New FILTERIA: HELIOPOLIS" album released!

Jon Cocco

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell the truth I was never into melodic goa trance. I'm just more psytrance kind of guy.. melodic goa sounds very awkward to my ears, like umm DJ BOBO

hey now watch it there, DJ Bobo was actually one of my fave producers from my "pre-psytrance" days. Don't forget that he's the ONLY producer of eurodance who had massive success in the early 90s and still has success today whereas most eurodance producers never last more than 1 album... And now I shall dust off my Dance with Me CD and give it another listen, it's been a while :P

I've got this feelin'

Somebody daaance with meeee

Somebody dance with me

:ph34r:

I am way hyped for it but I think this thread could turn ugly. Everyone has to say something about this and some won't pay any respect to the hard work this guy puts into his music... I know there's the impulse to comment on something if it's popular, especially if one disagrees, but can we all just remember that he reads these forums too? Artists are human beings and some of what the regular psynews ass clown squad says is downright vile. A little bit of conscientiousness for your fellow man would be wicked to see :ph34r:

I haven't heard it at all yet but I sure am looking forward to it... now play nice ;)

437365[/snapback]

very well put! thank you for that.

.x

yeah they're called fractals... were pretty hype when the oldschool scene was thriving :)

438921[/snapback]

And all together now: They're NOT fractals!!!

:):D

I like it its highly melodic with an oldschool touch and the lunar civilization rmx is also good,maybe its a little to intense on the melody side,but its deffinetly one of the better realeses out there imo. :)

the reviews so far do not seem to be very enthusiastic - any other opinions?!

440975[/snapback]

Those last several posts on the Filteria: Heliopolis review thread aren't even reviews. Just read them... I don't understand why they don't just post their thoughts or comments here in the general forums before they go stacking up thoughts and impressions in the review thread, ya know? It kinda makes it difficult for the average ready to distinguish between those who heard the entire album and those who just heard the samples and are posting thoughts on that. :huh::blink:

For example, this taken from the Filteria: Heliopolis review thread:

I think filteria is really cool, but

440788[/snapback]

Ummm yeah, could that not have been placed here?? :unsure:Heliopolis is still fairly new. I don't think many people have gotten it yet. At www.psyshop.com the shipping seems to go down if you order 2-3 albums in place of just one album. Check it out sometime. :)

Hello everyone, flaming all over Filteria i see. Well i didnt read all of it but let me just clear one thing out: first of all you shouldnt post shit just after u listened to some samples and not the real deal. I have the CD and is fucking great! If u stick to listen to full-on and repetitive music why do u care to comment on Jannis work? He spend a lot of time creating a music that has a soul and a spirit! There are a lot of different emotions in different tracks, and let me post here a lil review i did on a mailing list:

"Outstanding powerful tracks, instant classics: Unfiltered (SO pleiadians!), Reflected(!!!my total fav of the album!!!) and Pyrogen(!!)

Incredible track: Lunar Remix (@@@)

Amazing ambient: Cloud Kingdom. (superb samples, vocals and atmosphere)

Thats the very short edition, now let me write better:

#1 Unfiltered seems to be a Pleiadians tracks really, organic and very special indeed, absolutely floor killer, many lines and acidic synths!

#2 A little less interesting for me but groovy! actually a little different somehow from the rest of the album (maybe the dude featuring?) some strange variations!

but definetely like the bubbles alike tweaks and stuff! maybe i need to relisten better!

#3 monstrous track, a superb melody and a very nice break, the melodioes are somehow sad and melancholic but in a very positive way and the evolution of the track is really marvellous, definetely my filteria fav track ever as for now!! it really works well on my ego, inconscious as it has this special sad touch that evolves into positive, cant really describe but marvellous

#4 aliens sounds here, wicked stuff! very much mysterius, killer tune with a great break: but how possible is a short version ?! :D how was the complete edit? 15 min!??

#5 SO oldschool and great!!! this actually bounced me back in time.. so mystical i really love it, the beat also is somehow enchaining me to the floor.. dark atmosphere going on! mysterious... a jump into a black hole!

#6 from the dark sounds to the powerful positiveness! lovely moment at 7 minute or so.. i just wish it was longer! great sample!

#7 nothing to say that it wasnt said before.. this gets not classified but not like with no vote but more like unable to give one! :) totally crazy and monstrous, much respect for this one.. a dream coming true!!!!!

