5'x 5' Mandala artwork (UV)

Sanjiva

To afflict for my English, I am not very good.

Yes I am the "artist"

I this painting sells because I believe that it is time that it can travel, and also because if I sells it, that will enable me to be able to turn over to the studies (in this field).

This mandala this names: "the 5e element" and there are full with details which we see only with a blacklight.

Painting acrylic on canvas (like true a painting).

If i could afford it. I would buy it.

438559[/snapback]

So would i!! That is truly beautiful.

How long did it take you to complete?

And just out of curiosity, how much would u sell that for?

vicky, empty your PM inbox. its totally full like.

I love that backdrop. unfortuantly $5500 canadian dollars is a bit out of my price range.

438598[/snapback]

Ok its empty.

$5500 Dollars!!! I dont even know the exchange rate and its expensive...

I'd like to specify that this is NOT a backdrop but a real painting.

This mandala is done on a real canvas with real acrylic paint. It as also been varnished. I'd also like to mention that the price is negociable.

it took three and a half month to complete this mandala. It's not visible on the photo but there are intricate details.

To facilitate transport, the mandala is mounted on wooden support.

We can arrange for a rounded price that will include shipping charge.

the backdrop is marvellous, but a different question comes to my mind, are you the Sanjiva artist? The fact that you are canadian makes me guess.. :) i totally adore your albums and was very hard to track them all down originals (nintysix sound stuff is really difficult to find!)

as for now, my compliments for the artwork!

lol 1 Canadian dollar = 0.727515956 Euro

I'm sorry to tell you but asking 4000 € for this piece is a big joke imo.

Good luck trying to sell it. Keep in mind that most people in the psyscene are not filthy rich and just search a nice backdrop to decorate their room and people outside the psyscene (who are filthy rich) wouldn't buy your art.

I was thinking about min 150€- max 500€ for something like this.

If you can sell it for 500, consider yourself blissed.

Primary: Art is a value held within the eyes of the viewer. Secondary: The second part that comes along with art, if it's a well known sought after artist.

With number one in mind, this piece could be valued from 1-infinite amount of dollars. With number 2 involved, it creates an artwork median price. Without it, you're most likely going to only have the poor suckers we are looking at it in awe going wow, I wish this guy would take 2-300 dollars for it.

While a beautiful thing, it's subject matter is...Well, to hippie-ish. Now if it was as intricate and detailed as other artists' work, I'd say 900-1000. When you're doing oil on canvas, and you're super well known and that median is created. We'll look at 2500-1million :)

Anyways, while it may be a nice "cool" piece of art, I don't think it signifies much meaning to any one of us here to spend as much as you're asking, and politely would advise you that maybe you should reconsider your expectations for such art, until you change your target audience. :-P

Aaron

I knew that posting my canvas here will gave me little chance to sell it but well we never know ... I already have a potential buyer here in Canada but i thought about also posting it here. There is also chance that this canvas will be put in an art galery to be sold.

No i'm not the musical artiste Sanjiva. Maude is my name and Sanjiva is my artist nickname.

Love&light