ringing, that's the samples opening Violation. The tune as the reflection of the title is brutal, violent, unexpected (like the sudden slow motion break at 2'50) & dark raw. At 5'19 starts a timer sound in the background pre-announcing an explosion. On the end, a man seems becoming mad just before the final shut down ... ;)

climaxs:3,4,5,9

outsider:10

Close to Dirty South for the music style in a lower quality but the booklet concept saves A Violent Reaction. Otherwise it's nise to notice some quality from french darkpsy artists. Indeed that's a pity the music isn't as good as the concept tracknames/design even if the tunes match with them.

7,5/10

I actually like it more than any of the other comps from the new Acidance. v/a Dirty South had some nice moments, but this one is more even in overall quality.

I actually like it more than any of the other comps from the new Acidance. v/a Dirty South had some nice moments, but this one is more even in overall quality.

425052[/snapback]

I like the Xeno, Parasense lite, and Triskell tracks on here...

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

1. PARASENSE - Liberation

2. DISSOCIACTIVE - Agitation

3. TRISKELL - Cancellation

4. ABOMINATION - Contradiction

5. TALK SICK - Opposition

6. NEUROMOTOR - Premonition

7. DAMAGE - Termination

8. NRS VS BOLT - Annihilation

9. PHATMATIX - Mutilation

10. XENOMORPH - Violation

So here goes my first review for 2006 :) I should probably warn you that latley I'm more and more into the "dark trance sound" so I'll probably tend to get a bit biased here. I find the dark trance sound matured nicely latley, whereas until about a year ago it was all about putting a fast droning bassline and not much else I find that now there are more and more layers added and even some melodies here and there so for me the style has become just right now. So I'll finish my rambling and go on to the main review :)

This is a "concept album" released by Acidance as a brutal commentary on the downward spiral of present day society. As you can see, all the track names have a negative verb as a trackname and yes the tracks themselves are pretty brutal indeed.

The comp starts out with a new work by Parasense (PS one of the last works involving Zolod which has sadly passed away at the beginning of the year). I really find his death a pity cause for me Parasence's sound just became better as time passed by. There are a lot of layers all throughout the track. And that mystical melody kicking around 3:50... ohhhh baby that's the stuff :) My fave track on the comp actually. It just feels like you're being sucked in towards the center of the Earth into darkness.

Then comes Dissociative - Agitation which is a bit of a let down after the killer Parasence track. But luckily it all picks up again with Triskell - Cancellation with a nice floating dak melody troughout the track.

Then comes Abomination - Cancellation which has a nice climax around 5:00 but there are other better climaxes on this comp... Then comes Talk Silk - Opposition with a more rockish industrial feeling. Nice but again there are other tracks I prefer on this comp. Ah and now for one of my fave producers Neuromotor man that bassline just makes you want to turn your subwoofer to the max. Although I have to admit I have heard better tracks by him as well... But still a nice track all in all.

Ah and now the brutality unleashes itself completely. Damage - Termination which uses a technique borrowed from hardcore (ie. sampling some rap song with the word "motherfuckers" in it). It's been done a million times in hardcore but it's the first time I hear it in a dark trance track and it works out pretty well :) There are some electric guitars sampled in there as well and then comes the climax around 7:00. Actually this part sounds a LOT like some detroit techno but it works out well in the end :)

Then comes NRS Vs Bolt - Annihilation which also used a lot of Detroit techno elements in it's climax. But again, it works out so well I'm not complaining ;)

Phatmatix - Mutilation has a samples of what sounds some distroted chants. The effect it produces works out VERY well, it's a very dark and hypnotic track.

The end track is Xenomorph - Violation ... well there are some nice elements in the track like a VERY dynamic last part... but the track as a whole I don't really like. First of all there are samples of women screaming (hence the title Violation...) those can get pretty annoying. And my main issue with the track is that the bassline isn't driving enough compared to most dark trance tracks. Anyway the high point is the climax with a sample from the Exorcist "LET JESUS FUCK YOU! LET JESUS FUCK YOU!" hehe pretty funny. But like I said even though there are some nice elements I don't like the track as a whole. Or maybe it just needs some time to grow on me?

Conclusion this is the first album I'm listening to in 2006 and I'm not dissapointed one bit. Dark trance just keeps getting better IMO. It's just too bad that not ALL tracks are killers... 8/10

Fave tracks: 1 (!!!), 7, 8, 9

• 8 years later...

YRF3ii3.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: A Violent Re-Action

Label: Acidance Records

Date: January, 2006

1.Parasense vs Samadhi - Liberation
2.Dissociactive - Agitation
3.Triskell - Cancellation
4.Abomination - Contradiction
5.Talk Sick - Opposition
6.Neuromotor - Premonition
7.Damage - Termination
8.Nrs vs Bolt - Annihilation
9.Phatmatix - Mutilation
10.Xenomorph - Violation

bY74HSY.jpg

Why so angry Acidance?

Your stress levels must be through the roof. A pill of the chilled variety would do you good. I know the world can be a terrible place, but with just a little positive thinking and change in focus we could all be getting our dick wet.

Can a brother get some fornication? How about masturbation? Domination? A little erotic asphyxiation?

There...feel better? I'd much rather be in the sex camp than what the track titles describe. But like other have pointed out this is a concept album and they're embracing the concept that the world is a deeply violent and troubled place. And who could blame them? Paris ain't gonna do it. Whatever country in Africa Boko Haram is terrorizing ain't gonna do it. And ask any parent of the kids murdered in that Pakistani school and you'll be serenaded with the chorus of "F*ck terrorism!" It just proves that subsets of we as a people have been sadistic and evil for a long f*cking time. As you can imagine the tracks are dark, brutal, and violent. Some might as well be the soundtrack to human sacrifice. Man we as a people really suck. I feel depressed now.

Some good night time music (I've stopped saying Twilight cause it makes me feel gay). Some...not all. Well, a couple. Sh*t why am I keeping this? This stuff is more music that hasn't weathered time very well.

Mdk