My first post! and 2 very melodical tracks

Verb

Hello!

my first post, and haven't actualy come across this forum before this past minute or so, and got a tip from a friend of mine, Moai. thanks!

i just posted 2 tracks on isratrance, and i want to post them here too... so here they are...

http://www.alexunderstands.com/verb_-_kenosis.mp3

http://www.alexunderstands.com/verb_-_flying_cowboys.mp3

Kenosis is not people with musical digestive problems. this will clean your bowels for you B) (180 bpm straight through)

but i think flying cowboys is something for everyone! (147 bpms.)

maybe im wrong :)

i would love some feedback on these, such as where to turn with melodical psytrance these days... :( because i can only find killargh-trance labels... but im not very good at looking :blink:

Looking forward to seeing more of this forum, mostly im a reader though. but maybe i'll post some :)

I heard them only once yet, but found them hilariously funny :D Not something for tripping, but great anyway :) Kenosis could be a little shorter though. To fit my taste, you should improve the bassline (sample and melody), but if you're into the classic goa thing then it's OK ;)

In Kenosis, add some mid frequency layer to fatten the sound if you can...

Good tracks, very entertaining indeed.

Thanks!

though i don't think they're "meant" to be funny really. :) except maybe the first 2 mins of kenosis.

...not that i know what they're meant to do come to think of it...

but fun is a relative thing so. :)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i largely prefer Kenosis but there's still something to improve in it, maybe mid frequencies like said mind.bender, at least something to raise the contrast betweens elements (a better balanced mix for example).

I find the second too in the clubby side coz of the melody.

Strangely your tunes reminds me stuffs from Bonzai Rec. such as Hitch-Hiker & Dumont - A new dimension or Axis - Come On

i largely prefer Kenosis but there's still something to improve in it,  maybe mid frequencies like said mind.bender, at least something to raise the contrast betweens elements (a better balanced mix for example).

I find the second too in the clubby side coz of the melody.

Strangely your tunes reminds me stuffs from Bonzai Rec. such as Hitch-Hiker & Dumont - A new dimension or Axis - Come On

438086[/snapback]

Okay, i'll look into those record labels and that, thanks :)

Hello Verb,

I am pretty enthusiastic about your 2 tracks! I would say Flying cowboys sounds more professional, with a nice breakdown at around 4 mn. That said, the bassline sounds a bit too simple and too old to my taste, but it's a nice track.

About Kenosis : i am amazed by your melodies! And i don't even find the track too long, better, i find it kinda entrancing, but at the same time it sounds amateur, certainly because of the high BPMS, the kickdrum and the bassline. The bassline is way too simple in my opinion, work on it. I would have made the track a bit slower, but that's your choice and after all it makes the track really original. But again, i am really enthusiastic about the whole track, your ideas are good!

I only checked Flying Cowboys (since I have those "digestion problems" you mentioned there above ;) ).

Very nice track, but towards the end (from 6:43 on) it gets somewhat too ... well, can't describe it, it feels like there's aggressive fluffyness going on and I don't like it, you know ... too much "jingling" in a way you know, I don't like that so much. A pity, because it was a nice track with good production sound and a very nice and catchy melody that I liked pretty much up to that point...

Just my personal taste though...

Very nice track, but towards the end (from 6:43 on) it gets somewhat too ... well, can't describe it, it feels like there's aggressive fluffyness going on and I don't like it, you know ... too much "jingling" in a way you know, I don't like that so much. A pity, because it was a nice track with good production sound and a very nice and catchy melody that I liked pretty much up to that point...

Just my personal taste though...

439753[/snapback]

haha, yes i know what you mean. and i can well imagine you're not the only one to think so. :) gets pretty cheezy, i think it's the most fluffy track i've made.

Hey man I like your melodies in kenosis.

i like the part starting at 1:54 most. good layers, very psychedelic.

the vocal sample in the beginning is the only part that i dont like.

it sounds too much like hard house or club music, but i like the

wacky melody that follows it.

i also like the bassline, i think it suits the song fine. a complex KBBB

bassline wouldn't work too well at this speed anyway.

overall i think its original stuff..

what program /synths did u use?

I've never heard anything like Kenosis. Bloody nice work dude!

I prefer a bit more complicated touch, but this works just the way it is.

Oh and the only part I like is from 5:00 to forward. The beginning is rather weak.

I really hope you ignore the mouths saying higher bpms are a problem.

How many melodic psy albums have you seen where the bpm is close to 170-180?

Indeed, there isn't any. BUT that's not because it's impossible.

You could be g.r.o.u.n.d.b.r.e.a.k.i.n.g.!

keep practising your talent. :)

oh but I don't like those happy hardcore-alike shouts. "seven!" and so on. blah!

I mean c'mon man, even if the music is fast it doesn't have to be total cheesesplash!

I've never heard anything like Kenosis. Bloody nice work dude!

I prefer a bit more complicated touch, but this works just the way it is.

Oh and the only part I like is from 5:00 to forward. The beginning is rather weak.

I really hope you ignore the mouths saying higher bpms are a problem.

How many melodic psy albums have you seen where the bpm is close to 170-180?

Indeed, there isn't any. BUT that's not because it's impossible.

You could be g.r.o.u.n.d.b.r.e.a.k.i.n.g.!

keep practising your talent. :)

oh but I don't like those happy hardcore-alike shouts. "seven!" and so on. blah!

I mean c'mon man, even if the music is fast it doesn't have to be total cheesesplash!

441600[/snapback]

and those counting things are kindah, well, ironic ;) i think they sound so "made up" and so.. uh. archetypical with a caricature thing that... hehe well. ;) i guess i didn't really imagine anyone would take it seriously :D but i should've thought of that too. :) it's kindof my sense of humour anyway, so many layers of irony that you don't know what is what anymore :)

the trackname of kenosis was first (but in swedish) "how far can you go?" and it was a sortof tryout at how far you can push something, without well, musicaly distorting it or soundwise distorting it.

Kenosis: funny to hear some 180 bpm psychedelic... a bit too happy hardcore if there would be a full album... but nice to get some different perspectives. And the melodies are great, very uplifting in this pace and good complexity without that it would'nt work....!

Flying cowboys: I like the production (off course mastering never hurts) but the foundation is definetly there. As you said your self very cheesy in the end but up to that point it worked well for me.

By the way who made the artwork on the on the webpage your songs are on? Looks good!

thanks!

yeah ive made alot of music, and in the fast area i've made well, a demo with 8 tracks (9 counting kenosis) where the slowest one is 157, and the fastest one is 192 (which is as far as i've been able to make anything... up at that point the fast hihats are almost a tone...) but i think ive only made 3 tracks that are above 180. Kenosis, 180 ; Thoughtmuncher, 184 ; Tao-dancing 192.

i've stayed around 160-174 somethereabouts.

but mostly i make things around 130-140 or 148-160

but thats just talking generaly about how it's been going lately, i have no idea what the future's going to look like...

i think it's really a creative pleasure making fast trance. there's no space for thinking left, so it all comes out really... smoothly.

alexunderstands.com is a friend of mines webpage. im "borrowing" his space for a while :)