MFG - Message From God

Halosian

sucks

437427[/snapback]

Yes, actually I agree... What the f**k happened with good psytrancemusic? This stuff doesn't move me anything near the Project Genesis/New Kind of World sound. Everyone says that the oldschool sound is outdated - I say this boring fullon bassline is outdated already!

Just listened to old fantastic Cosmosis latest album Trancendance. The same shit here.. They were talented artists who produced trancemusic with feelings and quality. Now everyone is doing the same sound. What happened?

Why?

Did everyone know that this high expected album was set for a releasedate this month (Februrary)?

3 promos for prelistening and 1 full length downloadable track from the album is available at Hom Megas website: http://www.hommega.com

What do you think?

437423[/snapback]

Even if the track itself isn´t that bad i´am pissed of that they alzo use the fucking bad fullon bassline, how this shit can be possible? I hoped that this album would be great and oldschool but it won´t be. Simon posford or someone else should release a good classic album that get´s most respect and noone buy fullon, that would force the fucking fullon producers to use well sounding basslines instead of this fucking bullshit.

MFG - MESSAGE FROM GOD

HOMmega's first release of 2006 is the long awaited 5th album of Psy Trance pioneers

MFG - Message From God

Guy Zukrel (aka Passenger) & Aharon Segal have teamed up again to bring forth a wonderful

journey of old school trance mixed with new wave atmosphere and industrial beats.

Oldschool? Industrial?

Just listened to old fantastic Cosmosis latest album Trancendance. The same shit here.. They were talented artists who produced trancemusic with feelings and quality. Now everyone is doing the same sound. What happened?

Why?

437439[/snapback]

VST happened. That's why. IMO. :ph34r:

what´s VST? Do you mean software synthesizers or what?

Yes.

Good softwaresynthesizers sound almost as great as the real old synthesizers.

437576[/snapback]

I like quite a lot more analog sounds... they are warmer, stronger/fatter, more organic and a track made with analog synths have more soul and character than a track made with digi synths. VST synths sound cheap... and analogs sounds like "a real instrument". IMO.

Edit: But I love to fool about with VST synths... they are really great for learning purposes... and fun and easy to use.

Yes.

I like quite a lot more analog sounds... they are warmer, stronger/fatter, more organic and a track made with analog synths have more soul and character than a track made with digi synths. VST synths sound cheap... and analogs sounds like "a real instrument". IMO.

Edit: But I love to fool about with VST synths... they are really great for learning purposes... and fun and easy to use.

437581[/snapback]

well, i think youre wrong about VSTs - its not about who uses it, but how, if you are all about music, then theres no difference between VSTs or analog synths, good music is good music, bad music is bad [taste?]. IMO. and ofcourse - only "bad" thing that came with vsts was - they are available for everyone, which is not bad, but thats the reason why there are so many wannabe copycats.

IMO :)

Did everyone know that this high expected album was set for a releasedate this month (Februrary)?

3 promos for prelistening and 1 full length downloadable track from the album is available at Hom Megas website: http://www.hommega.com

What do you think?

437423[/snapback]

i think i liked shining faces, since i havent heard more than just a few fullon tracks, so im not fed up with it [i dont like it tho], i liked it, the only thing i didnt like - guitar sound :). i also liked "you decide" from electric universe at first, but now its too boring allready, the same will be with MFG <_< Edited by reger

I think about 0.5 % of today's psytrance producers has more talent in music than a random human who doesn't get to release anything. The rest just repeat.

*Says something nostalgic about the good old days (even though i didn't know about goa back then)*

wrong IMO.

melody amnesia and formulaic structure happened.

437655[/snapback]

true, but the vst thing has something true in it alzo i think, i have very much virtual synths and i really thing that almost all synths sound thin and like software insteat real instruments, even the vintage synths or do you think audiorealysmbassline sounds like a tb303, of course not at all.

true, but the vst thing has something true in it alzo i think, i have very much virtual synths and i really thing that almost all synths sound thin and like software insteat real instruments, even the vintage synths or do you think audiorealysmbassline sounds like a tb303, of course not at all.

437721[/snapback]

vst have a small share.thin sound can be made fat with some effects.

the thing is that we don't have anymore thin sounding eastern vibes(at least)

we have thin(?) sounding random immature vibes

Listen to the samples; it's full on :(

Sounds really boring in my opinion.

407331[/snapback]

Some of you obviously know how good/great MFG's first several albums were. My thoughts:

The Prophecy - (1996) - Very good, a solid debut. Some impressive work!

New Kind of World - (1997) - I thought was pretty good. It seems to go back to their more uplifting or not darker goatrance, however it seems to be a bit too focused on being dance-friendly. My complaint always was the kickdrum being dropped so very soon into almost every song, because it seemed to ignore the parts for those interesting intros. A good amount of fans seemed to like this one the most overall.

Project Genesis (1998) - is my favorite album by MFG. I thought it was great! The darker goatrance approach I found intriging and super cool. The track WHY is unforgettable. The only thing I didn't care for was the ripped-off Independence Day album cover. Nonetheless, it's the music that counts.

The Message - (2001) - Pretty good I thought. More fans in general seemed to be a bit disappointed with this one over their previous three. I actually liked it more than New Kind of World for some reason but not over Project and Prophecy.

After that: Nearly 5 years pass with no MFG album, until now.

Based on their 4 long samples from their 2006 album:

For the future of man-kind I like. I actually like it the most from their samples so far. It's nothing spectacular or great to me, but I like those melodies... When the voice says.. "For the future of Man-kind," those melodies are catchy, cool,yes... I so hope the album will improve with the next couple tracks I haven't heard or didn't hear enough of.

In search of truth sounds pretty cool I think, but a bit repetitive to me. MFG was always great with melodies and I like parts here. It's not goatrance anymore though. I prefer their psychedelic, goatrance over this full-on psytrance, but it's not bad. I think it's actually better than most full-on sounding stuff out there. However, for an MFG song I was looking for something more impressive.

Positive Energy: Are you serious?! That's it?! I PRAY there are some really good/great tracks (at leasta one or two super-songs) on this 5th album because I'm so far NOT impressed. This track isn't terrible, there's a part that repeats that picks up with with more aggression, but not much else happens. This was the entire track download I heard in it's entirety several times, and I find it BORING. If Positive Energy is track 4... :blink: ...MFG usually puts their best tracks in the middle. I could be wrong, but track 4 doesn't seem like the best spot to put a weak or not great song unless this is one of their best new songs. In that case, I have a feeling it won't be a bad album, just one that isn't nearly as good as the previous ones and one that probably could have been better with some more time and work. :huh::unsure: Oh well...

Enlightment - Another decent track. When the music stops it gets more interesting, like where will the song go next... cool transition, although it doesn't seem to go anywhere great IMO, I think it gets pretty good with those melodies, chimes, tunes, etc...all blending and flowing together quite nicely.

Overall, I'm surprised if this is considered good/great by them after all these years of silence, no releases, but it's not bad, especially compared to most FULL ON out there. C'mon MFG! Is it impossible for you to make some super intricate, imaginative, spacey, roller coaster, energy-charged goa-inflenced psytrance like you did back in the day?? We're your fans here since 1996! This is their first album in like 6 years and so far it isn't exactly what I hoped for. But after what happened with AP, I'm not shocked. Maybe MFG just can't make aweosme or amazing tracks anymore. An example of a super-song is "WHY" on Project Genesis. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to hearing this entire album. I hope these songs aren't their best new tracks and if they are, well, what can anyone really do anymore. ;)