04. 95.5 Radio Joint [138]

05. The Pay per View Sound [140]

06. My Voices Don’t Like You [140]

07. Dear Daddy Drugs [138]

08. Bruise Vein [138]

09. Bass Bitch [138]

10. Pita Pan [140]

What's This about?

After much dismay last year with a counted number of minimal releases, 2006 has turned the tide announcing a new wave of intelligent rhythms for the adventurous progressive dance floors. Bjorn Jacobsen -one half of Tenka- has opened this year with his debut fitting the Zenon philosophy of deep tech-trance, and funky ‘pro-aggressive’ minimal with Cujo’s signature all over.

All and All

Creating a Second Sun is nice revival for long time fans of the genre. You don’t buy Traktor Schallabor, or Zenon music for their pick ups and the glissandi arpeggiated leads. We are talking about good rhythms and grooves that cross between ethereal themes and ominous driving kicks, showing the 10 or-so years of experience. No track sounds alike and no beat is remotely similar. The elements used and the structure would have nevertheless, been aided by a little more diversity. If you like your chunky progressive more than house this might be a looker. So, if you are hunting for pitchy stretchy ride of anthemic qualities, you peaked your head on the wrong rabbit hole. If on the other hand its decent DJ tool you’re after, give those samples a listen.

for track-by track review and the samples, please surf to > http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/163/2/

• 2 weeks later...

i love global consiousness

i was in the tranceshop the other day

and i asked if the cujorius one had an album

i found an old lp (2001)

but i dont have an lp player

and now a moth later i see that there is a new album from those guys...

they made wicked progressive trance back in the days

and it seems they continue to do so

it just made my wishlist :)

and its my b-day tomorrow wohooo

• 3 months later...

this album has been in constant rotation for months now. every track is individual, and each has developed their own little space in my mind. some favourites are Epo Orc, My Voices Don't Like You and The Pay Per View Sound. also, the intro and lead in on 95.5 Radio Joint is exquisite.

a rock solid bottom end with some seriously stompy bass provides a hefty foundation for some of the most insane grooves i've heard. the percussion flickers to and fro, with some perfectly filtered breaks reversing on themselves before flicking back forward and re-joining the track's movement.

the snyth work is minimal, but fits the vibe here very well. the noises have character and their movement is fluid. the focus here is very much on rhythm though, so don't expect melodies.

highly recommended

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mmmmmmm....just the way I like it! Still jamming this CD. It never gets old.

Same here ^_^

I actually dig this stuff even more than Sensient, he's pounding stuff gets to me after few tracks, this I can listen to all day long B):D

Isn't there a new album coming soon or something? :unsure:

Isn't there a new album coming soon or something? :unsure:

I thought so. The one and only Cujorius One told me so on myspace, but that was several months ago. I haven't heard anything about it since. Maybe I should send him a message asking him what's up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This album disturbed my mind and soul.

I don't actually like this kind of psy but Cujorius One know their sh*t, it totally blew me away.

Tracks 1,2 and 8 are my fabourite. Good thing is that every track got something of its own, and usually albums of this style are all the same and i get bored very fast, but not with this one. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

aaah. i see my old password still works :D

now this is cool to read.. im very flattered. :D

and i have news.. as not within too long ;) we are putting out a new album on Zenon ..

a double.. with room for all the ideas we always hesitated to create..

so . look out for:

Cujorius One, 2008/2009 Zenon records records

London:Paris:Hangover:New York

and yes. .. my soul is black, as always. :D

• 8 years later...