Results for "BEST OF 2005" ! :D

moni

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

good work................

hum but, some results are stranger j :blink: ejejejejeje, the vote is the vote...

:rolleyes:

to hear the work of 2006 now !!!!!

Yeah :)

they were PWNED  :)

only crappy artists need to promote themselves like that  B)

435327[/snapback]

What the hell is PWNED :angry: Anyway, man, that is so embarrassing. I'd just crawl right into a treehole and diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie ...

But wait .. maybe they did :huh: So what they got banned from isratrance or what? Now to keep an eye out here for strange new comers. Not SkeletonMan, off course. He'd never do a thing like that. Noooooo, never ... :D

I sense a lot of fake accounts.. our regulars didn't really vote for them, did they?

435246[/snapback]

i checked all IPs. there were just 2 usernames with the same IP. their top 5 were not similar. even if it was a double account, 1 top 5 doesn't have the chance to change much in the statistics. after all, it could have been also that 2 different people used the same computer to post their top 5.

for any questions, i am here till around midnight :lol:

Well, I voted Khetzal as well, and I'm not "poster" enough for you I guess... Am I not good enough because I don't post so much? I visit these forums simply to find out about good releases, to read about the music... and I liked Khetzal the most! simple as that... i'm not "smart" enough yet to reply on all music threads, and I'm not interested in off topic... that explains my low amount of posting, but when I saw a best of topic I could reply, so I did. A pitty you think that is unfair.

100 % agree B)

By the way..

Isratrance 2005 poll top 3:

01.Jaia - Fiction (Digital Structures)

02.Shpongle - Nothing Lasts (Twisted Records)

03.Ticon - Zero Six After (Digital Structures)

Psynews 2005 poll top 3:

01.Khetzal - Corolle

02.Entheogenic - Dialogue Of The Speakers

03.Derango - Tumult

I must say that Isratrance correlates better with my taste this year, I haven't even heard of 1 & 3 in the psynews top :D

edit.

I like the psynews poll top 3 by #1 votes better:

01 Entheogenic - Dialogue Of The Speakers

01 Khetzal - Corole

03 Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... But Nothing Is Lost

that's how the did it @ isra too.. only 1 vote for best album, 1 vote for best compilation.. etc

The one-vote system @ Isratrance sucks IMO...

I like ours much better, though I could have easily named a top 10 in both albums + compilations...

/DP

435580[/snapback]

yeah, you were very close to being sent a horse head and stuff.

I like Psynews top much better... basically, that's why I'm here and not there.

I like 18 out of the top 20 (and the other two I don't really know) so I think it's a good result. Enough with the bitching.

435461[/snapback]

Would be interesting to see your top... you didn't post it @ "the thread"...

Great job Moni. I was impressed with all the details, stats of your work. I was expecting you to list 5 albums with points next to each one and thats it... :huh: ..but you did far more. I admire your work and dedication. It's interesting to see what record labels produced more albums people most liked over others. We'll see how that changes this year. Great stuff!

Very well done indeed!

But with 2 Suntrip releases in top 5, can you really call it objective & representative ;) ?

435067[/snapback]

I had each one in my top 5 and I consider myself very selective. We have to take into consideration that Suntrip released Filteria in 2004 which was considered the best album of the year by many people on this site because of it's successful, ambitious take on the famous Pleiadians style. Both Suntrip releases making the top 5 or 10 is no fluke to me. They've been exceptional releases for what they are so far, and I hope it continues.

Actually I have both Apsara and Khetzel back-to-back in my top 5, unable to decide which one I preferred most. In the end I think I favored Apsara because of the variety, but both are great albums. People on this site [in general] seem to talk and care stronger for goatrance than on other psytrance sites I know of. I think that would easily play a role on the voting.

I like Psynews top much better... basically, that's why I'm here and not there.

Would be interesting to see your top... you didn't post it @ "the thread"...

435796[/snapback]

Same. ;)

I also like the Isratrance top 3 better, but on the other hand i havent even listened to any record in our top 3.

435858[/snapback]

GaySatanicHippie, not to sound rude but how would you really know that you liked the Isratrance top 3 better had you not heard the top 3 here? That's like saying you automatically like something more without giving the other thing chance.

I also voted for Khetzal in my Top 5. It's an overall fantastic psy/goatrance album that I found not groundbreaking or perfect, but a beautiful nostalgic sounding, new-skool goatrance album influenced from some classic, old-skool stuff. Certain people may have not heard it on Isratance (or nearly as much) but that's how we become aware of gems or underrated albums. What counts is quality, and Khetzal is a great album that people generally seem to enjoy lotz!

As far as anyone questioning the poll numbers go... I think Moni did a great job. Anyone who wants to count the numbers for themselves can always do so. I can't say the Top 5 final albums are my Top 5 favorites, but duh.. they're not supposed to be. It is what it is. Simply put. This is taken from the popular vote here. Sure the results may be different on other sites. That's good because it gives both sides of people albums they can both check out that maybe they missed one or two before.