Spam

ProSect

Ok,

I got to my breakpoint of the shameless spam via msn messenger, icq and email.

Case 1: leaving your e-mail on forum causing some "newsletter" listing of you on some labels, ok but we all write some old and unused email. sending personal email or getting with contact with some labels suddenly gets you on the same spam list even so you never asked for and used your personal email cause its more handy.

Case 2: an artist/label or anyone from your icq or msn messenger adds you, or you added him some time ago cause you had some biz to do, or just for any other reason. now he never talks to you, but all message history is one big link stock with mega promo text, which you even don't have a clue what's that about like party in south columbia with some mega dj. or just a release from label that sent to you half year before during every month or less, and then half year after the release same problem.

And I'm talking about artists and labels from our scene, how low they can go? I mean there must be some respect and proffesionalism.

OK, I wanted to send them to fuck some wombats, here's the tryout:

xxx says:

!!! - NEWS FLASH - !!! Killargh promo text (shortened due to spam reasons)

ProSect said:

i'm sorry dude, but i would really appritiate if you will talk and communicate with me instead of just sending me promo text which i even dont know and have no idea what to reply about

xxx says:

:o

ProSect says:

!!! - NEWS FLASH - !!!

xxx says:

:D:D

ProSect says:

sorry but i'm just tired of msn/icq as spam tool.

xxx says:

ahhah me too... i alwuyas using and its a borring task

:blink:

Did you met the same problem?

Discuss

ND

i get spammed a bit on yahoo messenger, by romanian promoters. but it's not really annoying, it's just 3 promoters or so. the bad thing is that they're promoting stuff that happen like 300-500 km away from me.

:)

i get spammed a bit on yahoo messenger, by romanian promoters. but it's not really annoying, it's just 3 promoters or so. the bad thing is that they're promoting stuff that happen like 300-500 km away from me.

:)

437228[/snapback]

300km? its fair enough.

I'm getting something like, dj mojo jojo live in brazil, reply now or die

:ph34r:

ND

Only after i ordered a CD, i got e-mail from that label every week or so stating whats new in their collection. I never demanded to be added on their e-mail list. Funnily enough that CD i bought was the only CD they had which i liked. So it was a useless effort from their side. Wrote an e-mail that i wanted to be removed from the e-mail list. Got no reply, never gotten ath after that. Had he not removed me, i'd have issued a report to one of my RBL lists.

As for IMs theres a fairly decent solution. Just be invisible and add people you know to your visible list. That way, people who you haven't added on your list don't see you online. Or use 2 accounts; one for serious work / friends one for blahblah. Both worked for me w/ICQ back in the days, dunno about whatever IM is popular nowadays i suppose its MSN Messenger which i don't know much about. Never got the damn thing working like i want it to be. I prefer Yahoo! Messenger which supports invisible option the way ICQ does which is the way i like it.

Like you said using a "spam" address on forums also works pretty nifty. Heavily guard it with all kind of anti-spam utilities. Some forums allow you to hide your e-mail address as well.