#8 starting with a video game alike sound or like an anime ending credit, superb track!

again, congrats!!"

on the top of this let me tell you that I personally got the permissions from the original creators of Lunar Civilization, to publish the remix!! Andrea and Filippo found it MARVELLOUS. They said it sounds as alien-made as their own but with a top production skill and a great sound! Filippo was ENTHUSIASTIC about it and was happy to give permissions to him, so did Andrea and Carlo.

So if You have some personal things against Jannis, don't do this on a forum!

Well i didnt read all of it but let me just clear one thing out: first of all you shouldnt post shit just after u listened to some samples and not the real deal.

"Shit"? Why not listen to samples and judge? What are samples for in your opinion? Are they meant to buy an album after you listened them; without questioning if you liked it? Should one, after having listened to samples, buy an album he/she probably doesn't like enough? At least people state they listened to samples in their posted judgement which is a Good Thing IMO.

If u stick to listen to full-on and repetitive music why do u care to comment on Jannis work?

Fallacy; you don't have to like full-on or repititive music to dislike this CD. For example: one can like e.g. Hallucinogen - Twisted and dislike e.g. Filteria - Sky Input just fine...

He spend a lot of time creating a music that has a soul and a spirit!

Yeah and so do many other artists. Doesn't mean you have to like their work. If you can't stand the heat, don't read. If, as artist, it is your opinion that people who judge on your samples are too pre-judging because they haven't listened to the real track then just ignore their opinion (or fix the problem or make it less worse). If, as artist, you do not care about simple opinions such as "i really like it" without any insightful arguments then just ignore it, right? Just because someone reads a forum doesn't mean you have to be extraextraextra nice to them, their work or their ego, not state your criticism, or not say you like it very much while being honest behind their back. Because *gasp* thats dishonest and self-censorship. Conversely, just because someone does not read what you write does not mean it is justified to be mean about them or their art. There's a saying for that one too: talking behind ones back. I don't get the problem and blabla with all this, its simple as kissing 101.

Thanks for posting your review though. It underlines what i already concluded (more of the same which is ++ if you liked the previous) hence doesn't make me more exciting because i don't see how his style changed much since Sky Input.

oh well, draeke, who cares that cc accepted it, afterall the ones who listen to it judge and give their honest opinions ;)! and i think you should read all posts in this topic before calling them "shit", you know that is low...

and i agree with what flipie said on this subject :).

its taste afterall.

Is the new one like the first one?

I have heard it's a bit different, but not too much.

Is the style still so intense?

If it's still so intense I will not get that one. I have the first one and it's too intense, it blows me outta my mind, can't listen to this at home, too intense stuff, it makes me wanna scream "Ambient, ambient ... quickly or I'll explode!" ... I can't take this stuff. It's not oldschool, it's freaking intense fast brain-kamikaze music for me which I can only listen to very, very, very seldom - the first Filteria has only been in my CD player twice!

It´s still intense but i would say less,there are not so many layers of sound as "sky input"but they are still there i also like the melodies better on this one,his first album was good but this one is better imo. :)

We have no personal issues with Yannis dear draeke....!! I'll say just like few others here, i don't like this album...! It's just an opinion and stop your shit about personal issues bla bla.....

Since you open such a thread you'll receive positive and negative comments...!! You think all world have the same taste...? Is this the official praise Filteria thread....?

You argue there's a lot of Filteria worship in this forum... so the correct response is to make sure to rain on everyone's parade, is that right?

You freely admit you're more likely to comment on something if you dislike it... good vibes, anyone?

I'm not making rules here; I'm just commenting on what seems to be persistant

mean-spirited tendancies that plenty of psynews members seem to have. What sucks is that the closer an artist is to the community the more likely people feel obligated to rip into their efforts, which is simply disrespectful if you ask me. It's fine to dislike the artist's work, perfectly okay to talk about it, but I think some people take it one step beyond, that's all. I don't expect anyone who does so to realize it, since they're perfectly content to argue endlessly, but I don't think that changes anything...

Hopefully that's all I need to say on that subject. Probably not, knowing people

didn't see this thread before, but I must say I agree 100% with Basilisk here, sometimes I see posts here that seem little more that ill-disguised attempts at ventilating frustration. I really wonder why it can be so hard for some people to express themselves with some decency and respect, and tone down the hostility?